Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sponsorship

So, here's a question... Can anyone give me any input as to how to write up a "resume" for my car? I got an email back from Ings+1 about possibly a partial sponsorship and they want pictures of the Z and a resume... I have plenty of pics, probably could take some better ones, but as far as the resume goes, I have no idea where to begin.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Whitewolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless someone has a better idea -> I would recommend checking out Turbonetics' sponsorship page on what they require. It's a rather long process but I'm sure it would satisfy whatever this potential sponsor wants.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:13 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by Whitewolf
Unless someone has a better idea -> I would recommend checking out Turbonetics' sponsorship page on what they require. It's a rather long process but I'm sure it would satisfy whatever this potential sponsor wants.
Thanks for the info, I'll check into it.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:21 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We've seen plenty of "sponsorships" here.

The kind that you pay for.
And the other kind that all you get is a discount on inflated prices.
And of course the dead-end sponsorship by one of our vendors. It goes like this: "We are looking for a 350Z for..."
6 months later there is no news from the vendor that any 350Z was "selected." Its a dead-end.
Beware.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv

And of course the dead-end sponsorship by one of our vendors. It goes like this: "We are looking for a 350Z for..."
6 months later there is no news from the vendor that any 350Z was "selected." Its a dead-end.
Beware.
This is really good advice OP.

Judging from the pics in your album, you're relatively early in your build and may be getting the "sponsorship" that David just explained.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by davidv

Beware.
Yeah, I've heard of these dead-end sponsorships before. Someone I met here on island said to contact the companies I wanted sponsorships from, directly.

So I did, and Ings wants my "resume" and said they're taking apps for partial sponsorships. Now I just gotta figure out how to write one of those lol.

Originally Posted by waizzz
This is really good advice OP.

Judging from the pics in your album, you're relatively early in your build and may be getting the "sponsorship" that David just explained.
Yeah, my Z is 3 years old, and I haven't done much to her yet. Mostly from inability to decide which direction I wanna go in. I've got some newer pics, not much different, but making a little more progress lol.

Last edited by dmroberson; 12-26-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 AM
nismo1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ings+1

whats up i am good friends with the prez of ings here in the us. idf he offered u a sponsorship thats awsome because he rarely gives them out. but just one thing DONT BACK OUT because he hates that. it dosent only make you look bad it makes him look bad so do it if you are serious. if you need anything just pm me.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by nismo1234
whats up i am good friends with the prez of ings here in the us. idf he offered u a sponsorship thats awsome because he rarely gives them out. but just one thing DONT BACK OUT because he hates that. it dosent only make you look bad it makes him look bad so do it if you are serious. if you need anything just pm me.
Thanks, Nismo.

Actually, I don't think it was the Pres of the company who emailed me. I emailed the Sales account, off of the website, and they just said they weren't doing full sponsorships, only partials, and just asked that I submit a package, for consideration.

If I could get a full sponsorship, that'd be sweet, but partials are good too. Gotta start somewhere lol.