Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Bolt on the Wheel Hub

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Infern0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bolt on the Wheel Hub

I was gonna throw some rims that I have lying around on my car and when I took off the stock tire, there is a bolt that purtrudes off of the hub that prevents my rims from going on. The bolt pattern matches perfectly but there is no slot on my after market rims for that bolt to slide into. I called Nissan service to see if it would be alright to take that off, or to tell me what it was for at least and no one there was able to come up with anything. So does anyone on here know what the hell that thing is for? Is it safe to take off? I know there are rims out there that will fit on the Z without taking it off, so I don't know if it would be safer to get those or what. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:12 AM
NismoGCoupe

well i dont have a Z but the G has the same thing i was told it was ok to take off, so far I have had no problems, but i would like more feedback on this, whats the bolt for?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:35 AM
gmitro

Default Bolt

I believe it is to prevent someone from inadvertently attempting to rotate the wheels.

Greg
Old 04-09-2004, 10:22 AM
NismoGCoupe

Default Re: Bolt

Originally posted by gmitro
I believe it is to prevent someone from inadvertently attempting to rotate the wheels.

Greg
thats what I've heard from a few people, some stupid guy at PepBoys told me it was to hold the rotor in place, shows you how smart those guys are, and i think this guy was a manager too