Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z comes in so many great colors!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^I would've gotten BY if it was still available.

I was, like you, stuck with several options. I didn't want silver, see too many of them on the road. I'm not a fan of red and black is too much work to clean. That left me with Daytona Blue, Lemans Sunset, and the Pikes Peak White.

I decided only when I had looked through the Z threads in the pics forum. After looking through all the PPW pics, I fell in love. I just loved the way it looked. But like said, its a matter of personal preference. Go to a dealer or two and see the colors in the sun yourself if you can.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Jrb300z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is for LS, here's a link to a pic of my z,

https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....chmentid=48545

I think LS looks awsome in the evening!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:28 PM
1nate7

Check out some pictures by JimH:

I helped my brother detail his DB Z and it didn't seem like it would hide anything. Swirles, scratches, water spots are all very visible but I'm used to Silverstone that hides everything. I'm not saying to avoid DB, but just keep in mind that its not a easy maintenance color IMO. Good luck with your decision, I am a big fan of both colors.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 AM
MikeNT256

Man, those are beautiful pictures!

Well I seen a Chrome Silver Z at Denny's the other night and I started to contemplate a CS now. Even though I already have a silver car now, everyones saying get something different!

Problem is, I got majorly screwed in the corporate world. I was getting a huge promotion that was going to help pay for the car. Unfortunately, they did everything azz-backwards on me, and didn't run my motor vehicle background check till the end, where they discovered I was only 20! They then declined me for the offer they verbally gave me for the job saying I didn't qualify. Here's the **** kicker, I turn 21 in 7 weeks! And they still won't offer me the job staying in-house at Headquarters and just let me train! I officially got owned, but hopefully I get my second chance. I was really close to gettin the Z too damnit.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
liquidsilver350

Does anyone know of a sight where i can find out how many cars were sold in the 2004 model year and what colors?.....would love to fin dout how many liquid silver z's are out there, ive only seen one mine!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by zland
Whatever color you get, get a clear bra right away to aviod the chips that will happen right away and bum you out.

+1..........
Old 05-02-2005, 07:01 PM
burntZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the lemans sunset ( as that was the car from GT2 !)
and it was the original prototype Z color - also like the UY and the DB is an excellent deep color

but here's the '06 pink ... everyone will want one
Attached Thumbnails Z comes in so many great colors!-zsidesmall2.jpg   Z comes in so many great colors!-pinkz.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Risk

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
This is making it very difficult. I thought I had narrowed it down to only 2 choices of Daytona Blue or LeMans Sunset. A friend of mine had a 04 Daytona Blue at one point, so I didn't necessarily want another blue one, so I figured "hey, orange is different, i've never been able to say I owned a orange car" but i'm not necessarily finding too many great pictures of the Z in sunlight. Most of them are darker, or seem sorta dull, not necessarily showing the metallic shine I seen when I looked at one in person.

I already own a silver car, so I don't necessarily want another one, but one color I must say I was impressed with was Liquid Aluminum, but unfortunately that doesn't look like any option anymore.

So here's the question. What color for the Z is the most picture friendly (day/night) and easiest to clean?

Pikes Peak White - definately have considered..nervous about showing dirty-ness or rock chips too easily
Daytona Blue - definately a possibility, love the blue
LeMans Sunset - the potential to be beautiful in the sunlight, but I haven't seen many pictures from owners that have impressed me.

So, of these colors, what experiences have you had (positive/negative) for cleaning and overall care? I searched on this one as well and found the old "Z-Coupe..post your car" threads but didn't find much personal feedback on the color, other than the fact they're all simply gorgeous lol.

Here are some pics of my LS

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/113049-pics-of-my-new-setup.html
Old 05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
MikeNT256

Beautiful car Risk!! Man that is hot!! I'm torn, once again lol
Old 05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Risk

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Beautiful car Risk!! Man that is hot!! I'm torn, once again lol
Thanks

To address some of your other questions about the color...
First off, let me say that MY choice was also between DB and LS. I went to a lot where they had 2 of each and ended up with the LS because it was the only one with a 6 speed. After purchasing it, I came to know the "nice car" looks from just about every guy that I passed (Im not kidding either...EVERY ONE!!). I then relized that the LS is one of the so called bastard child colors. The only color that you will see less of is a brickyard (redline is pretty seldom seen as well). LS is very easy to take care of, dirt doesnt show that easily on it. The color actually does appear lighter in noontime sunlight, almost creamy. In the afternoon it looks like a deep tangerine orange, and it looks coppery gold at night. I have come to love the LS and most of the compliments I get on the car (even though it is obviously modded) are still on the color.

Last edited by Risk; 05-02-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:28 AM
kpiskin

I wanted twighlight blue but that's only offered on the G35C.