Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

My White 350z : Te37 Reps , Bbs Lm reps, Xxr 526 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Jamhour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My White 350z : Te37 Reps , Bbs Lm reps, Xxr 526 ?

Hey, long story short, Im getting new wheels and wondering what would be the best/cleanest look on the car. The car is on df-210's and has an amuse body kit on it. What would be the best in your opinion and will any of them have problems with the brake kit? Thanks.

and sorry forgot to mention: THE CAR IS TURBO'D . Thanks

Here is the pic of the car, its a very old picture and does not have the wheels, or decals ( stickers ) .. But it still does have the Body kit and brakes.

Te37 Reps : 18x9.5 around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-VARRSTOEN...item5d2f962802

Bbs Lm Reps 19x9.5 around

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-LM-Stagge...item1e6917d002

Xxr 526 18x10.5 around
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXR-526-18-1...item3f11517e34

Just give me your opinions thanks.

Last edited by Jamhour; 12-18-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:28 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Design is my background.IMO,if your are seeking a "clean" look,the LM 19'S in the hyper-black would be the best choice(don't like the red center cap,though).The XXR looks cheap in comparison.Varrstoen...looks great but not a "clean" look.Will make your Z more "competition" looking.If you went the V route,I'd suggest a bronze or better yet,a gun metal finish.
Personally,I like the mesh type wheel on the Z.However,the spoke designs remain the most popular with owners.Do you have an issue with weight?The mesh type wheels(cheaper ones)tend to be heavier.On the finish,I like hyper-black(have it on my rims,ACE
STRADA 19'S-may want to check these out too...).However,the shade of hyper-black varies by manufacturer.My wheels are listed as hyper-black.But a very light shade.The centers do not look much different than the polished machined rims.But,I like e'm.Very resonable price and good quality too.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:07 AM
hugo350z

Lovin rep wheel ads, with authentic wheel pics
Old 12-18-2011, 06:31 AM
hellman_x

Never understood the trend of cheap wheels on a nice car.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Maxx87

No need to start for the 1000th time the rep vs authentic talk, money is hard to earn and everyone has their reasons. They got the chance to have like you say a nice car but want more than the stock look, at the same time to have mortgage or else. Whatever the reasons, let it be people.

OP to answer your question, i would go LM rep, the Varrstoen 1.1.2 are probably the best looking ones to my opinion. You have the body kit and the suspension, depending the use (touring, taking curves or simply urban driving) the size of tires will be your next question. The trend is go go stretch but if you like to take curves as much as possible with an agressive driving style, you should go with more meat. 275/35/19 or 285/35/19 for Rear and 245/35/19 or 255/35/19 for front are the way to go for touring purposes. Lower the numbers for urban driving (stretch)

Hope that helps
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM
hugo350z

Originally Posted by Maxx87
No need to start for the 1000th time the rep vs authentic talk, money is hard to earn and everyone has their reasons. They got the chance to have like you say a nice car but want more than the stock look, at the same time to have mortgage or else. Whatever the reasons, let it be people.

OP to answer your question, i would go LM rep, the Varrstoen 1.1.2 are probably the best looking ones to my opinion. You have the body kit and the suspension, depending the use (touring, taking curves or simply urban driving) the size of tires will be your next question. The trend is go go stretch but if you like to take curves as much as possible with an agressive driving style, you should go with more meat. 275/35/19 or 285/35/19 for Rear and 245/35/19 or 255/35/19 for front are the way to go for touring purposes. Lower the numbers for urban driving (stretch)

Hope that helps
I honestly agree, in the not bringing the topic up part.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Jamhour

Originally Posted by JCITY
Design is my background.IMO,if your are seeking a "clean" look,the LM 19'S in the hyper-black would be the best choice(don't like the red center cap,though).The XXR looks cheap in comparison.Varrstoen...looks great but not a "clean" look.Will make your Z more "competition" looking.If you went the V route,I'd suggest a bronze or better yet,a gun metal finish.
Personally,I like the mesh type wheel on the Z.However,the spoke designs remain the most popular with owners.Do you have an issue with weight?The mesh type wheels(cheaper ones)tend to be heavier.On the finish,I like hyper-black(have it on my rims,ACE
STRADA 19'S-may want to check these out too...).However,the shade of hyper-black varies by manufacturer.My wheels are listed as hyper-black.But a very light shade.The centers do not look much different than the polished machined rims.But,I like e'm.Very resonable price and good quality too.
Thanks for your input.. and for the weight I dont care about weight. and I want that look hahahaha. prefer clean, but whatever will make you go hahahahah Thanks bud
Old 12-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Jamhour

Originally Posted by Maxx87

Hope that helps

Exactly hahaha. and I would looking for the reps, with 9.5 F and R with Stepped Lip both front and back. I would like to be flush. but I dont care to be stretching and poking..

Originally Posted by hellman_x
Never understood the trend of cheap wheels on a nice car.
Yeah now i realize it isnt worth 3 times the price for a name brand. but maybe im dumb haha.

Originally Posted by hugo350z
Lovin rep wheel ads, with authentic wheel pics
Yeah I still have them, but Im geting ready to sell the car in a few months and still have it look very good ..
Old 12-18-2011, 10:44 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

dont buy wheels if you can't afford them...go with the XXR.

Last edited by dikspiel; 12-18-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Jamhour

Originally Posted by dikspiel
dont buy wheels if you can't afford them...go with the XXR.
i CAN afford them. but CHOOSE not too. Thanks for your opinion tho.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:00 PM
lgear080

how's about work emotion 11r's?

you get a look without buying COMPLETE ****ING GARBAGE AND
STRAPPING IT TO YOUR CAR.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 PM
hugo350z

Originally Posted by Jamhour
i CAN afford them. but CHOOSE not too. Thanks for your opinion tho.
I dont understand. So you can afford good wheels, but you choose on purpose to buy inferior ones I don't get it. If your on a budget, stick to oem, they look nice(you can powder coat them), or buy replicas if that's your thing.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

Congrats on buying James' old car. You probably got a sweet deal on it.

I call your "can afford" comment into question. You just bought a turboed 350z. Be sure to keep some money aside for maintenance and repairs. You probably saved thousands in buying used, save it.

with that said,
There are several used authentic wheel sets that are available at nice prices. Wouldn't hurt to make the investment.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM
BSERIEuS

I was in that same boat when looking to buy wheels.

In the end, do what makes you happy.

I was gonna buy some lm repals but....i never bought fake wheels for any of my cars....so why start now?

I think youll be happy spending the extra cash on a legit setup. Anyways....if u must stick with those reps I vote lm reps in hyper blck
Old 12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Of the three that you posted I would go with the TE-37 replicas

I would suggest Enkei RPF1's over any of your choices though.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Of the three that you posted I would go with the TE-37 replicas

I would suggest Enkei RPF1's over any of your choices though.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamhour
Thanks for your input.. and for the weight I dont care about weight. and I want that look hahahaha. prefer clean, but whatever will make you go hahahahah Thanks bud
this is the most retarded and fully expected thread reply i have ever read in my life.

You bought big brakes,
AND a turbo kit,
and after all that money and time...

edit: no, sounds like its second hand FI fer you .. gd luck wit dat btw)

YOU DONT CARE ABOUT WEIGHT?
Hmm.
Heres the deal, (because youre not taking the comments very well so far ive noticed.....)

We dont really give a rats @ss if the wheels are cheap. If they were cheap and good, wed all buy them and everyone would buy XXRs now.... we're all adults w payments n bills too.. are we suddenly cool because we bought Volks or something? No.. becuase no one cares. Unless they are 16 years old.

Good wheels are respected because of the value and quality without compromise to accurate performance....its the sign of a good decision.
so what makes a wheel good them.. ever wonder? Its a name brand or a sticker? Really? Seriously? Thats what were all into? Hmm.. ..

Cheap equals cast and heavy ..which is EXACTLY what affects our cars in a GIANT and NOTICEABLE way..

no one cares about your money or status of buying wheels dude.. everyone is laughing at this thread because of the layers of fail that are occuring.
Your stock wheels will perform and feel far better than XXR tank heavy wheels. leave them alone and watch those in the know salute your decision...
\I dont care about the wheels, im simply posting this so you get why ppl are clowning on you.. and it sure aint because ppl are somehow inferring that yer broke my man..

edit: just read your middle posts..

re-DONK.
Drive off nearest bridge please.
Im going to bed in a bad mood now.. haha. This thread has ruined my faith in mankind.

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-18-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

+1 on having all these preformance parts on a SPORTS car and then strapping on battleship heavy wheels. I won't get into the real vs garbage topic but RPF1's would probably be your best bet.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

unsubbing.. to avoid the imminent hate mail.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

OP what brakes are on the car?

You will need to factor in brake clearance in your choices as well.

Quick Reply: My White 350z : Te37 Reps , Bbs Lm reps, Xxr 526 ?