Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got the dealership to fix it today

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:53 PM
pyindeem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the dealership to fix it today

I bought z last week, it comes with front bumper holes for license plate. So I took the license plate holder off & found two holes + 2 screws scratches + 2 inches scuffs mark behind it. (well).. took it back talk to the salesman--finance magr--service manager--back @ finance manager-- back @ service supervisor, they said "It's state law that you ve to have the plate in the front, so we can't fix it. . So I mentioned "the Survey" (Thanks to this board and search function )that they're gonna hear from me if they don't get this **** done TODAY. So....long story short... got my car back with clean bumper (no holes) = I won.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
crazygideon

LOL

Dealer = ownT!!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:42 PM
FLZ_Boy

Amazing, someone used a search button first and replied with a success story. We should make this a sticky.

(Yes, I'm guilty at times in asking before searching. I have an excuase though, I'm lazy. ).
Old 04-28-2005, 05:43 PM
ZBoater

Congrats. Its sad that thats the relationship the dealer chose to have with you AFTER the sale. Do you take it for service there? Is the service guy good to you?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
pyindeem

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Congrats. Its sad that thats the relationship the dealer chose to have with you AFTER the sale. Do you take it for service there? Is the service guy good to you?
Well,the service guy's nature is that if it's not CP (customer pay), then it's less money. That's why they gave me a run around and I am sure it's gonna happen almost everywhere...unfortunatly.
But to answer your question, I ll go back there to get my free gas when I turn in the survey, and 1 free oil change, hopefully I wouldn't have to go back there for any other reasons.
Oh, this dealership only use Unlead 87 , 89 octane only,, they don't have 93 octane fuel... I just found this out from the dude who drove the courtesy vehicle. hmm.. and the Z suppose to use Premium Fuel only.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:52 AM
ZBoater

Man, run then. Its too bad your dealer doesnt get it. My dealer (Autoway Nissan of Clearwater, Florida) is AWESOME. The service guy is great, they did all the installs for the intake, headers, exhaust, suspension, flywheel, and even the powdercoated calipers. I am also having him do the oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic and he does an alignment check on every service for free. That is why I've spent a pretty penny with him on installs. He took me back there to see everything, introduced me to the mechanic (the same guy he gets to do all the work on my car), I mean, I really like going there. The only gripe I have is that their parts department is not very competitive selling NISMO parts. All of my NISMO stuff I've gotten from the Internet, and if his parts department sold it just a little bit higher (like 10% or something) I would gladly pay it, but its like 30-40% more!!!! So he has no problem me bringing the parts to him and him installing them for me.

They just dont get it. Me, I plan to take my Z there for EVERYTHING, and my next car I am buying from them. And if you think about it, they didnt lose anything by treating me right - on the contrary, they've made more money!!!! Some other dealers are just clueless...
Old 04-29-2005, 05:09 AM
kewlii

Man, run then. Its too bad your dealer doesnt get it. My dealer (Autoway Nissan of Clearwater, Florida) is AWESOME.
They just dont get it. Me, I plan to take my Z there for EVERYTHING, and my next car I am buying from them. And if you think about it, they didnt lose anything by treating me right - on the contrary, they've made more money!!!! Some other dealers are just clueless...
Yeah, Autoway Nissan of clearwater is badarse, when i took my car there for a free tank of gas, they didn't have the 93 octane, so the service guy took me out to the regular gas station for a free tank. sweet.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:19 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see why the dealer should have been required to fix it, but thats just me.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:31 AM
ZBoater

Originally Posted by King Tut
I don't see why the dealer should have been required to fix it, but thats just me.
So its unreasonable to expect a new car without scuff marks on it?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 AM
rxtrom

Its funny you found that survey thread. I remember posting in there about trying to get a free Nismo wing from the dealer i bought my Z from. I said i was going to use the survey as leverage b/c of my bad experience with them. I never called the dealer. I filled the survey out today online. I filled it out honestly and accurate. Marlborough Nissan of Mass is going to get their a** handed to them by Nissan Motor Corp. LOL IT felt soo good.

P.S. sorry to thread jack.

I am glad you got your bumper fixed. Seems the stories I hear about that survey are pretty good.

You can tell the Sales Dept to go screw themselves and they will say "FU"

You can tell the Sales Dept to go screw themselves..SURVEY...and they will say "Yes, Sir!"

Last edited by rxtrom; 04-29-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
King Tut

So its unreasonable to expect a new car without scuff marks on it?
When they were put there by the front license plate holder required by law in the state, then yes. Its obvious the scratches and scuffs came from the plate holder which he drove around with for a week. If he had said he didn't want the front license plate the day he bought it and discovered the scratches that day, then he could have refused the car. If he lived in Florida, then I would say it is unreasonable, but he lives in Texas where it is the law. Remember I try and look at both sides, and I can see how a dealership would deny being responsible for fixing it just like I said.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
CelticPride2

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Its funny you found that survey thread. I remember posting in there about trying to get a free Nismo wing from the dealer i bought my Z from. I said i was going to use the survey as leverage b/c of my bad experience with them. I never called the dealer. I filled the survey out today online. I filled it out honestly and accurate. Marlborough Nissan of Mass is going to get their a** handed to them by Nissan Motor Corp. LOL IT felt soo good.
Good job, man....Marlborough Nissan is the absolute worst Nissan Dealer in Massachusetts. They wouldn't negotiate with me for anything under MSRP, and they wanted me to cough up a $500 deposit before they would even look for a Z that had all the options I wanted. I asked them why, and they told me they weren't going to go to the trouble of bringing one in for me if i wasn't going to buy it. At that point, I walked...just because they go on a computer an look for one doesn't obligat them to truck it in! (morons...)

(sorry about hijacking...I just get so fired up when people rant about Marlborough Nissan that I can't help it )
Old 04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
ZBoater

When they were put there by the front license plate holder required by law in the state, then yes. Its obvious the scratches and scuffs came from the plate holder which he drove around with for a week. If he had said he didn't want the front license plate the day he bought it and discovered the scratches that day, then he could have refused the car. If he lived in Florida, then I would say it is unreasonable, but he lives in Texas where it is the law. Remember I try and look at both sides, and I can see how a dealership would deny being responsible for fixing it just like I said.
I see your point. I went back and re-read the post and now it dawned on me its Texas, and its required to have a front plate. Being from Florida we're spoiled. So it begs the question - if he got the bumper back fixed (no holes), then were does the license plate go? Or does he ignore the state law and drive without a front plate?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:44 PM
King Tut

He gets the relocation kit that is sold. It places it in the black grill of the bumper on the driver side. At least I hope that is what he is doing.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
JRinTXrog

My wife has drove her Mazda 626 around for 4 years and never had a front plate. She said she would plead a womans ignorance if she ever got stopped
Old 04-29-2005, 02:55 PM
teh RedUnit

I drove my '97 Eclipse for about 2 years without a front plate until
I finally got pulled over. Mind you, I had been pulled over twice before this for speeding and blue lights on the front and neither time did the cop mention the missing front plate.

Good to see dealers bending over for the customer because of the "survey". I should start looking for a good Nissan dealer around my area.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:36 AM
pyindeem

Actually, the dealership have the plate holder screwed in on 99% of their cars, and the scuff marks doesn't come from driving around for a week. ( I took the plate holder off the next day after I boutght the car and hoping there wouldn't be any holes in them) which isn't the case. so I took it back to the dealership the next day...then they gave me a run around til 2 days ago I finnally got everything fix. It's just Principal , b/c they told me that they would fix it, but they have to make me work for it. Promise is promised, no customers like to deal with any BooSheit.