Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:33 PM
supchaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics

I didnt see this in the DIY section so I thought Id make a quick thread with some pics. I dont know if it changed on the 07's but the instructions werent quite complete.

Anyways, you need to remove the plastic cover underneath to get to the bolts holding the sway arm, I had to drop it out of the way to get the rear bolt out because it wasnnt clearing it.

I found it easier to just remove the entire spring assembly. When you put the new arms in you want the same amount of threads showing on each side of the turnbuckle. I used the bolt to line them up and made the new one the same length as the stock one before putting it in the car.

I used a dremel with a tungsten carbide bit and only elongated the holes toward the inside of the car, the template marks it out for elongating both sides but I didnt really see the point since the car will never be adjusted to that direction. if you have one of those snake fittings for the dremel it would be a little easier.

The picture is with it adjusted out at maximum. Alignment tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00225.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00226.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00229.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00230.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00233.jpg  

Old 01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
supchaka

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00234.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00235.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00236.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00238.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00237.jpg  

Old 01-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-diy/185737-spc-toe-bolt-install-write-up-with-pics-courtesy-of-protocav.html

same install on all 2003-2008 cars
Old 01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
citymunky

Yes, I'm going to need this some, thank for write up
Old 01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
supchaka

Well I got the car aligned, at Express Tire... twice. I went to the car wash right after leaving there and noticed the camber in the rear wasnt equal on both sides. I took it back and they tried to argue with me showing me the paperwork that I was at 1.3 neg camber on both sides. I said dude I dont care what the paper says I can see it with my eyes! I looked under the car at the cam bolt and said you have the left side at around noon and the right side around 9 o'clock. The left side should be around 3! He says he has 30 years of "doing this" and that the cam position doesnt really mean anything. So they put it back on the rack and a few minutes later ask me to come look at it. They asked how I wanted it, like they were just gonna do it as I eyeballed it. Not very comforting. So the guy starts moving the toe adjustment to bring in the camber and Im just sitting there shaking my head. They ended up setting them a little too negative, but I dont care, I'll take it somewhere else. Anyone know a good place in Socal that knows what they're doing?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by supchaka
Well I got the car aligned, at Express Tire... twice. I went to the car wash right after leaving there and noticed the camber in the rear wasnt equal on both sides. I took it back and they tried to argue with me showing me the paperwork that I was at 1.3 neg camber on both sides. I said dude I dont care what the paper says I can see it with my eyes! I looked under the car at the cam bolt and said you have the left side at around noon and the right side around 9 o'clock. The left side should be around 3! He says he has 30 years of "doing this" and that the cam position doesnt really mean anything. So they put it back on the rack and a few minutes later ask me to come look at it. They asked how I wanted it, like they were just gonna do it as I eyeballed it. Not very comforting. So the guy starts moving the toe adjustment to bring in the camber and Im just sitting there shaking my head. They ended up setting them a little too negative, but I dont care, I'll take it somewhere else. Anyone know a good place in Socal that knows what they're doing?
Check in the socal section of g35driver, one of the local members works for firestone and does excellent alignments from what I hear
Old 01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
supchaka

And heres how it's sitting now.
Attached Thumbnails SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00240.jpg   SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit Install Pics-dsc00241.jpg  
Old 01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Checkmate58

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha. Damn. The driver side looks like it has alot more camber versus the passenger side. I have the camber arms and toe kit myself. I haven't gone in for an alignment but the tires have lasted 20k miles. I adjusted the arms and the toe myself.

--Sam
Old 01-19-2008, 08:56 PM
9kFever

Do yourself a favor and call Darin at West End Alignment in Gardena. You will have to make an appointment, but the guy is second to none. Hes booked up full almost all the time.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:38 PM
rkd350z

good stuff for pretty cheap!! I love mine!!

running neg 2 front neg 2.4 in the back

Last edited by rkd350z; 01-20-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

hate to say it, but that guy was right.. the position of the cam bolt doesn't mean squat. If they have it on the rack and can show you the specs, that is what they are, regardless of your eyeball readings. Seeing them move the toe to adjust camber can also be correct depending on the situation.. ie fine tuning the setup. I have watched my car be aligned plenty of times and it is really a dance between all the parts. A tweek on the camber arms might equate to a nudge on the toe adjustment or vice versa