Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Punk kids in my autotech class

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 08:01 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punk kids in my autotech class

There's all these kids in my autotech class hating on Japanese cars. One time when I was talking about the 350, like 3 of them were like, 350z is slow. The Infiniti G35 is better. Then they started saying how ugly it is and this one kid was like, my dad's M3 could beat it. And they're all muscle car fans and hate japanese cars. I was bout to stick em in the face.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:09 AM
thawk408

Dude, dont let it bother you so much that you want to punch them in the face. They are just dumb uneducated kids that are very closed minded. Show him the Motortrend magazine where the 350z beats the e46 M3 around the track. Also, it is not all about speed, there is something called a class factor. I find the 350z more classy then most American sports cars.

Last edited by thawk408; 03-16-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 AM
350fanatic

i hate talkin to ignorant people/kids, it irritates the hell outta me..

its like talkin to a wall
Old 03-16-2005, 08:37 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Japanese cars have the best build & reliability ratings in the world...........and have had for years.

Ignor stupidy.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

You should tell them how the BMW is not an American Muscle Car! LOL
Old 03-16-2005, 08:45 AM
amallari

Like some of you said "There just kids!" That's why there still in school - to learn
Old 03-16-2005, 09:13 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I know you are a future owner.

I've taken just about everyone I work with, live next to, am related to, and even interested (good looking) strangers, for a ride.

I include a quick 0 - 60 run, some quick stops, and if there is a convenient industrial park nearby, a 180 or 360.

They are all TOTALLY amazed. It is fun to hear them still talking about it months later.

That being said, don't be the dumb-a$$ I was when I was younger. I lost my license from being an idiot. This is a very powerfull car. Be very, very carefull.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Lerxst

When punks start talk'n ignorant smack... I just point and laugh... cuz that's all the time I'm willing to waste on them.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Destiny350Z

D@mn punks.. they just open their mouths because then know they can get a rise out of you!! Point and laugh is a good idea but point and laugh as you're Killin' dat @zz is even better!! For all of you that didn't get the last statement, here is the translation: Race them and point and laugh as you zoom by!!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
NoahzBurnt

man,
they don't have one and you like it, hwnce why u own or plan to own one.....
People hate on me all the time asking if I like my dad's car(being i'm 25 and look like i'm 2)

I don't get deffensive....that's all they want.....i just point to the honda they're in and say "at least it shows my dad went to college" or "better than your sister's piece of SHI_T"

And for the record I pay and have paid for the whole thing myself...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people can knock whatever stock car, but when you get into modding - especially some of the capabilities the Z has with FI, they should just STFU.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Kray Z

American sports cars? Where i havent seen any. The corvette the viper mustang. Yeah ok maybe a couple but where are they all i see is cheap crap like the new GTO or its brother the one from chevy which is a step above the cavalier. I'm sorry but they have a lot of catching up to do before there is a sports car from the ol USA. Muscle cars are cool but aren't near the package of a true sports car.

Im blowing off some steam as you can see. I'm sorry but after working on US cars you know why the forgien are better you do minor repairs most of the time. The biggest thing is the engineering everything is time stamped in the US of when it breaks or wears out. The foregin cars seem to be built without time stamping in mind.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
hypeiv

i used to hate cars i couldn't afford too
Old 03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
BigMoeTaki42

You should just ask them what they drive. I'm sure that'll shut em up quick, and if it doesn't then ask for a race.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
JonsilvZ

Its not only kids who are ignorant. I dont like people who are jealous and make a stupid remark. Like the first couple of months of owning the Z. This guy stops me in traffic and says "there is a TT Z coming out next yr". What an idiot. Yeah I had numerous positive and negative comments about my Z.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

What do most of them drive?

Just agree with them and play dumb so they'll STFU. You get on with your life knowing you have a gem.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:50 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Letting a bunch of other people's personal preferences and beliefs in a car get under your skin is a waste of your time. Does their opinion really matter? Just let it go.

You should realize that the Z is NOT the fastest car on the road, nor is it the lightest or best handling. I work with a guy who always brags that his stripped out VW rabbit that he uses for autocross can beat my Z and he's probably right. But as a car guy, I just enjoy the discussion and realize that no matter what he says, he still sees the Z as a beautiful sports car. If he didn't, he wouldn't spend so much time harping on me about it.

The best way to play the game is to not play the game, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
FairladyZ

jealous kids I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:23 AM
sokudo9l6

Originally Posted by kcobean
Letting a bunch of other people's personal preferences and beliefs in a car get under your skin is a waste of your time. Does their opinion really matter? Just let it go.

You should realize that the Z is NOT the fastest car on the road, nor is it the lightest or best handling. I work with a guy who always brags that his stripped out VW rabbit that he uses for autocross can beat my Z and he's probably right. But as a car guy, I just enjoy the discussion and realize that no matter what he says, he still sees the Z as a beautiful sports car. If he didn't, he wouldn't spend so much time harping on me about it.

The best way to play the game is to not play the game, if you know what I mean.
i know what you mean about VW guys...my friend has a GLI jetta so i meet up with some of his forum buddies sometimes. Everytime i see them, the majority of those guys will go on and on about their cars. Even if they told me something before they will talk about it again. I don't want to be rude but sometime i feel like saying STFU.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:09 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

It all started when I walked in class. And like, there're all these kids in class and we see our teacher's monte carlo which they all drool on. He has modified it a lot and it packs 450 hp+, Ill give you that. But like then I told them I'm getting a Z this december and am saving up for it. Then they started sayign, man I don't like that car, it's got a big butt, this monte carlo would burn it, my dad's M3 would kill it, the Infiniti G35 is way better, (they'r all american muscle retards, think american muscle is god). And that just ticket me off , I mean, to say the Z is an ugly car? that's like a sin. I have a friend who makes fun of the Z all the time saying its so ugly, it's got a big A_S_S and all that and keeps saying the RSX-S or G35 would kill it and are way better. I mean it's these type of things that just tick me off.

Quick Reply: Punk kids in my autotech class