Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Cooper Zeon 2XS: Anyone tried them?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:19 AM
PGH350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cooper Zeon 2XS: Anyone tried them?

I've read nothing but good things about these tires, and they are priced right considering the Z's feathering problem. I'm considering buying a set. I've run Coopers in the past, and I found them to be great tires at a great price.

TireSavings.com has the 225/45R18's for $116 and the 245/45R18's for $125

Cooper Tires Zeon 2XS Specs and write-up here

There was a recall on tires made last year, but those should all be cleared out of stock by now.

Supposedly they're great handlers and do very well in the rain (something very important to me).

Just wondering if anyone has actually put on a set and tried them out on the 350z.

Last edited by PGH350z; 03-17-2004 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:53 AM
PGH350z

Default Re: Cooper Zeon 2XS: Anyone tried them?

I just ordered a set of these. I will post here when I get them all mounted and running.

I did find out they are ZR rated, and have a UTQG of 280AA A.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:00 PM
silver&black03
Banned

IMHO these tires are total she it! Traction is no way AA, they are very unpredictable. Wet weather driving is very hazerdous especially when you put about 3-4K miles on them. My old REO40's where 10 times better. I will give a quick example. There is an offramp I take on the way home from work which with my potenzas in the rain on a 70 degree day I usually take at about 80mph. Well the exit was closed for a few months (sink hole on roadway and severe damage to bridge). The exit reopened last week and on a rainy day taking the turn at only about 65mph the car went in to an all out drift and I barely prevented it from going into a wall! And by the way, nothing was done to the pavment around this turn due to the construction. the construction was nearly 1/2 mile before it. And to realy stress the non wet road handling ability about the tire, on a wet road, VDC off, I can spin the tires 1'st thru 5th gear for about a 1/4 mile. In fact I one time even spun 6th. Sorry to burst your bubble with the cheap price on these tires but trust me thay SUCK! I bought 4 Toyo's and can't be happier now.

Oh, the zeons are pretty quiet though.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:43 AM
PGH350z

Well... I have 8000 miles on these now, and I have had zero problems with them. I live in Pittsburgh, I drove the entire rainy season on these, didn't slip once (I avg. around 80mph on the highway). I thought they cut through the water at least 10x better than the stock Potenzas, and I've ridden through torrential downpours, and I'm talking 'cant even see the road because of white-out' and should've pulled over.

They did seem a little 'weird' at first. The tires flet like the wanted to 'wander' a little when I first got them put on, but that sensation seems to have gone away, either the tires 'broke in' or I'm just used to it now.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the tires. I think they look great, ride quite, handle pretty good (although not excellent).

And at 8000 miles I have no sign of feathering. I did have to replace the stock RE040s and I have never had the TSB done (still waiting for my dealership to find a rack in the area that'll accept my lowered ground clearence). This may be due to the harder compound, but the tread design seems to also be much more resistant to the feathering.

Last edited by PGH350z; 07-15-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:59 PM
barrybell

Originally posted by PGH350z
Well... I have 8000 miles on these now, and I have had zero problems with them. I live in Pittsburgh, I drove the entire rainy season on these, didn't slip once (I avg. around 80mph on the highway). I thought they cut through the water at least 10x better than the stock Potenzas, and I've ridden through torrential downpours, and I'm talking 'cant even see the road because of white-out' and should've pulled over.

They did seem a little 'weird' at first. The tires flet like the wanted to 'wander' a little when I first got them put on, but that sensation seems to have gone away, either the tires 'broke in' or I'm just used to it now.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the tires. I think they look great, ride quite, handle pretty good (although not excellent).

And at 8000 miles I have no sign of feathering. I did have to replace the stock RE040s and I have never had the TSB done (still waiting for my dealership to find a rack in the area that'll accept my lowered ground clearence). This may be due to the harder compound, but the tread design seems to also be much more resistant to the feathering.

I've agree with this assessment, mine have 7000 miles a the wear is little to none and no feathering.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
mball

Are you guys still happy with your tires? I am thinking about getting a set of these. I still have the stock Potenzas on the car. I have had other cars with high performance tires and the Potenzas are the worst I have had. I have never had tires that were louder or worse in the rain. You definitely can't beat the price of these.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
mball

bump
Old 03-11-2007, 05:30 AM
aleok

um... bump from the dead, anyone else try them?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Mkriebs

Maybe another bump from the dead?!

I would consider these if I had maybe a couple more reviews.