Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

PROBLEMS LIST IS CRAZY or AM I ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 05:45 AM
Ray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROBLEMS LIST IS CRAZY or AM I ?????

I MUST OF GOT A RARE CAR BECAUSE I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE ANY OF THOSE PROBLEMS .Yes the lights may have fogged up a bit at first .Yes there may be a drop or two in the door channels after a major rain.Yes it doesn't ride as good as my caddy!(didn't expect that) but overall I couldn't ask for a better car for the money!Plus hats off to Nissan for a great car and great public relations including the recent package with that beautiful book and packet.I just don't know if your all being TOO PICKY my advice enjoy the car and stop looking for problems .IF YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE LIST TO SEE IF YOUR CAR HAS THOSE PROBLEMS THEN YOU DON'T HAVE THEM.Just my opinion.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:20 AM
Boomer

Default problems list

Since I gathered the info for the problems list, I would like to ask you a question. When did you receive your car? Is it a preorder or regular order? The problems list was not a scientific survey, I stated that at the end of the list. I also went through the forums and simply recorded what was being mentioned as a problem. If you don't have any of the problems, consider yourself lucky but don't try to say the list is incorrect because it is not.

I have several of the small niggling problems:

1. Window streaks;
2. Bose boomy bass;
3. Rattling in the strut brace
4. Creaking in the suspension.

Nissan has a fix for window streaks; Bose boomy bass; rattling in the rear strut brace; and, the creaking in the suspension is probably a bushing that is dry and needs to be lubricated.

Pretty mundane stuff, but irritating in a brand new car. In case you missed the narrative at the end of the problems list, it was formulated to help Nissan identify and correct problems with our cars, no matter how small. It seems to be working. I'm not saying the list was the reason Nissan has fixes for most of the problems on it, but it also put owners on alert to have their dealer check out some of the fixes that were available. Other items on the list were not as widespead. 12 owners reported only 1 problem with their cars. If your car is not a preorder, some of the running changes could have already taken place and your car was flawless. There were 142 responses from owners with problems. You are one owner with no problems. You are fortunate, but your 1 response of no problems is 1 out 143 responses and certainly doesn't negate the list or make it "Crazy". My enjoyment of the car has not been compromised by my small problems and, yes, it is a great car.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-08-2002 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:23 AM
RobJames

I agree with the thread creator. Mine is almost perfect.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:29 AM
dc350z

Cool

"I agree with the thread creator. Mine is almost perfect."

Same here.

Track
Chrome Silver
Mats, Aluminum kick plates
S03's
White Side Finisher
K&N
Earthing Kit

Shift_the Smoothness

Old 11-08-2002, 08:32 AM
RobJames

Boomer, I'm curious. What is the fix for the window streak? I use Windex, but of course I have it again after rolling the window down.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:36 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

No problems here (except Bose). Great car - great price!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:44 AM
Ray

Default mine was a preorder

Ordered march delivered in september.By the way I'M NOT TRYING TO GIVE YOU A HARD TIME about your list.I'VE had quite a few new cars as im 52 years old and maybe most of these cars are being sold to people that havent had any or many before cause of thier age.I realize that it is a mass produced product and when i compare it to other cars I have owned it's excellent .
Old 11-08-2002, 09:51 AM
dc350z

Default Very early car..

At the Group Z club meeting in August, the Z present was VIN 000360. I asked, that car was still considered a prototype with that number.

The one I got is 000436. And it's awesome.
Great fit and finish and no orange peel.

Track
Chrome Silver
Mats, Kick Plates
S03's
K&N
White Side Finisher
Earthing Kit

Shift_the Smoothness
Old 11-08-2002, 09:54 AM
bigone

Originally posted by RobJames
I agree with the thread creator. Mine is almost perfect.
Ditto.

I had the window streaks at first, but that has almost stopped completely and aside from that I have had no problems. Even my Bose system has no problems.

My car was a preorder deliver August 26th number 604.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:42 AM
k2we

I am 100% satisfied.. I now have almost 2900 miles and with the exception of the Bose problem (amp being replaced on tuesday) I am super happy with the car. The grease streak on the window is gone now.. I'm 54 and have owned many other "Z" cars.. a 1970 & 71 240Z and a 1974 260Z. And I had the chance to bring a 1969 FairLady Z back from Japan but it was right hand drive and I thought it would be too hard to drive here.. This one is by far the best. It's a real pleasure to drive..

If your considering a "Z" you can't go wrong..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY
Old 11-08-2002, 10:44 AM
raceboy
Banned

I had the tranny replaced!! But now, I am 100% satisfied.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:11 AM
Ray

Default mine is 381

wow didn't even realize my number was that low!
Old 11-08-2002, 01:15 PM
dc350z

Default I'm jealous

Earlier than mine.......hmmmm.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:45 PM
InternetABYSS

mine is perfect now...after nissan engineers tweeked it and droped in a new tranny
Old 11-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by RobJames
Boomer, I'm curious. What is the fix for the window streak? I use Windex, but of course I have it again after rolling the window down.
One member said they had to replace the window motor after several attempts to adjust it. Others have said , no problem after an adjustment. The real story is that the window motor had too much grease put in at assembly. That fits with some members' saying, after awhile the problem stopped on its own, run out of extra grease? I have it on my window right now but since I've been involved in other things I haven't cleaned it off yet but it hasn't gotten worse and I have opened and closed it many times. I suspect it probably doesn't do it on my car any more and if it were cleaned it would disappear.

So, the worst case scenario was replacing the motor that raises and lowers the window. I only saw that response on 1 post; all others were either an adjustment or went away by itself.

Boomer--not exactly a barnburner.

Last edited by Boomer; 11-08-2002 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Boomer

Default Re: mine was a preorder

Originally posted by Ray
Ordered march delivered in september.By the way I'M NOT TRYING TO GIVE YOU A HARD TIME about your list.I'VE had quite a few new cars as im 52 years old and maybe most of these cars are being sold to people that havent had any or many before cause of thier age.I realize that it is a mass produced product and when i compare it to other cars I have owned it's excellent .
Not a problem, Ray. I'm 58 and this the only car I have ever ordered sight unseen. Hell, my wife and I were looking at the very small pics on Nissan's website and she didn't like the white because she thought it looked like the trunk was open when viewed from the side, so the next car was a Brickyard and you couldn't see the taillights, so I ordered it.

I figured, I've always wanted a dark red ever since I saw Arena Red on a Porsche. I didn't even know it was metallic. When it arrived and before the PDI, I was heard to exclaim, Jesus Christ, its beautiful!! After they did the PDI, I was so pleased, I even let them keep $299 of the $399 for PDI and documents, not my usual style, but I had been waiting for 7 months and 26 days and I wasn't going to fight over $299! I love the car, it the most fun I've ever had in an automobile while I was driving.

Boomer
Old 11-08-2002, 03:36 PM
zjudge

Default I have hit 9/30 of the problems

I was so greatful for the list. I thought i was crazy until then. I have all of the following issues.

besides the big bose issue. (which was a bad part and will be replaced next week)

1, streaks on windows hasnt gone away yet

2, rattles on both sunvisors and rear vew mirror

3, standing water in door jam and trunk (sound like something sloshing when you break)

4. orange peel in paint.. (not sure what the hell this is. i am assuming its the texture of the paint and how it looks like a million little dents instead of a smooth surface)

8. rattle in door under heavy bass. (which is always thanks to bose)

10 excessive road noise. sounds like a milltion rocks hitting the car when over even the slightest loose dirt

11. fogged lights. condensation

19. nav too loud. the lowest setting is 90% of full volume. i would expect it to be a better range.

24. rear washer nosel leaks. i have NEVER used it, but i still see water mark trails from the nosel.

not a bad list really. very minor except for the water collecting in the car and the bose.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:46 PM
BillyV

I picked up my Silverstone Touring on Weds (11/6) and so far I've got no complaints. Very minor orange peel, very minor.
Vin# 6288
I think they got the bugs worked out by the time they got around to mine. But then again I've only got 70 miles on it. It's raining
out and she'll never see the rain.
Keeping my fingers crossed no problems arise...
My God what a car!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 12:59 AM
grebmohr

I plan on a couple of things when my car arrives. First, I will ground the engine correctly. Then I will dynamat the inside of the fenderwells. that should take car of the rock noise and smooth out the motor.

I am also going to use a good grade of wax in the hatch lands and door sills hopefully this will cause the water to bead the heck out of there. My stupid MINI holds water on the sills too. When I open the door after a wash and close it, foam flies everywhere on the clean car--- ARGH!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:47 PM
sage

Originally posted by grebmohr
I plan on a couple of things when my car arrives. First, I will ground the engine correctly. Then I will dynamat the inside of the fenderwells. that should take car of the rock noise and smooth out the motor.
Please let us know how that goes. Mine is still a few months away, but I'm very interested in finding out how effective the dynamat will be in deadening some of the noise coming from the fenderwells.

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS LIST IS CRAZY or AM I ?????