Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Help.. Caliper won't go back on rotor??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 03:16 PM
dskang100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help.. Caliper won't go back on rotor??

Well I was with my friend yesterday trying to put in some Hawk HPS pads... did the rear took the wheel off took the caliper off took the old pads off and put the hawk ones in place but basically the hawk HPS pads are too big?? I highly doubt it's the pad.. my friend thinks it's my brake lines that are stretched out and that's why it doesn't fit over the rotor with the Hawk Pads... anyone got any advice please? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:30 PM
J Ritt

The box for the proper HPS for the rear of the non-track 350Z should read HB370 F.559. That will tell you if you have the wrong pad. Start there. The pad should drop into the caliper with a little wiggling.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your problem. Your line should have nothing to do with your pad not fitting in the caliper.

Did you use a C Clamp to push the pistons back into the caliper before you tried installing the pads? If not, that's the problem. If the pistons are extended, they will be squeezed to close together to fit over the rotor. Do a search. Someone on this board just did a great install write up on pads that you should check out. If you still don't have an answer, let me know.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:39 PM
wren57
Banned

Yeah, I bet its the c-clamp. You need to clamp the piston to the other side of the caliper and push the piston down as the piston adapts to the thinner pads.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:40 PM
dskang100

Ohhh.. we didn't use any C clamps just our fingers, lol...
Old 07-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Tigerstylez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

open the bleeder on the caliper. Its has a rubber piece over the top of it. Remove it and gently unlock the bolt. Then use your clamp to squeeze down the inside of the brake piston. Be sure and retighten the bleeder screw, or you will have a big a@@ mess...
Old 07-23-2004, 04:28 AM
Balls

Originally posted by Tigerstylez
open the bleeder on the caliper. Its has a rubber piece over the top of it. Remove it and gently unlock the bolt. Then use your clamp to squeeze down the inside of the brake piston. Be sure and retighten the bleeder screw, or you will have a big a@@ mess...
I'd be a little worried about air bubbles or making "a bid a@@ mess" doing it that way. Just use a c-clamp. It's not that hard.

On a side note... I've done it with my bare hands before and it took for-EV-er... haha.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:30 AM
350zroadster

Originally posted by J Ritt
The box for the proper HPS for the rear of the non-track 350Z should read HB370 F.559. That will tell you if you have the wrong pad. Start there. The pad should drop into the caliper with a little wiggling.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your problem. Your line should have nothing to do with your pad not fitting in the caliper.

Did you use a C Clamp to push the pistons back into the caliper before you tried installing the pads? If not, that's the problem. If the pistons are extended, they will be squeezed to close together to fit over the rotor. Do a search. Someone on this board just did a great install write up on pads that you should check out. If you still don't have an answer, let me know.
can't.... take.... eyes.... off.... signature....

wait, what is this thread about?