Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Which Z coupe model is best for racing etc?

Old 04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
16YOWithA350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
I don`t think my Z is greater than any other Z. Why I don`t like you:
1) look at your sn, you`re just asking to get flamed.
2) nawzzz exhaust? WTF n00b, enough said.
3) you show no respect to anyone, you can referr to your first post in the thread about the washed redline Z with pics
4) you talked **** about that guy`s car, saying it was slow and that your Z would "smoke" it just because you`re getting a little intake.

you say it`s people like me that have degraded my350z members? Newsflash buddy, I`ve been here longer than you. It`s people like YOU, who make this place seem like ****. People come here and see immature, ricer a$$holes like you and stereotype the forum as full of noobs, just because you`ve won the award for #1 n00b of the century.

You say I`M gullible? What was I gullible towards? Who`s the one looking for a NAWZZZ exhaust? Yeah, that`s what I thought.

PS a55hole, you`re sitting there saying you`ll race for slips. I honestly don`t even think you have a Z, or a license, or even a permit for that matter. Have your ***** even dropped yet? Doubtful. Come back in a couple years
Wow! You seriously can't read or anything? Do you know what sarcasm is? You're one of the few people that has actually thought the username was real. If you couldn't see how fake the name "16YOwitha350z" is, I feel bad for you. I've been here for over 2 years and I've seen A LOT of threads on "daddy didn't pay for my car," "JWT or K&N," "Which exhaust has most gains," "Kinetix Cracked AGAIN!." This whole thing is a joke making fun of the nonstop threads that are reposts. Even after you read this, you'll still have the same midnset, sad really.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Skrill

The best Z for tracking is the Performance Nissan race car.

The 6 speed will be faster than the 5MT on any track.

The Brembros do not stop from a cold 60-0 distance than the non-Brembros. Braking distance is a function of vehicle weight and tire grip.

However, the Brembros (or another BBK -- I bought Stoptechs) are necessary for track purposes as the non-Brembro will fade to oblivion on the track (the 16 year old idiot was right in that respect -- the BBK advantage is heat/fade resistance).

While the stock Brembros may be heavier than regular brakes -- this is because of the heavy rotor used. Replace the stock rotor with the Stoptech direct replacements and you will cut unsprung weight dramatically (this is because of the aluminum hat and 2-piece design of the Stoptech rotor).

I made a track car by taking the Enthusiast model (I wanted Xenons, Cruise, Homelink and VLSD -- at least until I do the Nismo) -- adding SSR Comps with massive tires (265/35 front - 295/35 rear), Stoptechs, and 350Evo Sways. Since then I have also added a Koyo Radiator, Nismo P/S cooler and Nissan Motorsport Oil Cooler -- the track temps at my local Socal tracks get very excessive -- you will overheat the stock radiator if you run your hard.

There is no real need to a lot of power adders until you can take the Z to its absolute limit. Even then you will get better times by putting on R-comp tires versus stuff like intake and exhaust.

Here is my writeup on my track makeover stage one:

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/97150-the-diy-track-model-stoptechs-installed.html

Good luck and have fun.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Sensation350Z

wow, all 16 of your posts have been 100% n00b and annoying. You actually do sound like a little ricer punk.

If you really are joking, then my hat goes off to you, very nice impersonation. And sorry for the flames I suppose, considering it seems as thought I`ve been flaming a personality that doesn`t exist.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
16YOWithA350z

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
wow, all 16 of your posts have been 100% n00b and annoying. You actually do sound like a little ricer punk.

If you really are joking, then my hat goes off to you, very nice impersonation. And sorry for the flames I suppose, considering it seems as thought I`ve been flaming a personality that doesn`t exist.
It was hard trying to get the grammar to sound like a 16 year old. If you really knew me, I'm anti-ricer. And since I can't say this on my other my350z username, LAMBO DOORS ARE GAY! thanks.

Edit: I almost forgot, thankyou, goodnight, and don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartenders. I'm out.

Last edited by 16YOWithA350z; 04-11-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by 16YOWithA350z
It was hard trying to get the grammar to sound like a 16 year old. If you really knew me, I'm anti-ricer. And since I can't say this on my other my350z username, LAMBO DOORS ARE GAY! thanks.
rofl. Well I have to admit, I`m relieved that this was all a joke. I probably should have picked it up. bah oh well, i`m goin to bed
Old 04-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he was talking about what model is the best in stock form?

If we are talking modding...it would be an enthusiast.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
dan-14

Originally Posted by 16YOWithA350z
P.P.S. I will race for pink slips once I get my floor panel fixed and Vortech intake, haha.
haha,sensation, i was surprised you didn't get it after this one

back on topic, i think it's hard to say which is better for the track without seeing the new 300hp track on a dyno, but don't forget it has a higher redline too which can help alot.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by dan-14
haha,sensation, i was surprised you didn't get it after this one

back on topic, i think it's hard to say which is better for the track without seeing the new 300hp track on a dyno, but don't forget it has a higher redline too which can help alot.
meh.. yeah now I feel like an idiot =P

anyway, back on topic.. IMO the 05 track is best for the track since it has the engine upgrade and brembo brakes.. and hey, it`s not called track for nothing.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Zzz...Zzz

if anybody is interested, BMI (best motoring int') has one "Z face off" includes stock Z, tuners Z (Mine's, Amuse, Boss) and also one auto Z with 490hps in the DVD. Inside the DVD you will also get some deeper explainations regarding the design and why some electronic devices are being put in the Z as well. In Japan's aftermarket now, the most arguement regarding the Z is actually about the VDC, which kinda bothers those pro drivers in the DVD who would rather have full control of their car (Z's TCS can be turned off) Back to the original post, get whatever model you want but leave the VDC in the Dealer lot might be a great idea....
Old 04-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan on racing my Z and chose the Track because it has everything I want (LSD, Brembo's, lightweight rims) and I don't plan on modding it heavily for awhile. It'll definitely see auto-x's and track sessions.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need big brakes for the track. stock brakes fade at higher rate on the track.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:39 AM
nightfire

I would plan on modding my decently (LSD, TT or supercharger, big break kit, etc..) So if all that stuff didn't matter what would it come down to as far as just VDC and traction control? I'm still a little confused on exactly what VDC does for the car but it sounds like it's just another thing which will take away from the driver controling the car, which doesn't sound like it would be the best for the track.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:33 AM
nicolaycastro

VDC can't be completly turned off, TCS CAN be complitly turned off. I think is good to have TCS available when street driving.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Zzz...Zzz

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
VDC can't be completly turned off, TCS CAN be complitly turned off. I think is good to have TCS available when street driving.
+1

VDC can't be turned off in "stock trim."
Old 04-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it was the other way around. VDC would be turned off w/ the push of the button, but some of the TCS fuctions still remained.

As for what VDC does, it simply detects the car going into a spin and cuts throttle and applies brake to the corner that needs it to straighten the car out. Useful on the road in bad weather but useless on the track.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:40 PM
JLiz_F22c

Hi, im new to the forum and this is my first post but i was wondering why the performance version of the Z wasn't brought up. I really don't know much about the Z so my opinion probably wouldn't matter but i was just curious. I am also planning on getting a Z in the next month or so and am really appreciating your inputs. Thanks.

-Jay
Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the new 05 engine in the track model is the only really compelling reason to get the track model over the base and modding it

I would have gotten a base model, but ended up finding a killer deal on a slightly used 03 track model with 1468 miles on it.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Huckingfellers

Originally Posted by Zzz...Zzz
+1

VDC can't be turned off in "stock trim."
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but by clicking the switch I can completely turn off my VDC in my 04 Touring Coupe. I have done repeated dounuts in my car and drift at a few different places around where I live and it has never pulled power from me or apply the brakes for me at any time. With it on it's a different story. Point is; you can completely turn off the VDC.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:54 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are into moding your car, than get the basest trim you can. The VDC might not react very well to a new suspension, funky brake balance and different wheel stagger. Plus, you can't put an after-market LSD on a VDC equiped car.

If you just want a nice car and take it to the track on the week-ends, get a Track model. I track my '05 and it's great. A set of race pads for these event and off I go. Full warranty, no hassle, i love it
Old 04-13-2005, 05:21 AM
del105
15 f125

VDC and TCS can both be completely turned off by pressing their buttons.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Z coupe model is best for racing etc?