Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

HELP! Mounting aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 05:45 AM
john.laninga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Mounting aftermarket wheels

I've got a roadster that came with 17" wheels. I just bought myself some slightly used Privat Fahren 18" wheel (8" front, 9" back) with BF Goodrich g-Force KD tires. These had been mounted on a base Z show car for BF Goodrich, only had 100 miles on them. Point is, they have been mounted on a Z before.

Back wheel went on fine. Front wheel... problem! There is some kind of stud sticking out of the disc hub right between and slightly higher than the wheel studs. It has a hex bolt screwed into it, looks like about a 10MM. This stud interferes with the hub on the wheel, preventing the wheel from sliding all the way on. And I'm not about to force it, either. The stock wheels has cutouts that allow the wheel to mount flush with the hub.

Now I've read that there are many wheels that don't work with Brembo, but mine didn't have Brembo brakes. Could it be that this is set up for Brembos anyway? Anyone have any ideas?

Nothing worse than looking forward to a goody and then finding out halfway that you can't complete the job... suggestions appreciated!
Old 02-14-2004, 06:05 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Just remove the stud. It is just a device to prevent putting the stock back wheels on the front. Your new wheels should work ok.

Les
Old 02-14-2004, 06:40 AM
john.laninga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that's just what it was. Once I took it off I saw that it was just a dead end bolt with a spacer. But until I has some clarification I thought it was smarter to ask than to screw something up.