Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Staring People.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:38 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Staring People.......

I find it amusing to watch and see just how many people break their neck to get an extra second or two look at my car.... Maybe it's the small town, or maybe it's the rims and exhaust, I don’t know but its comical sometimes, especially when the kid looking has a half primers 2 rimed Honda civic hatchback, not that there’s anything wrong with them, but i just enjoy people looking at my car, makes me feel proud.

Anyone else get a giggle out of this?

On an off note, I also get all kinds of people in all kids of cars waving and giving me thumbs up. I heard a group of girl say "that's a hot guy in that car" one night, I jsut started cracking up.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Sensation350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the stares are normal.
Although where I live some people wouldnt even consider the Z a highclass car.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Dildorado

I do get a lot of stares too, especially with the top down. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it much though, I just don't know where to look. I like the fact that it gets looks, just don't like being stared at too much.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hate the attention you get in a nice car. Try driving around a lambo! Its a pleasure to drive but the attention (sometimes bad attention) gets old VERY fast.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:11 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it's uncomfortable sometimes, but i just smile and look ahead....
Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 PM
350z bra

get use to it
Old 05-05-2005, 11:58 PM
pacfwu

Heck man, of course people are gonna look. That's what's cool about sports cars. I have a full-on ultra yellow with the nismo body kit and decals. Heads turn everywhere. I didn't buy it to blend in.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:01 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

The only looks I don't mind are from cute females .
Old 05-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
The only looks I don't mind are from cute females .
I need to move out of here... only guys look at my car around here.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:02 AM
rxtrom

Originally Posted by Dildorado
I do get a lot of stares too, especially with the top down. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it much though, I just don't know where to look. I like the fact that it gets looks, just don't like being stared at too much.
I am with you on this one, I have a coupe and its a little easier to hide. I try not to be proud when people are looking at me. I hate it when other people do that. I just look down or act like I am looking for something, sometimes I just watch the light.

On another side note, Its funny when kids are looking at the car they make it really obvious and they point too, I get a laugh out of that b/c I was there once.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:47 AM
tsixr

I get stares occasionally but not nearly as many when I first got the Z back in '03. It can actually be quite dangerous if people that drive stare at you. A few months back I was driving down a three lane highway going about 60mph when I noticed someone next to me was pacing me looking over at my car. There was a red light coming up but I was in the left most lane and it was clear, he was in the middle lane which wasn't clear. I kept coasting but apparantly he did too, suddenly all I hear are the screetches from the brakes and one of the loudest bangs I have heard(my windows were down). Since I was still going pretty fast by the time I looked back I couldn't see what happened plus I was quite startled by that noise, if you ever hear it, its one of the worst sounds ever. Hopefully no one was hurt.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Lerxst

Ouch... I saw a kid go over his handlbars cuz he was busy staring at my car... he got up and looked ok so I kept going.

The g/f JUST commented about all the stares last night... I don't even notice it anymore. Although the other day I picked up a buddy at the airport and noticed EVERYONE was tracking my car as I slowly pulled away... how cute :P
Old 05-06-2005, 06:22 AM
southern_info

I have 5% tint on my windows so they can look all they want. I see them but they don't see me unless my windows are down...lol
Old 05-06-2005, 06:31 AM
crpav

I live in a small town where nice cars are very rare. There are a few Vipers, Corvettes, and maybe one or two other higher end cars but the owners don't daily drive them like I do. I get many stares and looks from people as my girlfriend even commented on it. I also get those "looks" from those younge punks with riced up Honda's thinking they have a better car. All I say to myself is I have more power and speed stock then they have with what they have in mods. I know that a Honda can be modified to have more HP and such then a 350Z but none around here. Plus my car sounds better then these exhausts these kids have. If I wanted to sound like a lawn mower or look like an airplane with those God awful spoilers I would drive one of those instead.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:36 AM
Low J.
Banned

no doubt.....and having a yellow one like I have gets even more looks. I'll freely admit it makes me feel like a bad a$$ too when people pull up next to me at stoplights and roll down their window just to give me complements. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to "get on it" when leaving a light.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Zt350z

Yea attetion does get annoying. I have to go to school with 3 thousand kids so i get 3000 stares and its kind of weird. But you get use to it
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Low J.
no doubt.....and having a yellow one like I have gets even more looks. I'll freely admit it makes me feel like a bad a$$ too when people pull up next to me at stoplights and roll down their window just to give me complements. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to "get on it" when leaving a light.
Yeah, I get that too. People always say get it on man. Thats when I usually dont get it on, because i dont have FI, and my car is sorta slow as a strait line car. Doesnt really matter to me though, I love the g force in the twisties in the mountains. FUN FUN FUN!!! True Story.. Guy trys to race me in his 04 GTO, I do about 3/4 throttle while he is WOT to the next light, so obviously he pulls hard. He has a stache and a ricky rudd hat on and says..."whats the top speed on those things"? I say, about 153mph, he laughs and says, dang those are slow, these GTO can do 196 stock. I replied with the big thumbs up. What and idiot, sad thing is, he prob thinks it really does go that fast. hahaha BEN
Old 05-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Lerxst

Originally Posted by bstansbu
dang those are slow, these GTO can do 196 stock.

It's true... I've seen one go 196 kilometers per hour! :P
Old 05-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Art Vandaleigh

I appreciate the thumbs up and comments from the car enthusiasts mostly, ive had a few porsche drivers give me some positive remarks around town. I definitely need to get some tints tho, i feel a bit odd when at stoplights, look to your right/left and have people staring right at you.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
FLZ_Boy

I've gotten use to people staring at my car, but when you look over sometimes, people are still staring.

Quick Reply: Staring People.......