00' Supercharged GT or 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by xray2
1. Well, the guy is not much a of friend to your parents if he's going to shaft you on the price. I.e. overprice the stang to 16k and give your about wholesale on the Z.
It's a WIN-WIN for the dealer.
Man with friends like that.....

2. The stang interior wreaks of FORD "quality", so that's another minus.

3. There must be 400000000000 Stangs on the road.

4. If you really want straight-line, get the new 05 Stang, and get a crate engine 1-2 years down the line.
I disagree with a couple of things. First of all, the '05 Mustang GT can almost handle as well as the 350Z does on the track, no lie. And, it's almost impossible to pay less than 150k for a car and not have more than 5k people that have the exact car you have, so you never really have a 'rare' car as long as you are paying under 150k.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:26 AM
manofsteele2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue book on that car is 10.5K. And usually the dealer pays less for a car that has mods on it, cause it's harder to sell. They told me "They would have to find the right type of buyer".

Deffinetly not worth it, just think, if a stock GT with the same mileage is around 10K, do you really think it has almost 10K in mods. Even if it does, you never get back what you put into a car. Also it has a different motor in it, so when you go get parts it'll be more of a hassle and you don't know what kind of motor it is or where it came from. Could of come from a junk yard for all you know. Stay away from it, I wouldn't even test drive it if I were you. Ford=Crap.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by manofsteele2003
Ford=Crap.
I edited everything I said... You just can't convince some people. Just think about Ford or any other company you think is crap before you post a statement. Ford and others own other company's .
Old 01-17-2005, 06:19 AM
manofsteele2003

Yes I know that is why I say this. I didn't post this because I just have a general dislike for the product, I know from experience. I work for Jaguar part time and as you know Ford owns Jaguar as well as many other British car companies. And I can tell you this: since Ford took over Jaguar the quality of that car has gone down the crapper. The S-Type and especially the X-Type are the biggest pieces of garbage made, cansidering the price you pay for the car. We have X-Types in everyday for transmissions, transfer cases and engines. Mind you none of these cars usually have more than 15K miles on them. Yeah they are still under warranty but who wants to go through that hassle?

That's just extremely poor quality by any standards. I could understand if it was just the first years production, but it is ALL OF THEM. I have also had many friends that made the mistake of buying Ford and have had nothing but problems. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, but that's my experience and it will always keep me from buying a Ford.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:37 PM
tacomaboy

Originally posted by nis350ztt
I disagree with a couple of things. First of all, the '05 Mustang GT can almost handle as well as the 350Z does on the track, no lie. And, it's almost impossible to pay less than 150k for a car and not have more than 5k people that have the exact car you have, so you never really have a 'rare' car as long as you are paying under 150k.
Where did you read that the 05 GT can handle almost as well as the 350Z on the track? Any track numbers to verify this?
Old 01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
xray2

Originally posted by nis350ztt
I am not really sure why you quoted me since your follow-up has nothing to do with my statements.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:01 PM
tacomaboy

Sorry, clicked the wrong reply button hehe.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:14 PM
chachi999999999

Alright, I just came back from the test drive, and I am definately keeping the Z. Sorry for the bad information at first. My buddy was telling me all that stuff, and it seems it was bad info. I thought he was talking to my parent's friend, but he was just coming up with his own stats from from what my parent's friend told him about that was on the car. This is what the stats are exactly.

01' Mustang GT (NO WARRENTY!!!!)
Vortech supercharged V8
387hp, 401 torque to the wheels
11.8 quarter miles times
no brake or suspension work

Ok now what you have been wanting to see. What I think of it.

Handling: The handling was horrible. It was really heavy, and not nearly as nimble as the Z. Handling goes to the Z.

Brakes: Brakes sucked bad. Which is definately not good when you got a high horsepowered car. The Z will out brake that thing any day of the week.

Transmission: The transmission was very jerky. I would just regular drive it, and it would just snap violently into gear, and this is a freaken automatic. The Z is notchy, but that car was just bad.

Driving around town. The biggest surprise to me of all was how the car felt like it had little torque. The supercharger didn't seem to kick in until about 3500 rpm or so it was all motor when I was driving around. Compared to the Z, for everyday driving, I like the Z better. The Z suprisingly felt torquier when normally driving.

WOT!!!!!: This is where this car shined. I mean this thing was a rocket. I would slam into the back of the seat when I stomped it. The throttle response was surprising great. It would just snap up the rpms no problem. I would hit 110mph with ease. The backend when out when I would stomped it at about 30mph and that was with an automatic. Now for the big surprise. The car wasn't that fun though. It didn't even have my adrenelin pumping. I was just kind of like. This is cool. Maybe because it was an auto. When I drop the Z in to second or 3rd, my heart starts going nuts, my adrenelin pumps, and my hands tremble. It really gets my juices flowing. So here, the Mustang was much faster, but the Z is alot more fun.

That is my review, and I'm stickin' with the Z.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by chachi999999999
Driving around town. The biggest surprise to me of all was how the car felt like it had little torque. The supercharger didn't seem to kick in until about 3500 rpm or so it was all motor when I was driving around. Compared to the Z, for everyday driving, I like the Z better. The Z suprisingly felt torquier when normally driving. [/B]
The Vortech supercharger is a centrefugial supercharger IIRC, in that it works like a turbo. It actually lags until the higher RPM's.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by manofsteele2003
Yes I know that is why I say this. I didn't post this because I just have a general dislike for the product, I know from experience. I work for Jaguar part time and as you know Ford owns Jaguar as well as many other British car companies. And I can tell you this: since Ford took over Jaguar the quality of that car has gone down the crapper. The S-Type and especially the X-Type are the biggest pieces of garbage made, cansidering the price you pay for the car. We have X-Types in everyday for transmissions, transfer cases and engines. Mind you none of these cars usually have more than 15K miles on them. Yeah they are still under warranty but who wants to go through that hassle?

That's just extremely poor quality by any standards. I could understand if it was just the first years production, but it is ALL OF THEM. I have also had many friends that made the mistake of buying Ford and have had nothing but problems. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, but that's my experience and it will always keep me from buying a Ford.
Ford also owns the safest car company in the world.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:06 AM
manofsteele2003

That may be, but it doesn't mean they have the best reliability and quality out of all the car makers.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:54 AM
bhk1004

I have a question.... why is it that a mustang with only 400rwhp and sub400 torque, get into 11'z yet all the Z's that we have cant get into 11'z without rebuilt engine?
Old 01-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Risk

Originally posted by bhk1004
I have a question.... why is it that a mustang with only 400rwhp and sub400 torque, get into 11'z yet all the Z's that we have cant get into 11'z without rebuilt engine?
Because it doesnt run 11s......I dont buy it anyway. Twin Turbo porches run 12s with the same hp, have more gears than an AT stang and are a LOT lighter. Maybe there was a gale force tailwind the day the guy brought it to the track.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:11 PM
bhk1004

okay, just making sure ^_^