Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Questions about selling my '03 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:54 PM
dczoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about selling my '03 350z...

Sup Z'ers...

I've been the very happy owner of my 350z since its release date (yes, I was full preorder, delivered Aug 20 2002)... But unfortunately, I've come to the realization that I simply need more utility out of my sole vehicle (don't have room or insurance budget for 2 cars)... So I've got some questions about selling her:

-- Trim Level: My car is an Enthusiast (hids, lsd, tcs)... I think the original sticker was about 28-29.

-- Aftermarket parts - I've got an Injen CAI, Delphi XM, and Roja 19" rims w/ toyo proxes... + factory 17" rims too... I would like to sell the car as is, but with over $3k on the axles, am I going to be able to get even half that money back?

-- Accident: I was in a *minor* accident to the front left quarter panel, but after the nissan dealership got done with it it was over $3k of repairs. No frame damage, new headlight, new side mirror... How much does that hurt the resale value? (perfect repair --- no post-repair issues)...

-- Other damage: There's about a 3" dent by the front right wheelwell (parking lot victim) + a 10" *keying* on the right rear quarter panel. Are these worth fixing ahead of time to stop the buyer from complaining about them (subtracting from price) or leaving there?

-- Mileage: 35,500 miles right now. I assume it'll probably take me a month to sell (about 1000-2000 more miles). Is that high / low / average?

Well, any help or suggestions that y'all can give me would be great. I hate to see her go but I just need more space. I'll be back to the land of the Z as soon as I've got the room & budget.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
dczoner

Oh, I saw Tom made some comments about the '03. This car has been bulletproof. Only error whatsoever is the driver's side power window failed. Dealer fixed under warranty.

Very little window grease (hardly noticeable). No tranny or engine probs WHATSOEVER.

I think since the car was in the very first batch of '03's they built it to a slightly better tolerance.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:33 PM
bhobson333

In general, you won't get your money back out of mods. If you still have them, put the stock wheels, etc back on & sell the replacements separately. The For Sale forum here does real well.

This isn't a real good season for selling a sports car. A friend of mine Eric1h just sold his '03 350Z (replaced it with a Viper ) and didn't get near what he wanted for it. He was impatient, though. You would prob be better if you can wait until springtime.

As for damage, have Dent Wizard take a look at it. I think they'll give you an estimate free. It might be worth $100-$200 to get rid of something to complain about.

Also, don't mention the accident. If they ask, well, that's up to you. I don't like to lie. You could say something like "minor fender-bender, fixed by the dealer, see if you can find it".

Hope that helps
Old 12-28-2004, 05:19 PM
orhanz33

i was selling my 6spd enthusiast (all options -cargo net/ 25kmiles) excellent condition, asking $23k... didn't get as much interest as i though i would (autotrader), but i guess it was probably because of the timing (wintertime in north jersey)... I had a couple offers for just under $22k, but it's so hard to part w/ this car, i probably would've accepted anything over $22k, i decided on keeping it, and might try selling it again after the winter... it's real hard to let go of the car because i know i'm going to miss it once it's gone, but i need something w/ a backseat... good luck

Last edited by orhanz33; 12-28-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
tractng

dczoner,

Let me know the condition of the wheels/tires? I am interested in buying from you.

I am in the LA area.

toanntrac@yahoo.com

Tony
Old 12-29-2004, 12:52 PM
dczoner

Cool, well, thanks for the suggestions folks. Tony I responded to your PM.

It sounds like I should hold off until Springtime at least to sell. I think it would be a good idea to contact a local bodyshop and try to fix the minor blemishes too.

Thanks again.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:04 PM
MA4

keep it..isn't it almost paid off? try and get a better insurance quote...

what car are you going to get once you sell the z? did you test drive it yet? will you be satisfied?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM
dczoner

explor

I own my Z outright, the money isn't really the factor involved here, its the impracticality of it. When I first got her I didn't think I'd need to be moving people or stuff around, but as my job has progressed I find that I need more cargo room and the ability to take clients out, plus I need more room for my social life (vegas trips, camping trips, snowboarding, nights out at the bars, etc)...

I think I've pretty much decided on picking up an '03 or '04 TrailBlazer EXT (7 passenger). My hope is to sell my Z, pickup a TB, and pocket a few grand (to invest in a patent lawyer that I'm in desperate need for right now)...

I love my baby, but she's just too impractical for this stage in my life. Not to mention there's nowhere near Long Beach that I can really stretch her legs either - I have to drive at least 45 minutes to find a suitable canyon or mountain run.