Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rohana Wheels and fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Kupalo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rohana Wheels and fitment

I feel in love with these rims a few years ago but with the car almost being paid off I started looking into buying them again. The seller isn't active on here and I didn't see any other Rohana accounts so I need some help.

I really want to get the RL15 in Machine or Black Matte, I found some on another site but they said they didn't fit my 2007 Z.

Can anyone help as to why they don't? I'm guessing its the offset or fitment.

07 Specs:
Front
Size: 18x8.0
Offset: +30mm
Weight: 24.4
Tire: 225/45/18
Rear
Size: 18x8.5
Offset: +33mm
Weight: 25.8
Tire: 245/45/18

EDIT: Wheelfire says they will fit perfectly, wheelplususa say's they wont.

Last edited by Kupalo; 01-29-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Landon_G03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should fit. Those are oem wheel specs so you should be good to go? But you'll need spacers for flush fitment if that is any concern
Old 01-29-2014, 10:04 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are spending the money on new wheels why not go wider than OEM?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Kupalo

I just haven't seen any wider rims that I really love like these, but you are right I thought the same thing.

Do I need spacers because of the +37 offset? What's the highest I can go without spacers? I've heard some horror stories and being a noob I don't trust myself trying to go that route.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM
07maximan

Originally Posted by Kupalo
I just haven't seen any wider rims that I really love like these, but you are right I thought the same thing.

Do I need spacers because of the +37 offset? What's the highest I can go without spacers? I've heard some horror stories and being a noob I don't trust myself trying to go that route.
Yeah you need them to push the wheel out more. If you put a 25mm spacer in there it will now be +12. Thats what I run with my spacer. However im not a fan of such big spacers. I think if you need more than 15mm you should look at different wheels.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Kupalo

I could get away with a 7mm spacer on the front and a 4mm spacer on the back right? Since OEM offset is 30/33 respectively. Since the only different is that these are 0.5 inches less wide than OEM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:52 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kupalo
I could get away with a 7mm spacer on the front and a 4mm spacer on the back right? Since OEM offset is 30/33 respectively. Since the only different is that these are 0.5 inches less wide than OEM.
If you haven't bought the wheels yet say NO to spacers and NO to those wheels and do it right the first time by buying the right size wheels. The safest sizes for the Z without modifying anything are 9.5 +22 for the front and 10.5 +22 for the rear.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 01-29-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I really don't like that design and they are most likely heavy, if you insist on running them they should work on your car they will just be very conservative in both width and offset

Can we please talk you out of this? There are so many affordable choices you could go with that will be much easier for you to fit on your car that there is no reason to settle on a wheel with such sunk offsets and questionable quality

Last edited by Waiz; 01-29-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Agreed with Waizzz. You can do so much better with quality, look, and especially fitment. What's your budget for wheels and tires?
Old 01-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Kupalo

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
If you haven't bought the wheels yet say NO to spacers and NO to those wheels and do it right the first time by buying the right size wheels. The safest sizes for the Z without modifying anything are 9.5 +22 for the front and 10.5 +22 for the rear.
This is very helpful, I'll look for rims in these sizes then because spacers do scare me.

Originally Posted by Waizzz
I really don't like that design and they are most likely heavy, if you insist on running them they should work on your car they will just be very conservative in both width and offset

Can we please talk you out of this? There are so many affordable choices you could go with that will be much easier for you to fit on your car that there is no reason to settle on a wheel with such sunk offsets and questionable quality
Yes please, link me some of your recommendations because you guys know more than I do. I was only going on the look, I didn't look into the quality yet and I knew they'd be a hard fit.

Originally Posted by dcains
Agreed with Waizzz. You can do so much better with quality, look, and especially fitment. What's your budget for wheels and tires?
I'm looking to keep the rims under $1000 but there's something I really like I might stretch to let's say... $1200.

What would you guys recommend I do with my OEM rims? Refinish them and sell or use them in the winter and throw summer tires on these?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

It's a personal choice, but it's important to get the right size, especially with regard to offsets. Look for something light (maybe 22-23 pounds is reasonable for a cast wheel), and made by a proven, known manufacturer. If you want new, replicas will be in your price range, like Enkei, Varrstoen, Rota, XXR, and they're decent quality for non-track use.

How about the Rota P45 - sort of a Rays/Nismo LMGT4 rep? When you're looking at those, they make a P45F (front) and P45R (rear), just like the Nismo wheels.

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...rs-thread.html

You could also be patient, like I was, and wait for a set of real used LMGT4's, which are at the upper end of your price range, and truly a top-end wheel.

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...ls-thread.html