Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

TCS and 19 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:13 AM
mmagnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry you are going thru so much crap with this retailer. Worse case senario, you turn off the TC and use the tires until they ware out. They are only good for 10k miles or so. Thats what I would do.

Mark
Old 05-13-2004, 07:46 AM
Todd@ProDyno

It seems as if some cars are more sensitive than others. As much as I hate to see threads like this. I like to see that a lot of other retailers dont have a clue. Come see us..we've been doing this since 1960. Half the guys in the room I am in have been in the business at least 10-15yrs. Me, Only 4....but Im real damn good. hehe.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:58 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

I have been running 245/35/19 frt & 275/30/19 rear for quite sometime now, and I have ZERO probs as far as the system is concerned. However... I would like to point out that the Hankook Ventus K104 only dray back is "Grip under hard acceleration".

Switching back to my tried & true T1-S this Summer after i get my $ from these.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:44 AM
james007p

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
I have been running 245/35/19 frt & 275/30/19 rear for quite sometime now, and I have ZERO probs as far as the system is concerned. However... I would like to point out that the Hankook Ventus K104 only dray back is "Grip under hard acceleration".

Switching back to my tried & true T1-S this Summer after i get my $ from these.
How many miles have you put on the K104s? These tires seem to get mixed reviews.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:54 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

275/30/19 seems to be at about the limit where problems can and may occur. 285/30 is slightly larger and probably explains why I haven't had any issues yet.

But as todd mentioned, ABS could still get jacked we won't know it till we need it.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:20 AM
b3n84

I actually called up wheelstudio to place the order the other day, before I read this thread. Gabriel warned me specifically not to get the hankooks because of the VDC 245/30 issue and told me straightforwadrly that Z owners have been having problems. He may be telling me this only because now he feels the powerful pressure of the my350z community, or because, he may be a honest guy. Regardless, i empathize with your james007. Good luck with the whole process. I'm not very tire savvy either, and I was wondering if these sizes were corrrect:

2-19X8.5 AXIS HIRO ANTHRACITE
2-19X9.5 AXIS HIRO ANTHRACITE
2-245/35R19 BRIDGESTONE SO3
2-275/35R19 BRIDGESTONE SO3
Any opinions?
Old 05-16-2004, 08:41 AM
james007p

Originally posted by b3n84
I actually called up wheelstudio to place the order the other day, before I read this thread. Gabriel warned me specifically not to get the hankooks because of the VDC 245/30 issue and told me straightforwadrly that Z owners have been having problems. He may be telling me this only because now he feels the powerful pressure of the my350z community, or because, he may be a honest guy. Regardless, i empathize with your james007. Good luck with the whole process. I'm not very tire savvy either, and I was wondering if these sizes were corrrect:

Any opinions?
Honest guy? He's full of **** and positively assured me that he had sold numerous wheels with this setup and never had one problem.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:16 AM
EnthusiastZ

Originally posted by b3n84

Any opinions?
Those sizes are CORRECT. PLEASE don't purchase a wheel/tire package from WHEELSTUDIO.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:40 AM
xTTer

Default wheel studio

I got the same package you got except axis milanos.I got them from armando @ wheelstudio.This was the first time that I had ever heard of putting a lower series tire on back.But like you I called axis and they recommended wheelstudio.I was going to order from spy eng. and they also recommended the same settup.My light is also coming on @ very low speeds in first gear.I had no idea what it was from until I read this post.If wheelstudio has screwed this up then they need to fix this problem with us.I will call them tomorrow.If I find out they were at fault and gave me the wrong series they will be responsible.I have a few attorneys in my family and will have them check into the issue.But besides that ,I love the MILANOS!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails TCS and 19 inch wheels-axis-002.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 03:41 PM
james007p

Default Re: wheel studio

Originally posted by xTTer
I got the same package you got except axis milanos.I got them from armando @ wheelstudio.This was the first time that I had ever heard of putting a lower series tire on back.But like you I called axis and they recommended wheelstudio.I was going to order from spy eng. and they also recommended the same settup.My light is also coming on @ very low speeds in first gear.I had no idea what it was from until I read this post.If wheelstudio has screwed this up then they need to fix this problem with us.I will call them tomorrow.If I find out they were at fault and gave me the wrong series they will be responsible.I have a few attorneys in my family and will have them check into the issue.But besides that ,I love the MILANOS!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I have lawyers working on it right now. There is no F*ing way that ******** is gonna get away with it. He thinks I forgot about it but I'm just gathering enough stuff. I suggest you do the same and I'm glad you are considering it as well.

I know what you mean, I love the Hiros but I don't like the idea that this guy will go around selling the wrong equipment to people just because he don't probably stock the correct sizes. I kinda hold Axis responsible as well for recommending those jerkoffs.