Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Staring People.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even in Southern California where half the Porsche's sold in the US are found the Z turns heads. I live in a rather poor and depressed area - the 2nd fastest growing in the US and the 6th best place for business but I see darn few Z's on the road. Here I'm more likely to see a poser in a leased Caddy Esclade or an H2. Lots of bling-bling Honda drivers pause to look.

Don't be 8ters'!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
rohan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
The only looks I don't mind are from cute females .

+1
Old 05-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Bran_BranZ33

i was pumping gas the other day a group of sixteen year olds came up to
me asking how fast it was and a bunch of other stupid question but i could
relate i guess i was there once too. i like the attention but the girlfriend hates
it... lol
Old 05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Destiny350Z

Wow, lol its funny how many different types of people you encounter with this car you have the neck breakers, leg humpers (teenage and adult), price asking nosey @$$holes , the thumps uppers , POS driving player haters , street racers, gold diggers and the Z stalkers! The list just goes on and on! I have been follow around town, followed in the store, asked strange questions, people snapping shots with their camera phones! I even had a lesbo ask me out(yucky ) Its more like you are famous then you drive a Z!!!

Last edited by Destiny350Z; 05-06-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:00 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rxtrom
I just look down or act like I am looking for something, sometimes I just watch the light.
I thought I was the only retard that does this!
When the stares get heavy I'll even go to the stereo to change the CD.

I put on sunglasses not because the sun's out but to be comfortable with the occasional stares.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:25 PM
bhobson333

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
Wow, lol its funny how many different types of people you encounter with this car you have the neck breakers, leg humpers (teenage and adult), price asking nosey @$$holes , the thumps uppers , POS driving player haters , street racers, gold diggers and the Z stalkers! The list just goes on and on! .... Its more like you are famous then you drive a Z!!!
Good post, Destiny!

This thread is a repeat of many similar since the 350Z first hit the shores in late 2002. Mine was delivered 12/06/2002; I had people coming up to me at gas stations, walking up to me in parking lots, even rolling down windows and talking to me lane-to-lane in traffic! I had one rolling conversation with a guy at about 35 MPH: "What is that?!?!!? It thought it was some kind of Porsche!!!!"

The truly excellent thing is that this car is not a "flash in the pan". More than two years, almost three since it arrived, it's still getting looks and stares and comments. I had a conversation yesterday with a (guessing) 48-year-old woman about what a sexy car it is, how beautiful it is, how it beats even the previous winner, the 3rd-gen RX-7 for just pure sports car beauty. It's just a drop-dead gorgeous car, and as pretty as it is, it's even more fun to drive!

Gotta love it!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:13 PM
iheartZ

a school bus pulled up in front of me today while i was in my z and all the little children's jaws dropped it was pretty funny because i know that i used to do that back in the day....i dont mind the stares. i mean they come with the car
Old 05-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Mantis3024

Im getting sick of all the attention. I don't know if people are looking at the car, me, or me in the car. Once at a red light, this middle-aged man rolled down his window and yelled "Hey! How old are you?!" If I told him, I knew he'd follow up with some stupid comment so I said 23 and he rolled his window back up.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Dildorado

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
Wow, lol its funny how many different types of people you encounter with this car you have the neck breakers, leg humpers (teenage and adult), price asking nosey @$$holes , the thumps uppers , POS driving player haters , street racers, gold diggers and the Z stalkers! The list just goes on and on! I have been follow around town, followed in the store, asked strange questions, people snapping shots with their camera phones! I even had a lesbo ask me out(yucky ) Its more like you are famous then you drive a Z!!!
Hi uhm Destiny350Z uhm
yeah uhm.. *cough*
Would you happen to uh...
still have that Z-loving-lesbo's number by any chance?
uh thanks...
Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 AM
boma

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
The only looks I don't mind are from cute females .

Old 05-07-2005, 10:37 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is great, I know the stares come with the car.

Destiny - I coulden't have said it better.

The best one was when a Cop roled by my car twice and finally stopped and talked to me. Somewhere in the convo i managed to get the ***** to ask if he wanted to race, he just laughed and said "Naw, you would win."
Old 05-07-2005, 10:54 AM
rolling

[QUOTE=Destiny350Z]Wow, lol its funny how many different types of people you encounter with this car you have the neck breakers, leg humpers (teenage and adult), price asking nosey @$$holes , the thumps uppers , POS driving player haters , street racers, gold diggers and the Z stalkers! The list just goes on and on! I have been follow around town, followed in the store, asked strange questions, people snapping shots with their camera phones! I even had a lesbo ask me out(yucky ) Its more like you are famous then you drive a Z!!! [/QI

when they are staring at me/ car/ me in the car . I think they are thinking..."who does he think he is"
Old 05-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Dildorado
Hi uhm Destiny350Z uhm
yeah uhm.. *cough*
Would you happen to uh...
still have that Z-loving-lesbo's number by any chance?
uh thanks...
LOL I never took her # I just got in the car and drove off as fast as humanly possible
Old 05-07-2005, 11:01 AM
rolling

BTW what is that green dot ubove the "post reply"?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by rolling
BTW what is that green dot ubove the "post reply"?
lol it shows that that person is online when it is green the person is online when its not they are not on line
Old 05-07-2005, 11:21 AM
rolling

ooooooo ok thanx Gurl!
Old 05-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Roger V

I like the looks sometimes, but 70% of the time they look like they want to kill me. Being 17 and driving a Z sometimes dosent attract the right attention.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:03 PM
bstansbu

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
I thought I was the only retard that does this!
When the stares get heavy I'll even go to the stereo to change the CD.

I put on sunglasses not because the sun's out but to be comfortable with the occasional stares.
Your not alone!! Everytime I pull up to a red light, for some reason, I have to sit there and at least turn the **** a few times on my xm reciever like im looking for a different station. lol Look at the bright side, you dont have a buddy that rides in the passenger side and when we pull up next to some girls or even some guys with windows down he yells "CHECK ME OUT!!!" then dives forward so im left sitting there with my thumb up my bum all alone. I hate when he does that. haha BEN
Old 05-07-2005, 12:05 PM
rolling

i think its cool seiing young guys get these cars! they usualy tend to be enthusiasts liek most/ all of us!! and cool things to BS about!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Dildorado

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Your not alone!! Everytime I pull up to a red light, for some reason, I have to sit there and at least turn the **** a few times on my xm reciever like im looking for a different station. lol Look at the bright side, you dont have a buddy that rides in the passenger side and when we pull up next to some girls or even some guys with windows down he yells "CHECK ME OUT!!!" then dives forward so im left sitting there with my thumb up my bum all alone. I hate when he does that. haha BEN
HAHAHA that's a great thing to do

Quick Reply: Staring People.......