Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

My Experience With Ipdg

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:02 PM
1NA-PLAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Experience With Ipdg

I ordered a Top Secret front bumper and Kenstyle side skirts from IPDG, also known as 350zforums.org, with David. He told me that the parts would be ready to ship out as soon as he gets the front bumper from his other warehouse, which was a couple days. Here are the emails that have been sent to me.

Loc,

Hello sir! I am trying to go get your Front today so contact me around 5pm via email and I'll let you know if I am successful on this venture.

David

Gotta go get them monday they arrived late... like 9pm i was told!

We are hoping to ship out before weeks end... The boxes are my next issue since we picked up replicas last night

Sorry we are still finishing our move. I called the warehouse because 7 kits are shipping today. Guys are too busy to check which is which until it is all done. Your front is a special allocation so if I stop it now it will be a restock fee for both of us I will get you fixed as soon as possible please bare with me on the update in the next day

can you send me your full shipping info name/address/etc? I think they shipped in 2 boxes which means someone not me or you will be paying for that extra 100+!! please advise asap

Front- TS replica
other part?

Loc

That was a TS front and what other part?

It has since been four weeks and no parts. As you can see, the last two emails were just really unbelievable!!!! I just wanted to share my experiences with all of you so that you're aware of IPDG's service.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Annual

Wow, Im so finished with them, they were no help to me. I orderd my Greddy which was a huge mistake.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:51 PM
speedygp

Sorry to hear that, I had nothing but good luck with them!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:00 PM
amG35

Having similar problems with another part. There seems to be a trend going on here.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:02 PM
bwzabodyn

I had a great experience with Dave - but by what I've read over the past couple years is that he's pretty hit or miss... definitely has too much going on at once all the time...
Old 06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call your credit card up and cancel it. The vendor will be charged with return fee. Let them learn some lesson.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Shift_350gt

my experience with IPDG is a mix one.

he was EXTREMELY HARD (i cannot emphasize that more) to reach over the phone (heck, my buddy and i dind't reach him ONCE after we were charged on our credit card with our parts). he did however reply our emails (2-3 days to reply)

but the thing that really had me going was the fact that we agreed on $170 USD shipping to Canada (not includin custom n all that pretty boy ********) but we did agreed on the shipping. (that was 1 of the reason why i went with him instead of another canadian vendor)

So after ordering awhile ( 3 weeks or so) we did not receieve the kit nor a phone call regardin to the matter. (Mind you, my frd and i phoned them god knows how many times (a billion maybe.. and never answered, NOT ONCE).

so one day out of the blue he emailed us saying that "due to some regulation charge", the shipping is now $340 USD. When we heard that i emailed him telling him we want to cancel our order cuz that was NOT the shipping cost we agreed on and we want our credit card un-charged. But it wasn't going to happen... why you might ask..

because he SHIPPED it already with another shipping company (yes, the $340 USD one) without 1. phoning us with this new information 2. asked for US (the buyer) if we are willing to shipping with a ****ing 200% increase in shipping cost. (But i gotta say, he was nice enough to not charge the shipping cost on our card until "both side agreed on a price"

so he shipped the kit and it arrived, my frd and i told the body shop not to accept the charges b4 we can sort out this ********. (so after a few emails, we still told him we do not want the kit anymore cuz this is ridiculous and we want our money back.) he told us "if you return the kit back, i will be more than happy to return your money. BUT BUT BUT you will be charged with the $340USD shipping cost no matter what" <~ wow, that had my frd and i going and we were about to fly down there just to pay him a visit in person and maybe return his merchandise personally with something more.

But after discussing for awhile between my frd n i, we emailed him making a deal on the shipping cost. So at the end we agreed on $240 USD (a 50% increase from what we agreed on *$170USD).

So at the end (including the *** raping CDN custom charges n other pretty boy ********), it would have been wiser, A LOT WISER to go with the canadian distributor.

So it's safe to say i will never ever deal with IPDG again, why you might ask?

1. lack of ability to pick up a FREAKN phone 2. Not being updated with shipping information like a professional businesss company should 3. and 3, read the jacked up shipping price paragraph.

the FINAL MESSAGE is to all the Canadian G or Z owners out there, dont' buy stuff from IPDG (yes i know their service is horrible, but the main reason is because the shipping/CDn custom/tax will have you cryin like a baby)

instead contact Harry at www.bigwheelz.com or visit www.g35.ca (a canadian based g35/350z community) and Harry is a vendor there and i can vouche for him, he will give you the BEST deal and SERVICE (yes he will answr his phonecall or he will RETURN your message ASAP)

to show you how i am not bsing this, i have work @ 8am this morning, it's already 4am here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I wanted to finish this whole story, so everyone can experience what my buddy and i went through.

i hope this little writing i posted will help some people out with their decision to go with IPDG or 350zforums.org

Last edited by Shift_350gt; 06-21-2005 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:53 AM
FairladyZ

Nothing but bad news. He was closed once for credit card fraud; I cant believe he is still in business.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:24 AM
350Zforums
Banned

IPDG was never closed for fraud Fairlady so stop saying things you have no proof of sir.
Loc you have mail and I apologize again. The TS replica was an ESTIMATED time as I told you by phone sir so I was at the mercy of the manufacturer. I did my best to get updates but with a brand new parts and a rare one at that you will have to wait sometimes.

Asianicboi: I ate 200 of your shipping and I thought we were ok with that... I am sorry for your troubles but in the end you got great parts and the shipping I promised you sir.

We are still in business guys because we always deliver the parts. Sometimes that means delays YES but you'll never find a person on the boards who had their money taken from them and never received a part. Our lines are swamped for 10 hours a day. Dont get an answer when you call? Email us or actually leave a voice mail... someone always calls back!

David Stoner will no longer be with the company as of 7/15/05 because of his wifes health concerns and an offer to move closer to family to help him care for that problem. I cannot say the new owners info at this time but he is extremely respected in the tuning industry and can dedicate more time than david had been able to the past year.

Ryan B - IPDG sales
Old 06-21-2005, 09:58 AM
FairladyZ

Ok I apologize. I just hear the stories and it gets me going.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
350Zforums
Banned

thanks Fairlady, with fresh blood coming in and a new focused direction, I think you'll see some sweeping changes to IPDG
Old 06-21-2005, 10:46 AM
bwzabodyn

Well, Dave's wife's problems have been documented on here so I know the story - and I wish him and his family the best of luck and may God bless them in their struggles...

Good to hear some changes will be made - b/c your company has been one to get all the new products going, it was just delivering on promises that was holding the company back... good luck in the future and hopefully we won't have to see threads like this again (they are good for no one)...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Shift_350gt

Originally Posted by 350Zforums
IPDG was never closed for fraud Fairlady so stop saying things you have no proof of sir.
Loc you have mail and I apologize again. The TS replica was an ESTIMATED time as I told you by phone sir so I was at the mercy of the manufacturer. I did my best to get updates but with a brand new parts and a rare one at that you will have to wait sometimes.

Asianicboi: I ate 200 of your shipping and I thought we were ok with that... I am sorry for your troubles but in the end you got great parts and the shipping I promised you sir.

We are still in business guys because we always deliver the parts. Sometimes that means delays YES but you'll never find a person on the boards who had their money taken from them and never received a part. Our lines are swamped for 10 hours a day. Dont get an answer when you call? Email us or actually leave a voice mail... someone always calls back!

David Stoner will no longer be with the company as of 7/15/05 because of his wifes health concerns and an offer to move closer to family to help him care for that problem. I cannot say the new owners info at this time but he is extremely respected in the tuning industry and can dedicate more time than david had been able to the past year.

Ryan B - IPDG sales
you ate $200USD off shipping? (we paid $240 out of $340 ), how the hell did u eat $200?

and no i did NOT get the shipping i was promised, i was promised $170, does 240 look like 170? does it?

if not, then no i did not get the freakn shipping price i was promised by Stoner
Old 06-21-2005, 04:35 PM
1NA-PLAY

I have already done so. And he finally decided to contact me and said that it is ready to be shipped out. Only condition was that I cancel my "cancel".

Originally Posted by Bubble
call your credit card up and cancel it. The vendor will be charged with return fee. Let them learn some lesson.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:45 PM
1NA-PLAY

Ryan B - IPDG sales[/QUOTE]

I have replied to your email and still have not heard from you. Like I said, if I knew what the WHOLE STORY was, I would have been fine with the situation. But if I get run arounds and no phone calls, I won't be fine with it. I will only reverse the transaction if you comply with the conditions that I have requested.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:45 AM
SoCalTed

I looked up all the following info for Shooter82 over on G35driver.com. I think David is about to learn the same lesson that Vincent @ iForged wheels is learning

David's history is a little tainted, and although many successful business people have had less than stellar beginnings, I hate to see our folks taking it in the pocket book.

===
OK.. back in the day I used to be a skiptracer... so when i read crap like this is going on, it makes me wanna do a little digging. Seems to have the same MO over the last 4 years. He starts out with GB's and everybody loves him. Then he runs into some problems mfg fulfillment, shipping issues, or partner problems. Then all hell breaks loose and nobody gets anything and folks end up not liking him.

Dave Stoner
(See Terms of Use #4. Personal information removed)

AKA: I pdg
North Richland Hills, TX 76180

AKA: Import Performance Development Group
5900 HUDDLESTON
FORT WORTH, TX
UPHOLSTERY CUSTOM & ORIGINAL
The BBS processed one customer complaint on this company since the Bureau file opened in May 2004. It was closed more than 12 months ago. This complaint concerned Customer Service Issues. It was closed as Resolved.

AKA: Showcarparts.com
ALFRED FAUBION, PRES
MGR DAVID STONER
AUTO REPAIR & SERVICE
3501 Sycamore School Rd. #125, PMB 316
817-263-5599
FORT WORTH, TX

(NETSOL reports this website registered to "David Faubion" Guess there was a Jr/Sr. Faubion involved.) On the Eclipse forum, there was a ton of drama about the 2 Dave's. Got tired reading it, especially as what's going on now sound very familiar. Still not sure if he was taking over the company, or was letting it go?

The BBB received 7 complaints against this company during it's three year reporting period.

These complaints concerned: Customer Service Issues (6) Delivery Issues (1)
They were closed as: Resolved (6) Unresolved (1) Of the total complaints in 36 months, 0 closed in the last year.

Seems that David went thru a bit of trouble when he was taking over showcarparts.com from Faubion??? Read this --- and some more Sound a little familiar??? Going back nearly 4 years, he has a 51% rating of Bad Guy on EclipseForums

IPDG DBA: evo8.com
1-888-220-8015

(interesting.. when you do a who is, this account shows "locked" and all the contact info shows as: RegisterFly.com Risk Department Fraud Recovery Fraud@registerfly.com)

AKA www.G35garage.com <=== site suspended

Back in 2001, he had a business called:
Speed and Sound Solutions in Ft Worth located at: 7511 Grapevine hwy
Doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Anyway, I'm tired and going to bed. I'll let you all digest these links and make a decision for yourselves.

Cheers, Ted

(p.s. you won't find me buying anything from him)

Last edited by yobri; 06-23-2005 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Terms of Use violation #4. Personal information removed.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 AM
350Zforums
Banned

This will be my last formal post on the boards so bare with me I do tend to ramble:

I have been a member of this board as a vendor for Three years now. In that time many things have evolved for the 350/G35 and we have been there for them all. I have met many of you guys and girls and through happy and difficult times they have still been a great three years working for you.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer 14 months ago and it changed my life and how we live forever. The day I found out I shut my shop down and had to really focus on the import issues in life. Since I was pretty much a one man operation taking care of her meant that my IPDG companies had to suffer some. That meant a strong backlash from the public for not getting parts out on time BUT never failure to deliver.

The last year I felt like I had gotten the ship back into steady waters but my wifes condition took a turn for the worse again 4 months ago. I began looking for a replacement for me at the company so that last summers problems would not repeat themselves.

I have found such a replacement in Ryan Borderlon and Chris Cullum and they are now the proud owners of IPDG's 350zforums.org, EVO8.com, G35garage.com, 350zforums.com and many other sites that make up IPDG. They inherit my bodykit division, R&D parts and everything else that made us unique to the boards.

I chose these gentlemen because they are dedicated to one thing and one thing only: Your satisfaction on every order EVERYtime. They can work the long hours that is needed and they can field all the calls you make to us without delay. Where I couldnt be here they will, where they follow up better where I coud not and so on.

IF you have ever had a great experience with IPDG, its going to be better with these guys. IF you had a bad experience with them, show them the history and problem..they want to earn your business back AND they showed me how they'll make that worth while for you in terms of value for your dollar.

I depart the boards a little beaten down and a little upset by the actions of a few people that did some things on the personal front that will haunt me for a bit. Things said to me and my family that were unnecessary and very rude. I will remember the better times however and I look forward to seeing the evolution of this board as the years pass. I know many of you personally and to date have sent back and forth over 10,000 PM's on this board to over 1900 members!

In the end guys all you have is the love of your family when the day is done. I love my family dearly and I am doing only what is best for them. I think of many of you on this board the same exact way and my departure from the company I founded I think is the best thing. I am taking a job in the engineering field in August and with a little luck you'll all see my 350z on the boards and me chatting just as a member soon. I hope you all can forgive and forget, give the new guys a chance to shine like I know they will and most of all just be good to yourselves.

God Bless and take care,

David Stoner
former owner IPDG

Yobri thank you for the removal, I'll show you what happened later.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Dragonstyle

wow SoCalTed...nice info search....
Old 06-24-2005, 08:28 AM
1NA-PLAY

I am truly sorry for what you are going through right now, but that is no excuse for taking someone's money and not delivering the goods. You ask us to give the new guys a chance. Well, I have. But guess what? They're following in your footsteps!!! I have posted that I will reverse the cancel as well as a sent email on the 20th. Today is the 24th, and I still haven't heard from anyone. Great service !!!