Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help Having problem with VENDOR

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean
my350z.com is not obligated to provide you with any assurance that an advertiser will uphold some unspoken level of service simply because they pay to advertise here.

If you read the "Terms Of Use", it doesn't say "By using this site, you understand that my350z.com takes responsibility for the customer services provided by all advertising vendors and is obligated to ensure your happiness with each and every transaction."
Originally Posted by BigMike
my350z.com has no responsibility what-so-ever about the quality of the vendors that advertise here.
Honestly, I've been active on many forums and this would be the only one that would take this position. Most sites would stand behind their advertisers, and only accept advertising from quality vendors. While my350z is not responsible for the happiness of its members concerning transactions, permitting problematic vendors to advertise here speaks very poorly for the site. If this site is willing to take money from anyone, regardless of whether the vendor is a quality vendor, then that really is pathetic.

Note: I'm not talking about any specific vendor, this is just in general.

It's not about problems. There will be problems with orders. It's about how those problems, issues, and concerns are handled (or not handled). A vendor who can not or does not address these issues should not be permitted to advertise here. That is, if money isn't the only concern.

I go out of my way to address any problems my members have with each other or with advertisers. You'd be surprised at how quickly issues are resolved once an administrator or moderator gets involved. (By "involved" I mean sending a very short message to both parties letting them know I'm aware of the issue and need to know how it is being resolved). After that, things tend to work themselves out.

I'd rather ban advertisers, pull their ads and refund their money for that month than have a problematic vendor. But that's me and money doesn't rule my world, nor my site. Vendors who offer exceptional products and services and exceptional customer service are welcome to advertise. It's a simple policy that has worked well. Maybe it should be tried here?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:35 PM
donhuh

Originally Posted by cat2102
update?
no i sent dave eamil but no reply yet..Im just lost.. feel like i wasted my $748
Old 06-18-2005, 07:37 PM
SkyMan

You know what man, i feel for you. I sent Dave payment around the middle of march for a nismo replica. Went through a very similar situation; got my refund in the middle of May, and had to pay a 25 dollar paypal fee.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:11 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cat2102
update?
Uh oh....Claws out?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:20 PM
NOBI

this problem right here is why i buy everything locally. thank god i live in cali. i wish there was a little more honesty in the parts business, but i have found that everything is sales driven and lying comes with making a sale. believe me ive been promised rims by a major vendor on this site that has a great rep by "the end of this week" for months and months. all i can say is good luck to you, im sure you will get what you paid for its just a matter of time, even if it is a rediculous amount of time.

Last edited by NOBI; 06-19-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one thing i don't understand is that: IF you already see problem from this vendor, WHY are you still order from them? Price cheaper? most vendor in here will match price. Just the hassle and stress you have to go through is not worth it.

In the past, i ordered body twice (complete kit) and shipping was fast so don't even go to the part where the kit is big and you have to wait. That is BS.

Here is my advice when you order something. ASK them "is your distrubitor have this item in stock or not". Don't ask them "do you have it in stock" because 98% of vendor in here will not have the money to keep the inventory full.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Bubble
one thing i don't understand is that: IF you already see problem from this vendor, WHY are you still order from them? Price cheaper? most vendor in here will match price. Just the hassle and stress you have to go through is not worth it.

In the past, i ordered body twice (complete kit) and shipping was fast so don't even go to the part where the kit is big and you have to wait. That is BS.

Here is my advice when you order something. ASK them "is your distrubitor have this item in stock or not". Don't ask them "do you have it in stock" because 98% of vendor in here will not have the money to keep the inventory full.
It's great that you had fast shipment for your previous orders, but the fact that an item like a body kit is oversized IS a contributing factor. Most body kits ship via a frieght carrier (not UPS or FedEx), and as such are almost always ground-hauled, and usually through a distribution center (or two). When you add in the wait time at customs (and in this case possibly on two borders), a longer wait time can be expected. Again, I'm not defending the vendor, I think it's become clear that this one in particular may have some issues to work on, but for you to say "I got my body kits the next day, therefore, it's not possible that anyone else on the planet should expect a longer delivery time" just isn't fair or realistic.

Your point about asking a vendor if their distributor has them in stock is a good suggestion though, if a quick delivery is what you're looking for. I don't know about IPDG, but I imagine that many of the smaller vendors actually stock very little product and are reliant upon larger distributors to foot the bill for the warehouse space in which to keep product.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

but for you to say "I got my body kits the next day, therefore, it's not possible that anyone else on the planet should expect a longer delivery time" just isn't fair or realistic.
i never said that. For stuff from japan then it is acceptable to wait for a month or two. But replica stuff for example and you have to wait for more than few weeks? common man. For example, last week, i ordered Vizage bumper from Octanemotorsport on Thursday, i got the kit on Monday. The kit shipped direct out from JP USA warehouse in ontario, CA.

Bottom line here: If you see too many repeat problems with this vendor, STAY AWAY from them. If you still order from them then don't come here and complain. Peace out.

Last edited by Bubble; 06-20-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:57 AM
kcobean

Bottom line here: If you see too many repeat problems with this vendor, STAY AWAY from them. If you still order from them then don't come here and complain. Peace out.
Agreed, very agreed. It's an unfortunate fact of life that sites like this one can't have vendor feedback forums. If it did, it wouldn't have any vendors paying to advertise here. Nobody wants their dirty laundry made public in such a "small" community as this. It's a death-wish.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by kcobean
It's an unfortunate fact of life that sites like this one can't have vendor feedback forums. If it did, it wouldn't have any vendors paying to advertise here. Nobody wants their dirty laundry made public in such a "small" community as this. It's a death-wish.
this is WRONG. That mean you guys bias toward the vendor and encouge them not to improve on the service. I know that sometime, few people just want to bash out some vendors but if there are lots of complain toward one vendor with the same problem then we have a problem. As the admin/mod of this forum, you guys should talk to the vendor and tell him/her to clean up their acts. In some other forum, the admin will just kick the vendor out if they keep conducting bad business. It's understandable that you guys need money from these vendors but habor them to conduct bad business is just wrong.

Last edited by Bubble; 06-20-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:39 AM
donhuh

I agree..I should do some search of this vendor before purchase..I bought other stuff from different vendor and never had one problem.. anyway i learn my lesson.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:02 AM
DBZCat

what is the feedback system we have worth if all the bad reviews get deleted. (and not just one got deleted, erased, or locked) I remember a while back of others complaining about their negative feedback getting erased.... oh well...

not directed at you of course Kelly, I know you don't control this.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:38 AM
kcobean

this is WRONG. That mean you guys bias toward the vendor and encouge them not to improve on the service. I know that sometime, few people just want to bash out some vendors but if there are lots of complain toward one vendor with the same problem then we have a problem. As the admin/mod of this forum, you guys should talk to the vendor and tell him/her to clean up their acts. In some other forum, the admin will just kick out the vendor out if they keep conducting bad business.
Encourage them not to improve on service? You need to step back and analyze that statement. I challenge you to find a single 350z forum on the internet that is supported by and operated on advertising revenue that would take on the responsibility of being "customer service police" over the vendors. This forum is a business. It is here first and foremost to make money by providing an advertising medium to legally operating vendors while providing an information sharing service to the community. This is the largest Z forum on the net because it's been well run, it was in place at the right time, and most importantly it's FREE to you the member. To create an organized "I think this vendor sucks" section is a direct conflict of interest with that business principle...Surely you must see that. If this site were operated on funds from member subscriptions and vendors advertised for free, you would have a valid argument, but it's not, so you don't.

It's mind-boggling that you expect the owner of this forum, or any forum for that matter to shoot himself in the wallet by telling a vendor "You have too many unhappy customers, we're going to refuse your money from now on." As soon as that happens, this forum is toast because the bulk (and I mean bulk) of the members won't pay to take up the slack in advertising dollars by paying a mandatory membership fee, they'd just go elsewhere.

The fact that this thread still exists is proof that there is no "Agenda" as you call it towards the vendors. There are multiple pages here of bashing on a vendor who has payed sizeable amounts of money over the last few years for ad space, and my350z.com has allowed you to continue to do it because this IS an information sharing platform. Don't be so arrogant as to expect a special section just for this to happen. People tend to focus on the negative, so a historical account of pissed-off customers isn't going to fly here. You want to know how a vendor does business, make a post and ask, do a search, check other forums. The tools are there, it's just not going to be handed to you on a platter.

As an important side-note, the moderators of this site are in no way associated with any policies other than those centered around USER conduct, as per the Terms of Use Agreement. We are NOT involved in decisions of a business or financial nature. As I have stated MULTIPLE times before, I have had issues with vendors on this forum too, and I have just as much at stake as you do when I place an order.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

LOLZ.. if you already have a set mind like that, i rest my case.

Bottom line to ALL member in here: do more search on each vendor before you order.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
kcobean

LOLZ.. if you already have a set mind like that, i rest my case.
You act like what I've said is unreasonable? That's ok, if the advertising dollars had to feed *your* family, you'd see things differently. It's easy to be idealistic when you have nothing at stake.

Bottom line to ALL member in here: do more search on each vendor before you order.
Exactly Exactly Exactly!!! DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Nothing in the Terms of Use Agreement said that this site backed the products or services of the advertisers. This site gives vendors a channel through which they can reach out to you. It does not assume any obligation for your transactions with them...Why should it? Now as I said before, if there were a vendor that were defrauding customers, that would be different, but that's not the case here.

See my earlier analogy about the restaurant and the TV station....The TV stations don't police McDonald's, and it's not their job to go knocking on Ronalds door every time you get a cold BigMac. It's their job to provide McDonalds with a way to reach you the consumer. Your disgruntlements are not their problem unless McDonalds is acting illegally.

Anyway, this horse has stopped breathing so we should probably bury it...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:17 AM
Shift_350gt

kcobean, what did 350zforums paid you to do all this? =]
j/k but i feel the rest of your pain, i had a VERY similar situation like you guys just recently (a few weeks ago)

and what i dont' understand is the fact that if IPDG is such a honest/responsible/efficient company, why havent' they replied to this thread ONCE with some explanation?

o i know, because every negative thing said here about them is 100% true, so IPDG realized there isn't a point to replied to something that is already true and silienty agreed to all thes TRUE accusation.

I vouche for who ever said 350zforums.org is NOT professional IN ANY WAY.

They Do NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EDVER ****ING EVER answer their SHITTY little useless mfing phone

and asking them for a tracking # and expecting to have one back is just like asking a monkey to do a simple 1st grade addition and expect to be replied with the correct answer

ex:
person: "Ok monkey what's 1 + 1 (writes on the board)"
monkey: *jumps on all 4s to the board and writes down [^&%&*^()(*()^&*%R%^R&*()_&*()] and then off to scratch his ****

i hope you get your stuff man
Old 06-21-2005, 04:46 AM
TxTitan

Originally Posted by mgk65
Why is everyone always making excuses for dave?

Bad communication === bad service.
Bad service === unhappy customers.
+1 Bingo! Dave
Old 06-21-2005, 04:58 AM
rxtrom

Thanks to this thread and all the links in it, I will never buy anything from this vendor.

Also I think it is sad that the moderators on this forum deleted the negetive posts in the vendor feedback section. Did I read that correctly?

The moderators are too concerned about vender revenue on the site. They have to step back and look at the situation for a minute. If they knowingly accept money from a "poor" vendors and stand behind them because the vendor pays for advertisement, then what happens when all the members leave and spend their time at another Z forum.
My350z.com is not the only Z forum and sometimes it operates like it is.

I have seen alot of screwed up up stuff go on. From the APS banning to this kind of stuff.

Chicken... Where are you a mod at?

Quick Reply: Help Having problem with VENDOR