Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

295 19 Rears - WOW! (Pix attached)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 03:10 PM
topdown350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 295 19 Rears - WOW! (Pix attached)

Wow... Just received my Continental ContiSportContact 2's. I hope they're going to fit! But I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a problem.. I measured 12.25" and I need 12" to clear the width in the rear. Besides, a few others are already running this tire in the rear... will post pix as soon as the wheels arrive.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:28 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Show us what you're going to mount those badboys on.

...PLEASE don't tell me you're going to try to put them on the stock tires.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:46 PM
CPT ERIC

you might need to tub it. those are wide
Old 08-09-2004, 03:47 PM
blahblahblah

boss, the tires are 19" the stock wheels are 18".......
Old 08-09-2004, 03:51 PM
djkern
Banned

i just hope you don't ever try to lower the car. you'll definitely need to roll the fenders if so.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:03 PM
topdown350z

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Show us what you're going to mount those badboys on.

...PLEASE don't tell me you're going to try to put them on the stock tires.
Balsarini Luftbahn S5 Monoblock SL... I am lowering the car as I went with a 30 profile (IMO, it fits the rim style) using the Tein Flex Coilover Kit w/EDFC. I think it'll need 1.5" - 1.8" drop in the rear to look right. Unless anyone can suggest a better coilover (daily driver).

So, I will need to roll the fenders... who does that? Body shop? Anything to be on the lookout for? I heard that it can be a messy job unless done correct.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:05 PM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting choice in wheels
Old 08-09-2004, 04:18 PM
topdown350z

Here is the only photo I have ever seen with the wheels mounted. Only difference is my Z is CS and is a roadster. I am sure these are 19" as well as Balsarini doesn't make a 20" Luftbahn for the Z. It looks that these tires are a 30 profile... I really like the fact that no one in the New England area is going to have these rims.

I also ordered the full Balsarini body kit as well as Fabulous side-skirts. We'll see in a few weeks what it looks like!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:18 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally posted by topdown350z
.. I really like the fact that no one in the New England area is going to have these rims.

Maybe there's a reason for that.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:31 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by xxlbeerZ
Maybe there's a reason for that.
i was gonna say the same thing.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Now, now. If you can't say anything nice........
Old 08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
grifferjr

Here is the only photo I have ever seen with the wheels mounted. Only difference is my Z is CS and is a roadster. I am sure these are 19" as well as Balsarini doesn't make a 20" Luftbahn for the Z. It looks that these tires are a 30 profile... I really like the fact that no one in the New England area is going to have these rims.

I also ordered the full Balsarini body kit as well as Fabulous side-skirts. We'll see in a few weeks what it looks like!
i dont know anything when it comes to the tire sizing and rolling fenders and stuff. but i do know that if we have potholes here in ohio, i can only imagine what you guys have in new england. hell i hit one the size of a small city in the kroger parking lot alone. be careful when you get these. would hate to see that much money go to waste. other than that they look about as nice as i have seen on a Z, and more power to ya for having the cajones to go for it. good luck!!
Old 08-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Daewoo

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Now, now. If you can't say anything nice........

OK DOC mumms the word!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 06:34 AM
topdown350z

he he... you guys really made my day... not a chance of another one like it!

Seriously, you're going to have to do better than that to hurt my feelings That's the beauty of customizing your vehicle anywhere in the free world... it's yours and you're not doing it for anyone but yourself. Taste being what it is, I have seen many cars on this site that are not my cup of tea. As for having the tact to resist making negative, unconstructive comments is usally a matter of maturity. But no hard feelings, that's for sure. Everyone on this board has provided so much information thus far, and that's the primary reason I am here.

Back to the original thread, the coilovers recommended by the body shop are the Tein Flex... I think they said you can drop up to 3"? Way more that needed... also, for those that are learning like I am, most body shops can do the fender rolling thingy. I'm still curious what needs to be taken into consideration when having your fenders rolled. Is it an easy process? Or one that if f*cked up can wreck your fenders...

Here another pix !!

Last edited by topdown350z; 08-10-2004 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:45 AM
djkern
Banned

Seriously, you're going to have to do better than that to hurt my feelings That's the beauty of customizing your vehicle anywhere in the free world... it's yours and you're not doing it for anyone but yourself. Taste being what it is, I have seen many cars on this site that are not my cup of tea. As for having the tact to resist making negative, unconstructive comments is usally a matter of maturity. But no hard feelings, that's for sure. Everyone on this board has provided so much information thus far, and that's the primary reason I am here.
no...not really. this is a forum. people express their opinions. we weren't doing anything to offend you...just expressing our opinions like in any other thread that asks for opinions.

take it all with a grain of salt.

and, don't worry about 19's with thin rubber in boston...i've been driving on my rims for months and haven't had a problem (but, for the most part, i avoid area that i know have crappy roads...or, i drive the SUV).

where in boston are you located??
Old 08-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks tuff...very solid if you will. When I see rims like that it brings to mind the Lambos... They have always had very bold looking wheels on their cars.

I like it, your Z will look great!!!

ps you will most likely have to roll your fenders. Especially if you drop it. Take a look at my thread "fattest tires on a 19" rim"...there is a similar setup to yours. Great shots of those tires.

Last edited by Zquicksilver; 08-10-2004 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:05 AM
topdown350z

Like I said, I have so much respect for the members here and the collective knowledge. 4 months ago I knew NOTHING compared to what I have learned thus far! I knew zilch about vehicles, maintenance, repairs, modifications, etc. and still have a long way to go...

I'm right in South Boston... I am a partner in a printing company with locations in Boston, Cleveland and Vegas so if anyone needs any full color flyers, brochures, etc. be sure to let me know!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:09 AM
djkern
Banned

I'm right in South Boston... I am a partner in a printing company with locations in Boston, Cleveland and Vegas so if anyone needs any full color flyers, brochures, etc. be sure to let me know!
cool....PM me your information. i know my company does a lot of marketing and sends out a lot of information. we could be a customer.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:10 AM
mb034729

topdown350z I think that the body kit you picked out and those whells are gonna look nasty on a roadster!!! I'm from springfield MA and I have a red roadster I unfortunatly have to sell but if I had the ability to keep it... that pic you posted would definitly have persuaded me to go with a similar if not same set up. Cant wait to see pix of your ride bro!!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:47 AM
havabooz

i used to like those wheels and i think they will look pretty good

you will prob be the only one to have them

Quick Reply: 295 19 Rears - WOW! (Pix attached)