Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My BMV Vol. 6 is here...wow what a SHOCK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 02:13 PM
steve c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you check the fastest lap times on the S2000, M3 and the 350Z, believe the 350Z was the slowest. HOWEVER, because there was more than 1 lap, the 350Z beat the other 2 cars. I think this says something about the car.
Again, this means nothing, you are talking about a 5 lap "race."

The 350Z isnt the best car but rather the easiest to drive consistently at the limit paritally as a result of the understeer that was dialed in. The S2000, due to it's tailhappiness, and the M3 due to it's weight are harder to keep consistent.
Huh? You do realize the M3 and Z are about the same weight....the BMW listed 3415 is with a 185 pound driver and some gas....

Best Handling at the limit: 1. Z, by default of not snaping into oversteer and not being too overweight, helps the Z be more consistent 2. S2000 3. M3
Huh? You call understeer good hanlding?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:14 PM
scottjua

I could have swore I eluded to that same thing...yes the Z is too heavy too...they say that in the video as well. BUT, it has a clear weight advantage over the M3, which totes more HP.

Anyway, oversimplification or not...the factors are many as to why the Z was quicker on this day they did the video. (my posts above tried to go into the basics)

I think the M3 suffers from the same problems the Z does in a fan base. Too many people are not willing to let the faults show. Neither of them are world beaters, and between the two I would tend to believe the Z to be more at home on the track. Previous bouts between the M3 and it's marketed competition have shown the E46M3 is just not the all round performer it's predecessor was. Yes, it's a nice car, a great handler, very fast , and very capable...but given the environment this test was done in the M3 could not hang at the top. It was very close...but not close enough. The reasons are in the two cars design characters.

The Z would further benefit from a diet as would the M3, but then you take away part of their essence as GT cars. Despite having only two seats the Z fits in well with it's competition...the GTs. Not super cars. Both camps have fans that would like to believe otherwise.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:15 PM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by steve c
No. In fact both of these cars are too damn heavy in my opinion -- but simply calling the victor the car with a balance closer to 50/50 is oversimplifying the issue.

In this case the M3 is a faster car in every measurable way -- period.
To talk about something you have to know something, the fact is that you don't own a Z, how can you know for sure this things?

Don't be a TROLL, just go somewear else!
Old 12-03-2002, 02:18 PM
scottjua

Originally posted by ITR#203
The Z is like a tweener. It doesnt have the rawness of the S2000 but it's faster in a straight line. It doesnt keep up with an M3 in a strightline but it handles better AT the limit. I hope everyone at least acknowledges that all three cars are great cars and that no owner should feel like they got a bad deal with any of these cars.
exactly what I was trying to say... given the competition the Z was able to be driven faster inthis environment more consistantly...I guess I maybe overcomplicated it instead of "oversimplifying" it...
Old 12-03-2002, 02:23 PM
max2000jp

Originally posted by webcarconnection
To talk about something you have to know something, the fact is that you don't own a Z, how can you know for sure this things?

Don't be a TROLL, just go somewear else!
Thats uncalled for. You dont own a M3 and most likely will not drive your car on a road course. Dont be hypocritical.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:30 PM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by max2000jp
Thats uncalled for. You dont own a M3 and most likely will not drive your car on a road course. Dont be hypocritical.

Do you know who I am? don't speak what you don't know, I drove a M3 (e46) a few times now my cousin have one and yes he beat me in drag race, he also like to drive his M3 in Track competitions. he is a better driver than me (track racing) and also drive my Z a couple a times, he said that the Z feels much ligther in the coners and have wonderful respons. his opinion about the video is that the Z and the others cars have a excellent drivers, he accepts that the Z wins but he believe that in a longer track maybe the M3 will catch it.
the point is that you at least have to watch the video to make opinions.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:55 PM
djbit

Default Everyone should relax!

Why does it burn you all that the Z won this particular race? As a Z lover I welcome this news. I'm not going to get all cocky and stuff but it's like the Z won one game in a series of 100 and it feels good. David and goliath kind of thing. What if it wasn't an M3 but a vette instead, will it still burn you all the same or more, less?
Old 12-04-2002, 06:08 AM
steve c

I don’t think it burns any of us that the Z car won – however these videos and their results after a short 5 lap sprint are questionable – what you really have is a toss up, my bet is that any of the cars running has a good chance at winning – hell it can take 5 laps just to set someone up for a pass.

As for webcarconnection –Yeah you learn to ignore his comments, he likes to post fictional events and then back them up with lies and insults. Whatever, it takes all sorts.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:18 AM
webcarconnection

As for webcarconnection –Yeah you learn to ignore his comments, he likes to post fictional events and then back them up with lies and insults. Whatever, it takes all sorts. [/B][/QUOTE]

men.....I feel sorry for you,(mister know it all) you traid to give a opinion, but all you do is flaming and trolling, if I said this things about you is because what you always said or try to said are bad opinions w/o facts. you are nobody to say that I'm a liar, just because you have another point of view.