VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

PLEASE Read This Before Asking a Question in Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Default PLEASE Read This Before Asking a Question in Here

*EVERYTHING IN RED IS A LINK... CLICK THEM TO GET SMART*

Look noobs, before posting in here, read this first. This is all simple **** you can learn by searching, but since some of you are too ****ing lazy to do a little research on your $28k+ car, I'll hook you up.

Before you post like you got some exclusive ****ing information no one here hasn't already heard, try a 1 minute search. Example, this genius right here.

This section has NOTHING TO DO WITH DE ENGINES. That means don't do dumb shit like come in here and ask about a short block for your Anniversary Edition.

I can't believe I actually have to add this... NO, you can NOT use an intake made for the '03-'06 DE engine on the driver side intake and buy a separate intake for the passenger side. It's retarded to even think that's possible.

All '03-'06 y-pipes, y-pipe back, and true-dual exhausts WILL fit on the '07.

Suspension components are also interchangable.

Same with body kits. Lips that work on the '06 will work on the '07.

'03-'06 test pipes/HFC's will NOT work on the HR's without modification. But you don't need to do that, as there's some available already (AAM, Fast Intentions, and Berks Technology for starters... there's your test pipes, res. test pipes and HFC's)

'03-'06 headers will NOT work on the HR's unless you use test pipes/HFC's/stock cats from a DE engine. Credits go to Gooey for this info.

'03-'06 underdrive/lightweight pulleys will not work on the HR motor. Currently, Unorthodox Racing has them under developement, but they're still pretty far out. No word on any others yet.

You want an aftermarket diff? Go ahead, slap one in. Diffs made for the '03-'06's WILL fit in the HR.

No, there are NO plenum spacers yet. And NO, plenum spacers from '03-'06 Z's WILL NOT WORK.

There are no off-the-shelf turbo kits available for the HR yet. You can always get one custom made if you're that desperate. For example, Performance Factory can hook you up with a custom kit with Fcon for around $11,000 (if you really wanna go that route, give them a call). Same thing with superchargers... unless you can get one from Trial (in JDM land) or if you take a trip over the pond and get this one, which is only available in Europe right now and only 30 are being made at the moment (thanks for the info GodSendsDeath).

So far, the HKS FCON is the only readily available tuning option (have fun with that price tag though). However, Technosquare is in the process of completing their ECU reflash. Prelim results here.

Believe me when I say this... when headers, other tuning options, turbo kits, superchargers and blah blah ****ing blah are made available for the HR motors, EVERYONE will know. Until then, please shut the **** up. Go get some nitrous to hold you over (and yes, there is nitrous available for the dual intake setup).

If anyone has anything to add, please post it up.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 04-03-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 good work
Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

I mean seriously, I don't even OWN a Z and I know all about them from SEARCHING and READING. These people should be schooling ME, not the other way around.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
aarantes

People are just so lazy now a days... I dont start a new tread until I have searched as much as possible and still have a question.

I swear most of them dont even know where the search button is but they sure as hell know the new tread button is.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
CervanteZ

I concur Bboy, but what makes you think they'll find this thread and read it? We're going to have to bump it everyday in order for all the noobs learn how to use search.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:59 PM
calin
Banned

can anyone recommend a good exhaust for me?

hehe jk
Old 11-13-2007, 12:07 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I mean seriously, I don't even OWN a Z and I know all about them from SEARCHING and READING. These people should be schooling ME, not the other way around.
you use to.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:07 AM
aarantes

If they dont use the search button I dont think they will check the stickies.

I tell you what tho you can bump it up in the morning and I will bump it at night or vice versa haha.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
calin
Banned

even though i think this thread is a pretty good idea, noobs still wont read this thread OR use search...so i doubt this will do anything
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait, are you saying people start threads about topics that were already discussed? weird.

also, why doesn't someone make the 100 questions thread a 'site' sticky that appears at the top of the new threads list when someone is using 'get new posts' function?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 AM
New JerZ

here I ll respectfully add the inevitable post so that way no one else feel obligated to do so..... a hmmmm a hmmmmm... "get out of here troll, go drive your econo box". With that said and out of the way good post, these forums are useless sometimes bcause people always ask the same questions and get the same answers.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 AM
jimmyloose

Originally Posted by New JerZ
here I ll respectfully add the inevitable post so that way no one else feel obligated to do so..... a hmmmm a hmmmmm... "get out of here troll, go drive your econo box". With that said and out of the way good post, these forums are useless sometimes bcause people always ask the same questions and get the same answers.
Do you know who you're talking to? I don't think you do.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 AM
tourinz

Originally Posted by aarantes
People are just so lazy now a days... I dont start a new tread until I have searched as much as possible and still have a question.

I swear most of them dont even know where the search button is but they sure as hell know the new tread button is.

And that is one of the reasons fewer and fewer owners come to this site.... people get lazy and don't search! I hadn't used this site ina couple of years and I came back after I found out about this HR section (which is one of the few I read besides the classifieds) so someone should make this a sticky on top and the moderators should be a litle tougher on the noobs.... How about a week ban when you start a stupid or repeated thread? There are tons of useful information in here that get swamped by the stupidity of lazy people...

Last edited by tourinz; 11-13-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 AM
jdifolco

yay for a good post. STicky on the top please!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 AM
xlr8r

As a newb, though one that does not start repeated threads, I feel that one thing that will help encourage more searching is a better search function. Mainly that if you enter multiple terms it only supplies threads that contain all of the terms, not any single one of those terms. Most of my searches come back with several hundred results that I then have to wade through to find the pertinent ones because the search function.
I've already expressed this to the powers that be, but they are of course using a forum template that does not have the very useful multiple word search function that I just mentioned & paid my suggestion very little mind. They may want to consider using a forum template that has a better search function if they want to help the site be more technical oriented & not so full of fluff.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
jdifolco

Whenever I search I use boolean and it works perfect.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 AM
xlr8r

Originally Posted by jdifolco
Whenever I search I use boolean and it works perfect.
Ah, Boolean that's what I've been wanting. A newb has learned something new for the day. Maybe they should label Boolean with something that the layman, that hasn't taken Junior High math for years, will understand & thus use.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
jdifolco

try it out. make sure you search titles not posts.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Will 03-06 exhausts fit on my 07???????

I kid I kid
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Datona Jess

I believe this should be a Sticky.
Leave this up there, and the Moderators can update as things progress.

This will negate the need for most ofthe standard posts.
Vendors can alos post up when there products are available or on sale as well. This could be very useful for the 07-08 crowd.

Just my thoughts

Quick Reply: PLEASE Read This Before Asking a Question in Here