Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what you can't see under the hood can still beat you be careful

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 10:21 PM
BRICKS Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy what you can't see under the hood can still beat you be careful

as depressing as this is to admit yes i finally lost a race...
i also think i was set up...
i'm at work and my buddy mike says theres a mechanic with a talon that wants to race you in back. should have stopped right there when he said mechanic..right..i said ok and looked at the car nothin special actually the car itself looks like it wasn't taken care of had alot of miles on it yes it was an allwheeldrive with a turbo.. stock should have been no problem until he pulled away in first like i was standing still. the 1st run i did everything i could do wrong spun the tires hit into the rev limiter and missed 2nd gear it was ugly sorry guys. i did make it respectable on the second run and took off perfectly and hit all my shifts on the money..but still lost by a half a car length. note it was only a little longer than a 1/8 of a mile but damn does that car grab off the line i think in the 1/4 mile plus i would have taken him.. by the way turned out the car was a 92 talon awd with 20 pounds of boost and some other **** done don't quite now what he was not volunteering info
moral to the story theres always a faster car be careful out there
sidenote:confusious say if it look to good to be true it i is watch out for shitboxes

BRICKS Z

Last edited by BRICKS Z; 11-16-2002 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:59 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

somebody lied, tricked you or something, cause a AWD talon with 20lbs of boost is lookin at 12s atleast, maybe 11s if tuned right. obviously nothing a Z could hope to even stay with.

I think maybe it was stock and he just lied, perhaps to your friend as well.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:21 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

That's the same as a G1 Eclipse, isn't it? If so, they were the fastest Eclipses, even if not the nicest to look at, but I don't think they can take a 350Z without some pretty extensive modifications. I could easily be wrong, but I think they were a couple seconds behind the Z in 0-60.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:36 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This belongs in off-topic, but sorry you lost out. It was definitely NOT stock, so your friend pretty much set you up. You could take a little comfort in the fact that there was fully a 50% chance he could've broken his differential or chewed up a gear while racing you. 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen boosted Eclipses are notorious for eating up their drivetrain.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:09 AM
sschmuve

I am a former owner of a 92 Talon TSI. You lost to a car with about $1200 in mods. I had ordered a 300 hp kit for $600. It came with a cheap dynomax exhaust (looked worse than stock), boost gauge, fuel pump, KN filter and manual boost controller ( a cheap air regulator valve for people that don't know). Then I had an aftermarket clutch installed for $600. I suprised a lot of germans on the autobahn with that baby.

But I expect to get beat by a lot of boy racers in their cheap, cheaply modable cars such as:
Eclipses
Talons
WRXs
And then the new WRX STIs, the Mitsu Evolution and sorry to say............The Neon SRT with minor mods.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:27 AM
^Tyr

ya you just gotta remember thers more to a car than straight line numbers.. personaly the fun doesnt start till the road isnt straight
Old 11-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Zmeflyby

talon with 20 lbs of boost??
damn that thing should be in the 12s easily in a 1/4.
i mean its Awd and its extremely light.
theres no shame in losing to a 12 sec car.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:02 AM
sschmuve

Originally posted by ^Tyr
ya you just gotta remember thers more to a car than straight line numbers.. personaly the fun doesnt start till the road isnt straight
I agree; But out here in Chicago, the roads are all straight and boring. Potential handling gets no respect. It's all about acceleration. It's muscle car heaven.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:21 AM
Radian

Default Re: what you can't see under the hood can still beat you be careful

Originally posted by BRICKS Z
as depressing as this is to admit yes i finally lost a race...
i also think i was set up...
i'm at work and my buddy mike says theres a mechanic with a talon that wants to race you in back. should have stopped right there when he said mechanic..right..i said ok and looked at the car nothin special actually the car itself looks like it wasn't taken care of had alot of miles on it yes it was an allwheeldrive with a turbo.. stock should have been no problem until he pulled away in first like i was standing still. the 1st run i did everything i could do wrong spun the tires hit into the rev limiter and missed 2nd gear it was ugly sorry guys. i did make it respectable on the second run and took off perfectly and hit all my shifts on the money..but still lost by a half a car length. note it was only a little longer than a 1/8 of a mile but damn does that car grab off the line i think in the 1/4 mile plus i would have taken him.. by the way turned out the car was a 92 talon awd with 20 pounds of boost and some other **** done don't quite now what he was not volunteering info
moral to the story theres always a faster car be careful out there
sidenote:confusious say if it look to good to be true it i is watch out for shitboxes

BRICKS Z

Hey BRICKS Z,

I'm the guy who came by to see your stereo installation and took you for a ride in my 95 talon racecar.
Do you want revenge on your buddy?

Let me know and we'll set HIM up with a race against me. Tell him I just got my 350Z and I want to race him... Of course don't let him know that I'll be bringing "my other car...."
Old 11-17-2002, 10:00 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Yeah, note that I said "extensive" not "expensive." Hehe.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:35 AM
^Tyr

sschmuve: i feel ya, indiana sucks too.. even down south i cant find anything that qualifies as a windy road .. or enjoyable for that matter

which is why once my z gets broken in i';m goin on a roady to tennesee / virginia and carolina's area hopefully find something in that area that'll remeind me why i want this car
Old 11-17-2002, 03:07 PM
BRICKS Z

Talking THANKS

THANKS GUYS I FEEL SOMEWHAT BETTER NOW

RADIAN YEAH I THINK I'LL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT

CALL ME AT WORK SOON PLEASE I LOVE REVENGE......