Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

What's Up With Volk Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 01:03 PM
jak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Up With Volk Wheels?

I ordered Volks from Jason at Performance Nissan over a month ago and he gave me a delivery date of May 14th. I called Performance today and now he has changed his tune and says the END OF JUNE! AFTER I paid him in full!!! How can a dealer be six weeks off in there delivery date???

Whats up with that? Is Performance Nissan giving me the sh@t or is everyone buying Volks having this problem?

I wouldn't be so pissed if I had other wheels so I could drive my car. Right now it is on jack stands.

Who has Volks in stock and can commit to a delivery date?

Jeff
Old 05-13-2004, 01:18 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought u had HREs?
Old 05-13-2004, 01:30 PM
jimster716

Take it easy. Performance probably gets their Volks from the same distributor that everyone else gets them from. There are other things that come into consideration including container scheduling (who wants to pay for a half full container shipment) and backorders from Japan...from what I understand Rays is having a tough time meeting domestic (Japan) production schedules. I waited 3 months for my TE's last year and about as long for my Volk III's in 2000 for my TL...it's nothing new. Other people have waited up to 6-8 months for their wheels. Just be patient and everyone who's dealt with Performance knows that they aren't here to rip people off...if anything quite the opposite.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:50 PM
pac3.0

Don't sweat it, its not Performance's fault. Volk has everybody by the ***** and they really don't give a damn how long you have to wait. I waited 6 months for LM-GT4's to fit my Z32 and the manufacture date on the wheel was 3 months after I ordered them!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:52 PM
ranger5oh

There are a lot of people with Volks in stock, but you have to be more specific. I ordered my GT-Cs Tuesdayand I am supposed to get them tommorrow. Just look around, you'll find em and not have to wait.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:03 PM
jak

Originally posted by ___DJK___
I thought u had HREs?

I put a big brake kit on the car and the HREs on the rear did not fit so I ordered some Volk SF Challenge mercury silver 8.5 and 10.5s.

Wow, I had no idea people were waiting so long for Volks. I guess I haven't waited long enough yet.

It's a tough waiting since the car is on jack stands and I haven't driven it since last November. It looks like I may not even drive the car this year if it takes 6-8 months.

Jeff
Old 05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, these things happen with Volks. It's not on Performance Nissan. If anything, blame Mackin, as I suspect that's where they get them from. I waited 8 months for my 19" TE37s when they came out.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:58 PM
seanrulz

Yeah, same situation here. Ordered Gold LE37T back in January and still waiting. Supposed to be 3 month, which means it should be here by end of April, but now it's scheduled to mid-May. I definitely hope it won't be delayed anymore this time.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:02 PM
jak

With all of these people waiting I wonder why Rays doesn't step up production?

Jeff
Old 05-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Strife350z

Rays/Volk is not trying to "screw" us North American buyers, and they're by no means under-producing their wheels, but the truth is there is only one supplier for Rays wheels in the US, Mackin Industries (AFAIK), and the main reason for the long wait, even if you're just getting off the shelf offsets/sizes, is customs.

Even if you make an order for Rays wheels today, your order has to be:

1) Created by your distributor
2) Order is sent off to Mackin
3) Makin makes the order with Rays in Japan
4) Rays processes the order
5) Rays sends the wheels from their supply room (if it's in stock) to a truck to be sent off to the dock
6) Wheels sit in export customs for a few weeks
7) Wheels get on a boat destined for US
8) Boat arrives in US docks and gets unloaded
9) Wheels spend about a few more weeks in US import customs
10) Wheels clear customs and get trucked to Mackin
11) Mackin gets the wheels and sends them to your distributor 12) Your distributor receives the wheels
13) Wheels are processed by your distributor and sent off to your house
14) You receive the wheels a few days later

3 months, when you think of it that way, is pretty reasonable.

I found all of this out when I was about to order a set of Gramlights
Old 05-14-2004, 05:37 AM
Phatmitzu

Well...I ordered my Volks (not from Perf Nissan) back in october '03 and was told the wait is 3 month....I am still waiting.....

My reason was the wheels did came a little after 3 months, but the colors were off. Sent it back, another freaking 3 months wait.

Old 05-14-2004, 07:23 AM
SuperRobin

I also ordered Volks from autocarparts.com in April, they told me that they couldn't fulfill my order in the 2 weeks they quoted so didn't process my order.
I then ordered from Evolution... my initial order of 19X10.5 rears was a no go till June (at least) and Jeff offered my deposit back, or take 9.5 rears.

I'm told that they have been shipped...
Old 05-14-2004, 07:27 AM
speedform

From what I've heard a shipment of GT series wheels arrived beginning of May with the SF series shipment pushed back to mid June. I feel your pain. I ordered my SF Winnings 2.5 months ago from Revhigh. Not anyones fault but Volks.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:45 AM
JasZ

Mine are stuck in customs now. Hopfully by end of the month.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:57 AM
jak

Originally posted by speedform
From what I've heard a shipment of GT series wheels arrived beginning of May with the SF series shipment pushed back to mid June. I feel your pain. I ordered my SF Winnings 2.5 months ago from Revhigh. Not anyones fault but Volks.
Mid June to the end of June is what Jason said also at Performance Nissan for the SF Challenges I ordered. I hope they hold that date.

I came down pretty hard on Jason for not having my wheels when he promissed. Now that this seems to be a Volk issue I have to appologize to Jason if he is reading this thread.

Sorry Jason for taking it out on you.

Jeff
Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 PM
fergraz

I ordered my Volk GT-7 last month from F1 Motorsport and recived the same week. F1 is in Holliwood California and I am in Puerto Rico.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:39 PM
jak

Wow. Thats fast. I take it what you wanted was in stock? It seems anything I order is never in stock.

Jeff
Old 05-14-2004, 09:32 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

though I totally understand your complaint now. in 2 or 3 months when their on your car; youll love the exclusive nature of them. they are among some of the rarer rims you can buy, even more so in a custom finish.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:46 PM
syf0n

I just cancelled an order for Volk gunmetal LE37T. I ordered them end of March, now being told instead of one month it will be more like....3!

I had dibs on a used set, but now I think I'm going with the Axis Hiros -- gunmetal, of course.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Volks take time to get...

No more SF Challenges until mid - end of june...

I have SF Challenges in Spark and Mercury silver in stock...

as well as Gold SF Winnings and Silver & Gunmetal GTC's as well as a set of GM GT7's...

Just like all parts from japan there is never any definate delivery date...

What I told you and the other customers who have wheels on back order was "a container of wheels is expected mid may (which we got) and I knew I had a few sets of SF Challenges in there but did not know if I would have the SPECIFIC SIZE and OFFSETS you requested."

I have the SF Challenges you want but the rear wheels are not the size and offset you requested...

I ordered some LMGT4's for stock about 3 months ago... still not here...

parts imported = time... unfortunatly it is not like a K&N Filter I can go down the street and pick up...

and as stated on the phone... you are more then welcome to cancell your order... eventhough I would then be stuck with the exact wheels you ordered and most likely no one else will want...

Quick Reply: What's Up With Volk Wheels?