Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

rims on an ENZO: WTF!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 04:10 AM
grifferjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rims on an ENZO: WTF!!!!

I know a little off topic but last night I saw something that almost made me puke on TV.

Probably an old episode but I was watching a show of "Rides" a specialty show that is narrated by that Jason Priestly. Here in Ohio we have Time Warner Cable and it was on the High Definition specialty channel, so i know it has to be a little old.

Anyway to get to the point the show was on aftermarket customs on cars of the "stars". They followed a couple of rides at West Coast Customs and 310 Motoring. Most of the show was the usual H2, and stuff like that. Then towards the end a car carrier comes to West Coast and drops off an Enzo. Guess the owner from Canada wanted to put rims on it. Main problem was that rims with the one lug pattern dont exist.

They took it to Giovanni (spelling?) and in my opinion they F*#*ed it up. Looked hideous. But you cant really fault Giovanni, cause how the hell can you improve what is already perfect?

Anyone else see this?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:32 AM
KShep

Yup...the guy actually owns two Enzos, and yes, the new wheels were not an improvement over the originals.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:17 AM
Hazade

Default Re: rims on an ENZO: WTF!!!!

Originally posted by grifferjr

They took it to Giovanni (spelling?) and in my opinion they F*#*ed it up. Looked hideous. But you cant really fault Giovanni, cause how the hell can you improve what is already perfect?

exactly what i was thinking... why mess with perfection
Old 10-07-2004, 07:21 AM
JimRHIT

If I recall correctly.... he was given those wheels b/c he let them show his car at SEMA. He had gunmetal wheels on one side and silver on the other.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:23 AM
grifferjr

Default Re: rims on an ENZO: WTF!!!!

here is the link to the shows site and you can click on the far right video to get a peek of what the show covered. i am at work and couldnt watch it all but i saw the enzo in the first few seconds of the clip. follow the link or cut and paste it into the address bar

http://media.tlc.discovery.com/fansi...deo/video.html
Old 10-07-2004, 10:09 AM
fasta

the idea of spending $1/2 million+ on a car and not being satisfied seems crazy!!!

anyway, here's an enzo with some sweet wheels...

http://www.streetdreams.org/photo/sh...cat/510/page/2
Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by fasta
the idea of spending $1/2 million+ on a car and not being satisfied seems crazy!!!

anyway, here's an enzo with some sweet wheels...

http://www.streetdreams.org/photo/sh...cat/510/page/2
i guess the black rims arent that bad but come on.

from what i heard ferrari only made a little over 300 of these cars. not only that but not anyone with the cash could buy them. you already had to be a previous ferrari owner, the 420 etc. (i am not good on my ferrari knowledge), and even then you had to be interviewed to be deemed worthy of owning the Enzo. Anyone who would change out the OEM anything, to me, is not worthy of owning the car. If I were Ferarri i would get a hold of the original owner and get the car back.

not only that but yeah the sticker for the car was originally $650,000. But to get one now you have to get them previously owned and word has it that they are going for 1.5 to 2 million.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:25 AM
bwzabodyn

yep, street prices are averaging $1.5 million - and I totally agree, people who do ANYTHING to an Enzo or similar vehicle should be SHOT. That is such disrespect for such a prestigious nameplate...

btw, I'm not really a fan of the Enzo - I think the F50 should have been named "Enzo"
Old 10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
JimRHIT

thats the exact car ... see black on one side and silver on the other.

why should someone be shot for customizing thier personal car?

he has the $$ to buy the car and buy the rims. it doesn't look bad (if he went w/ all black).
Old 10-07-2004, 05:44 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by JimRHIT
thats the exact car ... see black on one side and silver on the other.

why should someone be shot for customizing thier personal car?

he has the $$ to buy the car and buy the rims. it doesn't look bad (if he went w/ all black).
In theory you are right, we live in a nation of free will, even though that guy was from Canada. I am still pretty sure that they are allowed to do what they want up there, no offense to canadians, it was a joke.

point is, its all principle. if you are going to buy that kind of car. you should revel in the car itself. there is no way to improve. if you want to personalize a ferrari do it to the convertable (again i am not up on my ferrari lines), or something of a lower lineage.

to make an analogy, you dont go to a premier steakhouse, order a steak and then ask for A1 sauce, they would laugh you out of the place. It is an insult to the chef. Much like these rims are an insult to Ferrari. Nice rims, but put them on another Ferrari. Leave well enough alone.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:05 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the guy's that rich theres nothing wrong with him trying to be different from the other 300 or so lucky sunmabitches.

I'm sure theres plenty of people who say that what we do to our dime a dozen sports car is considered unecessary.

It's all in your perspective.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:36 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

its a ferrari, BBS wheels would make a little more sense.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:44 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
If the guy's that rich theres nothing wrong with him trying to be different from the other 300 or so lucky sunmabitches.

I'm sure theres plenty of people who say that what we do to our dime a dozen sports car is considered unecessary.

It's all in your perspective.
You are exactly right. Its all about ones persepective. And thats why i wanted to start this thread. To hear different opinions. Not to try and find a definitive answer, there is none.

Just to see if anyone else thought like i did. That there is a limit to when too much is too much. And on the flip side to see how many people have no problems putting aftermarket stuff on a car like this.

Either way: Good Stuff.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:06 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by grifferjr
You are exactly right. Its all about ones persepective. And thats why i wanted to start this thread. To hear different opinions. Not to try and find a definitive answer, there is none.

Just to see if anyone else thought like i did. That there is a limit to when too much is too much. And on the flip side to see how many people have no problems putting aftermarket stuff on a car like this.

Either way: Good Stuff.
With that said,

I'd shoot myself in the foot before putting those "Ride" wheels or any o'l wheel on an Enzo. I mean c'mon wtf? Some people should be screened for taste before they purchase such a limited vehicle. They're as dangerous as handguns!

If I did decide to go custom it would have to be a set that surpasses OEM wheels in looks, weight and structure. (If there are any!)

But then again the Enzo is such an impressive specimen in it's original form that it wouldn't quite look right with any other wheels (regardless of brands and build quality)
Old 10-09-2004, 04:08 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
With that said,

I'd shoot myself in the foot before putting those "Ride" wheels or any o'l wheel on an Enzo. I mean c'mon wtf? Some people should be screened for taste before they purchase such a limited vehicle. They're as dangerous as handguns!

If I did decide to go custom it would have to be a set that surpasses OEM wheels in looks, weight and structure. (If there are any!)

But then again the Enzo is such an impressive specimen in it's original form that it wouldn't quite look right with any other wheels (regardless of brands and build quality)
Well put, pretty much sums up what i think!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:01 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i cant say i dislike modded enzos because that koenig F50 was nice. but this, not nice
Old 10-12-2004, 11:19 AM
C5DEMON

I'm all about customizing.

Tint the windows. Change the interior. Twin turbo that biotch.

What ever it takes to make it different from all of those other enzos on the street (joke).

Still, if you can make your car unique from the other guy, I'm all for it. Nothings perfect. You can always go faster, brake harder, turn sharper.

I believe I read something about having to own ferraris for X amount of years to qualify, and I know I remember seeing that you had to have owned at least TWO ferraris, bought brand new, to qualify.

For the record I believe that the enzo and Saleen S7 are the most exotic cars on the road. No need to modify to stand out- that's for sure.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:31 AM
grifferjr

another good point. the enzo in and of itself is unique enough to where i do not think you should have to personalize it.

the chances of getting behind another enzo in the taco bell drive thru is pretty slim to none. know what i mean??

just being stock, there is basically no other car on the road like it.