Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltech racelogic

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:53 AM
doomsdaydonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haltech racelogic

Hi, am running a built tt setup using a haltech with 325 semi slicks on the back. Would like 2 try racelogic tc 4 traction. Want 0 to 62 in under 4 seconds and already strippin weight. Upgradin 2 345s. Anyone use the racelogic with a haltech. Any advice is appreciated. Thanx
Old 05-22-2009, 05:20 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you already implemented launch control with the aux rev limiter? That might give you what you want more than the racelogic... You can also modulate boost based on speed and wheelspin with the Haltech. XKR is the only person who I know of that has considered racelogic (or racetronic, get those 2 mixed up). You might want to PM him.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 AM
doomsdaydonkey

Hi,

I have got my car back with the racelogic in it... I must say this unit is truely amazing...!!!

I bought it from advanceme in the UK, they offered great support and provided a unit which is totally plug and play... the unit comes with a wiring harness that sits between my haltech ems and the oem one...

the guys set it up after asking me a few questions so that it is optimally preprogrammed for my current setup after it is installed...

I didn't read the manual, will get round to that but its easy to turn a dial to determine the amount of slip one desires, the unit automatically switches to wet conditions if you dial below 4% and above that its dry... I tried the unit on 10% as well as 5% and found that it is just f*in great.... I put my foot flat in first and the unit does all the work... I think my 0 to 60 time is about a second Plus faster given the fact that I am not the greatest driver... its a perfect launch every time...

the engine has a bit of a continuous stutter when the unit kicks in which sounds pretty damb nice....

Its prob one of the better spends I have done with my current power levels over 500 whp...

around corners, its scary, I have semi slick michelin pilot sport cups, 325's on the back with 265's on the front... it feels like my eyes wanna pop out my ears around the bends...

that's ma review...

cheers
DDD
Old 01-28-2010, 05:11 AM
rcdash

Can you specify the exact product? Link?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

doesnt seem to match any of Terry or Mike's experiences with racelogic

Mike seemed positive it wouldnt work with low impedance injectors. DDD, what kinda injectors are you running?

A plug and play option thats available is pretty interesting! Please post link, etc to what you have.

Ohh, and pics are always nice!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by str8dum1
doesnt seem to match any of Terry or Mike's experiences with racelogic

Mike seemed positive it wouldnt work with low impedance injectors. DDD, what kinda injectors are you running?

A plug and play option thats available is pretty interesting! Please post link, etc to what you have.

Ohh, and pics are always nice!
Something fishy here.....

Sharif and I spoke directly to Racelogic.... Also a company that is well known fo installing them on Vipers...

Racelogic said that it's NOT plug and play. When Sharif and I looked over the TC system.... It has tons of wires... I had the system for 2 weeks at FP to give Sharif time to look it over.

After you install it... It takes time to teach the system... That's not a problem ... I expected that... But the word Plug and Play cannot be used here.

I use 1200cc injectors ... Which is 2 ohms.... Racelogic told Sharif that the system will burn out if used with anything less than 6 ohms...

So it's a good TC system ... But you have to have the correct ohms... And you better know how to wire this thing up..

If you all need more info on this TC.... Google Woodhouse Viper.... They are the main installers in the US.

BTW.... Racelogic. Has one main unit... All the wiring are the same... The only difference is if you add parts to it like digital controled or display.... So I would like to know what the OP means when he says "Plug and Play".....

Last edited by XKR; 01-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 AM
rcdash

If they now provide a harness that works with the Haltech and stock ECU, then it could really be a simplified install but there's no getting around the low impedence injector limitation.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
rcdash

So I take that back!

Mike, there is a way around the impedence mismatch issue. If RaceLogic has a PNP harness, this really might just be a matter of plugging it in...

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/injdrvr/downloads.php (you will need 2 of these as each one only has 4 drivers - they will allow you to safely use low impedence injectors and retain the full benefit of low impedence injectors without risking the racelogic or fcon circuitry)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 PM
TrackPack

injector driver box's have been around forever, and the fjo is an awesome product. They are a local company so we end up using alot of there stuff here, actually there wideband is the only one id ever run on anything due to being able to run not only bosch but NTK sensors for leaded gas.

anyways with that said, I'd probably just buy this....
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=83

that way you just need one box.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 PM
doomsdaydonkey

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply... the link to the product can be found here:
http://www.advancedme.co.uk/AME/Whatsnew.html

the product does come with a plug and play application harness etc...

it does take about 5 minutes to install although ma tuner put 2 hours on the time sheet... f*er... guess he had lunch in ma car after installing the unit...

my injectors and fuel system was built in a back yard so not sure what they are... the system works by cutting fuel to each individual injector and I am presuming it sends the stuff through the stock ecu... as it plugs between the stock one and ma haltech...

Shariff can get me for any info or questions hey! no probs with sharing the info... if you guys wanna know more just contact the dude Dan...adv217779 adv217779@bq3.lcn.com or give him a call, details on the web site...

but as I said... this shyte works man!

its been raining here for a while and I pulled up to a wet strip, ma back tires were in the wet and ma front in the dry area of the road, put ma foot flat and well... the cars going forward as fast as it can and adjusts faster than I can think...

insaine stuff...
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 AM
str8dum1

awesome!!

Who ever has to wire in XKR's crazy TC system will be cussing when they see this PnP setup

Last edited by str8dum1; 01-29-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 AM
XKR

awesome!!

Who ever has to wire in XKR's crazy TC system will be cussing when they see this PnP setup
Lol.....Rich

....the other system I am going with now is far more advanced.... Have not installed it as yet.... It not only reads tire slip or wheell speed... It also reads car/ steering positioning and some other crazy stuff ....

I know the Racelogic would be an easy install for FP... But when have I ever given them something easy to do

That plug and play attatchment does not come from Racelogic and is the reason Woodhouse Viper and Racelogic does not offer or speak about it. I spoke to WHV... And they said it's a "use at your own risk item"...

I will order that attachment and send it to them and see what WHV has to say....they are the ones that would warranty the unit in the US.

Thanks for the info OP...... Lots of guys on here needs a TC.

Last edited by XKR; 01-29-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 AM
350z-900whp

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

can u post a short vid of your car with this system turn on / off to know how big of difference there is ?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:59 AM
XKR

Ok.... Got some more info.... This is not the same unit that I had.... This is something that another company came up with using the Racelogic unit.... So I guess this is why they ( Racelogic and WHV)are saying there is no PNP for their product.

350Z-900whp...... Go to the Racelogic website... Or Woodhouse Viper site.... There are videos there....

Last edited by XKR; 01-29-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM
str8dum1

its still a pricy unit no doubt, but an actual feasible TC system for us normal folk without F1 connections
Old 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM
XKR

its still a pricy unit no doubt, but an actual feasible TC system for us normal folk without F1 connections
It comes out to $1398.77 US....That's cheap Rich...It seems like a good easy fix for traction issues for those with big Powa.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
rcdash

Get some 2000 cc injector dynamics injectors and you won't need the injector driver... str8dum1, I'd recommend trying out what the Haltech has available first, of course.

Last edited by rcdash; 01-29-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:31 AM
str8dum1

ya I guess 1400$ is really just a drop in the bucket I'm sure there will be more users as it becomes more known. AutoX guys should gobble this up fast!

I have a long ways to go before I can think of a dedicated TC unit.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
rcdash

With the individual cylinder injector and timing trim tables and wheel speed set up as one of the axes, I think you can accomplish exactly what the racelogic unit does on the Haltech - progressive cylinder fuel cut based on wheel slip. I've posted this to the Haltech forums to see if there would be issues experimenting with this...
Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 AM
XKR

Ok .... Here is an email I received from the company the OP listed.... It turns out that it may not be PNP for my setup.... But Dan feels PNP or not ... It will be an easy install. My understanding is that the PNP is for close to a stock setup that has extra powa.

I did ninja edit the email from Advanced... Because some of it was directed to me. I will order this system and see what it looks like....

Hi Mike

*Thanks for your mail. *That is a great looking car you have there! *I
can see the performance must be there also with the specification!

*Yes the TC is plug and play with the G35 as long as it is 2002-2006
model. *

*Whilst the traction control cannot drive 2 ohm resistors neither can
most EMS/ECUs! *So you must either have injector resistors or a peak and
hold driver fitted (I am assuming)

*I would like to get a system on your car so would be willing to offer
you a discounted price of £*** (you won't have to pay UK tax)

*Even if it does not PNP due to either loom or injector resistors there
are still easy ways to get it installed onto your car (16 wiring
conections and its ready to go!)

*If you would like any more info *please email me at my personal work
email ************

Best regards

Dan

Quick Reply: Haltech racelogic