Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bra for 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:46 AM
oscarlavista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry bra for 350

Hello fellow 350z enthusiasts. I have a particular problem i need some help with. I have a nissan bra that i am catching hell trying to put it on. Does anyone have any suggestions to make my application successful? I have spent up to 2 hrs trying to get that bra on with no luck. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Leslie

Default Re: bra for 350

Originally posted by oscarlavista
Hello fellow 350z enthusiasts. I have a particular problem i need some help with. I have a nissan bra that i am catching hell trying to put it on. Does anyone have any suggestions to make my application successful? I have spent up to 2 hrs trying to get that bra on with no luck. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
I take it that its the black kind right? Well anyway if its new, spread out in the sun for a couple of hours, when you warm it, it loosens the bra up so you can put it on. Be careful, if its not properly stretched it could break.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Leslie; 01-18-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
desiZ

had the same problem... do what leslie says... i did the same... kept it in the sun for an hour or more... was't that hard.. and once it got on the first time, it fits easy on your next removal..
Old 01-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a ***** of a time with my colgen bra. I have a tought time closeing my hood. Really have to drop it in order to close it. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:18 PM
oscarlavista

Default Re: Re: bra for 350

Originally posted by Leslie
I take it that its the black kind right? Well anyway if its new, spread out in the sun for a couple of hours, when you warm it, it loosens the bra up so you can put it on. Be careful, if its not properly stretched it could break.

Hope that helps.
hey leslie thanks for the info. Hope i can get mine on soon.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:37 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trick is you have to warm it up put it out in the sun. Keep on stretching it. Its difficult at first. But once you get it on its easy the next time.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM
rickyj59

I'd take it back and get a refund. If you follow the threads on the site, this black bra is not reccommended for a number of reasons. Check out the 3m clear bra and luminar. More money, but better look and protection.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Kruzr

I just got a Colgen bra and see that it will take quite a bit of "stretching." I am also wondering about how to bend the hooks for the wheel well. The instructions seem to say that with the inner liner of the wheel well being flush, I need to bend in L shapes. The hooks came out of the box in the U shape. Do I need to straighten them?
Also, does anyone have a Colgen bra on a Z with a Billlet grill?

Yeah, I know, clearbra is the way to go but at less than 20% of the price of the clearbra, this will have to do for now.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:43 AM
bkbrod

I've got the Nissan Black Bra and it was a little hard to put on the first time, but it got easier. I only put it on for long road trips. Yes they are alot cheaper and if you are carefull they will not harm the finish.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Kruzr
I just got a Colgen bra and see that it will take quite a bit of "stretching." I am also wondering about how to bend the hooks for the wheel well. The instructions seem to say that with the inner liner of the wheel well being flush, I need to bend in L shapes. The hooks came out of the box in the U shape. Do I need to straighten them?
Also, does anyone have a Colgen bra on a Z with a Billlet grill?

Yeah, I know, clearbra is the way to go but at less than 20% of the price of the clearbra, this will have to do for now.
I too have a Colgen bra and was wondering about the clips for the wheel wells. I kept looking for a attach point but have yet to find one. There is a screw under the wheel well I assume it attaches somehow to there. Any problems closeing your hood?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:11 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For you guys up north - - when I lived in Ohio and needed to install a new bra on one of my cars and there was no sunshine to be found - - I put the shoe rack into the clothes dryer, folded the bra up so it would stay on the rack without hitting the drum and turn up the heat (cotton setting) - - that works pretty good - - good luck - - and don't buy the "get the clear bra" or you'll be sorry story - - I've used my oem bra on my Z from day one, I actually have 3 now that I rotate on and off the car pretty regularly, if you use them wisely your Z nose will look great, mine does - -
Old 01-20-2005, 07:54 AM
txsunset

I have the Nissan bra and it only takes 5 mins. to install or remove. I also had the problem with the hood not wanting to lock down. I loosened the 3 bolts on the hood latch and moved it up about 1/4 inch and all is fine.