Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

iForged color ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:30 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default iForged color ?

I'm in the market for wheels right now, and I am leaning towards getting a set of 20" iForged. As there aren't that many brands in 20" that I like. I really wanted a gold wheel with polished lip, and the only 20" I know of would be the Volk GT-C. But seeing as how I really don't like the GT-C that much, I might get some iForged Swifts.

Does anyone have pics of any race gold iForged wheels? I know this is a color they offer.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:56 AM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might check out the custom forged wheels offered by Boyd and sold by Discount Tire. You'll probably get a more reasonable delivery time and better quality. Search this forum and those of several other cars (Audi, BMW, etc.). iForged does not have a good rep or track record. There are some satisfied customers, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Buyer beware......
Old 04-12-2004, 09:51 AM
moog

Yeah I have read countless stories of iForged and their bad dealings, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I have a friend here who has a set of iForged 20's on his G already.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:53 AM
ZZtopp

Good luck.......you'll need it with these guys.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:04 AM
ColecatZ

I would also reccomend buying from an iforged vendor rather then dealing with iforged directly. Let the vendor leverage their "pull" (based on their product sales) with Iforged rather than a one off order, so to speak, to an individual. Plus that vendor can deal with Iforged and iforged can focus on making wheels instead of taking ordered and phone calls. Like a buffer in both directions.

I went with Avalon Racing, purely becasue of my past experiences with them and their track record in the Z community. Here is how it stands to date.

3/10 - Ordered via Telephone with Paul at Avalon Racing and I'm told approx. 5-6 weeks.
3/16 - Email from Paul satating "Please send me the shipping data for your order...we are in the early stages of the process but want to be prepared."
4/1 - Email from Paul stating "I'm told a few weeks and they are in your hands"
4/7 - Email from Paul "Talked to iForged yesterday and your wheels are very close"

So, as you can see.....I've been well informed so far and week 6 starts Wednesday the 14th. I'll et you all nknow how things go.

Also, I only went with 18's, for performance reasons, but if you want to check them out, Moog, let me know, I'm local.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:21 AM
adrianko43

Since you sound like a big baller, what about HRE's?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:25 AM
ZZtopp

Good advice above......but it sounds like IForged is giving Avalon the same kind of "string along" BS they give the rest of their customers. You might want consider a contract that stipulates a specific time limit and quality level, and if they fail to deliver on that promise, then you are guaranteed a full refund. If they refuse that, then you know what you're dealing with.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:39 AM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Good advice above......but it sounds like IForged is giving Avalon the same kind of "string along" BS they give the rest of their customers......
I don't see that it is fair to say that .......they agreed on the date of order for 5-6 weeks delivery.....and I'm still in the 5th week...or 25th business day of the order.

I don't know if your company works you 7 days and week, but I don't thinking 3.5 business weeks is an extraordinary amount of time to wait.

Like I said, I'll post my full review once the whole process is completed, but both parties are still within the agress time slots...I've been kept up to date so far and have no complaints.

I only reccomended going through a third party vendor for the above reasons. I just remembered that Iforged was doing a group buy for G35's so that would benefit, Moog, somewhat...I'd still contact Paul.....you never know.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:52 AM
moog

Yeah thanks for the advice ColecatZ, I might have to check out the wheels. I remember seeing you at Eurway a loooong time ago...heh.

Anyways, I don't see how Avalon is getting stringed along w/ BS. The 6th week is about to start, and he was notfied that the wheels were close to completion. Even special ordering Volks is a 60-90 day waiting period, so 6 weeks is not that bad. Which design did you go with btw ColecatZ?
Old 04-12-2004, 12:12 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by moog
Yeah thanks for the advice ColecatZ, I might have to check out the wheels. I remember seeing you at Eurway a loooong time ago...heh.

Anyways, I don't see how Avalon is getting stringed along w/ BS. The 6th week is about to start, and he was notfied that the wheels were close to completion. Even special ordering Volks is a 60-90 day waiting period, so 6 weeks is not that bad. Which design did you go with btw ColecatZ?
If you do some research, you'll see that iForged always says things like "We"re real close.....the wheels are at the clear coater..... not too much longer....." etc, etc. Never anything specific until six weeks turns into eight...or twelve...or more. At least you're told the waiting time up front with Volks, not told one thing to get you to buy, and then have it become another once they've got your deposit.

There are so many better ways to go, I still don' t understand why anyone would take the risk with iForged. They're really not that special and the quality is often questionable. Oh well, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Traffic

Don't you think $3000 is a little much to trust in the hands of someone that has anything less than a sterling reputation?
Old 04-12-2004, 12:40 PM
DaKine-Z-

I also would look into other companies other than iforged. Josh (jran76) and I have been having to deal with their total LACK of customer service for over two months now for a re-clearcoat job. It amazes me how these people can even stay in business with a business practice like that. I just want my wheels back so I never have to deal with them again!

On the other hand, you might get lucky and get your NEW wheels in a timely manner but pray that you don't have to deal with them after that becasue it's a total lost cause..... Just giving you a heads up man...... -Ricky-
Old 04-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Most of you are totally wrong - Our orders with them have run about 4-5 weeks and now withthe season rush about 5-6 weeks.

In the past iForged did take a lot longer than expected but they went through a huge amount of grwing pains and also tried to do all the sales themselves.

We were asked by them to handle the Nissan markets for them. So far we have done 11 sets with only one fitment issue that was not the fault of iForged.

The big change is now they are leaving the customer service to us to allow them time to work the orders. I get tracking number 3 days before shipping and all has been fine.

We get call backs from them in less than 24 hours if we need to get data.

Basically we have a grreat business relationship with them and they have grown as a company. On a side note we also have iForged on specials all the time as well as HRE.

Regards
Old 04-12-2004, 01:13 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by moog
Yeah thanks for the advice ColecatZ, I might have to check out the wheels. I remember seeing you at Eurway a loooong time ago...heh......... Which design did you go with btw ColecatZ?
Yeah, I met you at that Cartoys thing in Irving last fall too......but didn't know you were the same person that had messaged me about he the Euway sighting thing..... I finally put it all toghether a few months back..LOL

I went with the Iforged Flux in a 2 piece design with Rivets.......basically it's the 2 piece FS-6 (6 spoke), using the Flux center face and additional rivets. I asked for fender flush offsets with maximum lip......in a brushed alluminum facing with polished lips. Should look nice.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:44 PM
moog

Oh yeah I remember the Lemans Z at the Car Toys thing. Don't remember your face though...sorry. I met a lot of people that day. We'll see what other vendors & wheel manufacturers have in store. I will keep iForged in mind, as I really do like some of their designs. I am taking everyones opinion & experience in though, and I do appreciate it all. But again, we'll see what other wheels perk my interested in the next couple weeks. If I get this promotion I'm shooting for, the wheels will be ordered soon thereafter.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Update,

Josh your wheels are shipping tomorrow.

Regards
Old 04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Most of you are totally wrong - Our orders with them have run about 4-5 weeks and now withthe season rush about 5-6 weeks.

In the past iForged did take a lot longer than expected but they went through a huge amount of grwing pains and also tried to do all the sales themselves.

We were asked by them to handle the Nissan markets for them. So far we have done 11 sets with only one fitment issue that was not the fault of iForged.

The big change is now they are leaving the customer service to us to allow them time to work the orders. I get tracking number 3 days before shipping and all has been fine.

We get call backs from them in less than 24 hours if we need to get data.

Basically we have a grreat business relationship with them and they have grown as a company. On a side note we also have iForged on specials all the time as well as HRE.

Regards
Avalon, I would like to see you answer to the accusation that the quality is questionable at best. Besides the old clear coar issue, is there anything wrong with thier structural integrity?? Btw, I know the answer to the question, but others may need some clearification.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:01 PM
ZZtopp

Regardless of whether or not IForged has turned over a new leaf and are now the Saints of wheel making, their past disrespect and abhorrent treatment of their customers would preclude me from ever doing business with them. Vince is a despicable liar and a thief, and no wheel is worth putting dime in his slime filled pocket.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:11 PM
rodH

ZZ, man, I know you had some bad dealings with Vince, but man, you seem like you continue to be very very pissed, if bad customer service gets this kind of rise out of you everytime, I would sure hate to be a REAL enemy of yours
Old 04-12-2004, 08:25 PM
moog

Guys can we please not make this post another iForged bashing? I just wanted to see if anyone had pics of their race gold color. There are probably 30+ threads all w/ people's bad/good dealings w/ the company. I've read through them all, and I would just like this to stay on topic a bit. Thanks!

Quick Reply: iForged color ?