Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Build thread for my new wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
themadhatterxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red car, black (Cf) hood, yellow BBk, pink wheels...

Nice build tho hope you enjoy your new wheels.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:34 PM
DB350

i like it, but the rest of your car needs more flow... as said ^ you got red, black, yellow, pink, polished metal...

but it still looks sick, nice offsets
Old 06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
VettEtr

Seriously? A custom set of wheels and you go with pink? Better pop that collar when you roll out...Jager bombs, Jager bombs...F'n skanks
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM
microsteve40
Know it all

Originally Posted by NZMOWND
hmm the wheels look dope just not feeling it on the red...black maybe so but not red
I think it looks a bit goofy on the red too, although I dig it. I should take a picture of the other side of the car, with the cherry blossoms on the fender...It flows better on that side, just not the side I happened to be on when I snapped those cell pics...

Originally Posted by Get Your Wheels
Are you going to do a photoshoot?
Yeah I am. I've got someone wanting to shoot it, so maybe next week sometime.

Originally Posted by vex008
would probably go better with different color brakes imo
I'm torn on this. I LOVE yellow brakes, and always have, and I think it looks good this way. However, it might look better with a different color...I'm thinking of having the brakes polished, and then adding the brembo logo back on. If I decide to go that route, it'll prob be winter though. I don't drive the car much over the winter, and I hate to give up prime summer time to have the brakes done now...

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
Let us know when you decide to paint the center pieces
I doubt this will ever happen. I'm not sure what color I'd do next, but either way, I'd probably just sell these and get a new set and let someone else do the color change...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:41 PM
microsteve40
Know it all

I guess the thing you all have to realize is that I just like to try different things. 10 spoke wheels aren't my favorite, but I've had 5, 6, and split 5, so I decided to try something new to me. I've never been crazy about stepped lips, but I've had reverse on my last 2 sets and never done step, so I ordered them stepped this time (and might be hooked!). Just like when I bought the blue AMEs, I didn't know how the pink would look, but so what? If I hated it, I'd sell them or paint them or whatever.

When I order parts, rarely do I get my most coveted ones. I try to get something that I haven't done yet, and that hasn't been done locally (I live in Idaho, so that's usually not a huge issue...).
Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SICK wheels. Not sure about the color combo. But, hey don't matter as long as you are happy
Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by microsteve40
I'm torn on this. I LOVE yellow brakes, and always have, and I think it looks good this way. However, it might look better with a different color...I'm thinking of having the brakes polished, and then adding the brembo logo back on. If I decide to go that route, it'll prob be winter though. I don't drive the car much over the winter, and I hate to give up prime summer time to have the brakes done now...
Don't get me wrong. Yes the Yellow brakes do look great...love it on the red, just clashes a little but and takes away from the wheels IMO.
Polished would be the only route I would go with the brakes given your setup and flow better with the polished lips.
Would like to see some shots with the cherry blossom hood/fender side.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
dan avoN7

If I saw your car on the road I'd assume you are color blind The colors of the wheels, brakes, hood, etc.. all clash IMO.

You have some amazing parts on there. Would love to see the brakes red (or another color that flows), hood painted, and the wheel centers polished (or another color that flows). The car would be near perfect after that