Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

19 Inchers and Performance Issues. My Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004 | 04:04 AM
Thanos

DAGNABBIT!! I am running 30's not 35's in the rear. I guess I will have to live with this a while longer. At least until I wear these down enough to justify buying new tires, drifting contest anyone? Not a big deal just annoying is all. I am running Ventus K104's and let me tell you what a difference. I had stcok 17's and it felt like I was driving on ice skates compared to these.

I have plenty of stagger but thanks for the tip that search did provide lots of useful information.

Sux not so bad now.

T
Old 02-29-2004 | 02:39 PM
joust75

Originally posted by Thanos
DAGNABBIT!! I am running 30's not 35's in the rear. I guess I will have to live with this a while longer. At least until I wear these down enough to justify buying new tires, drifting contest anyone? Not a big deal just annoying is all. I am running Ventus K104's and let me tell you what a difference. I had stcok 17's and it felt like I was driving on ice skates compared to these.

I have plenty of stagger but thanks for the tip that search did provide lots of useful information.

Sux not so bad now.

T
If you had enough stagger, your VDC wouldnt be going haywire!
Your issue now is that you dont have stagger.

The key is to keep your aspect ratio the same front and back and have a 20 to 30 difference between the backs and the fronts.
Old 02-29-2004 | 03:13 PM
Thanos

TSC not VDC....I did not want VDC.

I am running 19"x9.5" in the back and 19"x8.5" in the front respectively. Rear Tires-275/30 ZR 19, Front 245/35 ZR19.

Jules, what color is that **** headliner, please say orange or purple.

Thanks for the post,

T
Old 02-29-2004 | 03:28 PM
joust75

Originally posted by Thanos
TSC not VDC....I did not want VDC.

I am running 19"x9.5" in the back and 19"x8.5" in the front respectively. Rear Tires-275/30 ZR 19, Front 245/35 ZR19.

Jules, what color is that **** headliner, please say orange or purple.

Thanks for the post,

T

The **** headliner is silver and matches my new TE37s nicely.

I see that you have the 30 series on the rear. This means that you are probably running the same overall diameter all around.

By stagger I mean that the rear overall diameter needs to be taller than the fronts.

I dont know how big of a problem this is with just TSC, but when I changed my stagger proportions my VDC was applying my brakes of its own accord and cutting the throttle. Dangerous!

I have an idea. If you bought your tires at discount and have the road hazard coverage, you can go in and claim that the stagger is unsafe that you have. They should have known and advised against this.

Either that or kick out your rear end every time you take a corner. Youlll be needing new meat in no time!!!

Old 02-29-2004 | 03:54 PM
Thanos

Oddly enough that was my plan! That is the same thing that happens when the SLIP warning light comes on. Sadly this happens on looping slow turns like exit ramps and turning donuts in my neighbors yard.

If you lift off the gas when it happens the VDC/TSC shuts off fairly quickly.

I did not buy them on/at discount but they already have a few thousand miles on them. I am in Miami if anyone wants to know where I got them pm me.

I asked because I went with the Seafoam Green to match my Brick paint job.

I will measure in the morning.

T