Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help Having problem with VENDOR

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005 | 07:31 AM
donhuh

Default Help Having problem with VENDOR

I order Poly Ings front bumper + side from Vendor 350zforums(Dave) on May 16th (paypal the money on same day) . after 2days later I aksed for tracking number and he reply it will take few days to ship out. ok I understand this is big piece to ship. I waited and waited still no tracking # .So may 23 (after a week later) I email dave for my tracking # and he reply :

May 24, 2005 5:57 AM “i'll check your order and find out tomorrow the tracking, we had all kits in stock but can take 3 days to ship due to our backlog of orders on kits. I'll email you once I know tomorrow when the CA office is open”

Ok may 24 I waited for tracking # but he never email back to me. So I was kind pissed and email dave saying that if my kits did not shipped out ,I want to cancel my order and I want my money back. And dave reply on may 25 saying:
“May 25, 2005 3:31 PM I cant it already shipped!! I am just waiting on teh tracking so please be patient and bare with me?while I wait for it. I am sorry for the delay but the box already left the warehouse”

Ok fine with me cause since box left the warehouse.. so I email back dave asking for tracking # and asked him what is so hard to get just tracking # if the box shipped out already. And he reply:

“May 25, 2005 3:45 PM We dont ship our packages. This office is in Fort Worth Texas and we rely on a company in california to do our shipping,packing, etc”

today is may 30 still no reply from dave and I should have my kits by the time now,or least i should have tracking # .I had enough stress with this vendor, I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK. and I will never ever buy anything from 350zforunms again.
Sorry guys Im just pissed and stress out. How can I get my money back?? please help. I don’t know what to do… cause i never had any problem with other vendor that i bought my exhaust etc..etc.. they usually provide me tracking # in 2days.
Old 05-30-2005 | 08:03 AM
Netko350Z

I would wait a week. it would take 5 to 7 business days to ship anything from Cali. Takes that long to ship UPS Cali to Pennsylvania. If nothing is resloved then take it to the next level.

Good Luck!
Old 05-30-2005 | 08:38 AM
DayBlueZ

Items of that size are going to take a while to get to Canada. Not to mention, be held up in customs for anywhere from 2 to 7 days.
I agree, the tracking # should be an easy item to obtain but, shipping time will be longer than that.
Old 05-30-2005 | 08:45 AM
lane myers

+1 on the waiting a little longer.

i know you're upset about no tracking number(as you should be) and not good service for good money. if the kit was really sent out to you by the 25th at the latest (which that should be true if i read your post correctly), then i would give it 5-7 business days from the 25th, not counting today. i know thats not really the point, and that you just want a tracking number or your money back, but it seems like things are already in motion and your kit is on its way to you. you'll just not do business with the same guys again - understandably so. if the kit doesnt show after 5-7 days from when they said it would be shipped i'd "take it to the next level" as mentioned above.

btw, in their defense, if they are located in ft worth and their warehouse is shipping from cali, there's a good possibility that someone at the warehouse dropped the ball and didnt relay that info to the person you've been dealing with in texas... you could always ask to speak with someone at the place that your kit is being shipping from.

good luck!
Old 05-30-2005 | 09:09 AM
donhuh

guys thanks for support,,I will wait a little longer.
Old 05-30-2005 | 09:58 AM
GZire

If you don't get this by the end of this week, contact your credit card company and have them dispute the charges. Explain the situation to them, so long as you are within 60 days you are OK, beyond that it gets tough.
Old 05-30-2005 | 10:42 AM
donhuh

Originally Posted by GZire
If you don't get this by the end of this week, contact your credit card company and have them dispute the charges. Explain the situation to them, so long as you are within 60 days you are OK, beyond that it gets tough.
I used paypal.. and money withdrawal directly from my bank account.damn I should just used my credit card. When i get my tracking # I can find out when they really shipped my box.. I will let you guys know.. thanks.
Old 05-30-2005 | 11:37 AM
taurran

Yeah I learned not to go with Paypal the hard way. If at all possible, use the CC when you can. Once Paypal gets involved you have to dispute it through them and you're pretty screwed. I just lost $200 through an ebay transaction that I got scammed on. Paypal wasn't much help at all.

Good luck on getting the kit. 350zforums does a lot of business here and I'm sure you'll get it in due time.
Old 05-30-2005 | 04:49 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Multiple members of the forum have had this same problem with this vendor. Dave is a good guy and you'll get what you paid for, it's just a matter of when. I really recommend that you keep at the communications channels with him and do what you will with the experience. He's been a paying vendor here for quite some time and as such has nothing to gain by screwing you over. I feel your frustration, but it'll work out. Have faith!
Old 05-31-2005 | 05:35 AM
King Tut

Originally Posted by kcobean
Multiple members of the forum have had this same problem with this vendor. Dave is a good guy and you'll get what you paid for, it's just a matter of when. I really recommend that you keep at the communications channels with him and do what you will with the experience. He's been a paying vendor here for quite some time and as such has nothing to gain by screwing you over. I feel your frustration, but it'll work out. Have faith!
I concur. I also had some issues with getting my Carbon Creations CF front lip. Some of the issues were out of Dave's hands and some were not. I did end up getting it and was happy in the end. I am sure you will either get your product or get your refund eventually.
Old 05-31-2005 | 11:15 AM
elms350Z

Yep, give it a few more days. I ordered a Kit from Japan for my previous car and it took about a month. Then it was in customes for a week. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2005 | 07:13 PM
donhuh

ok guys finally dave reply to my email

"Broker in Canada has the box and I cannot get a good number to reach him. my shipper from Cali is trying is best for me too because we had to switch brokers.. I am very sorry but i am doing my best 1500 miles away... more info tomorrow I am sure.

ok this means I won't get my kits this week ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ~~~~
Old 05-31-2005 | 07:24 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

These things take time. Big boxes, shipping companies, freight brokers. I'm sure this is difficult stuff for him to coordinate. Remember that you're dealing with multiple companies who view your shipment as just one of 1000 boxes they deal with everyday, and it's not like they adhere to FedEx delivery schedules or anything.

You'll get it and it will all be worth the wait.

Oh, and make sure we get PICTURES!!!!
Old 05-31-2005 | 07:32 PM
donhuh

alright I make sure post pic when i get kits.
Old 06-06-2005 | 05:41 AM
donhuh

ok guys what should i do now? i haven't heard from dave and i dont even have tracking #.I asked so many times but dave never provide me tracking #. for 4 weeks.. wonder they really shipped my kits ??? Honestly I just want my money back.
Old 06-06-2005 | 07:11 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by donhuh
ok guys what should i do now? i haven't heard from dave and i dont even have tracking #.I asked so many times but dave never provide me tracking #. for 4 weeks.. wonder they really shipped my kits ??? Honestly I just want my money back.
What else can you do but keep trying to contact him? It's not like he's stealing from you. IPDG is a big company, they just have some serious customer service issues. If he actually defrauded you, that would be different, but you're not out of the reasonable time frame for the product you've ordered to be delivered. You need to remember that it's big, heavy, crossing multiple borders and possibly transiting multiple freight companies.

Patience is a b!tch, but you definitely have a valid gripe with the lack of communication. It seems to be a problem they have had with quite a few people here. They are an honest company though, so I say hang in there and keep trying to reach them, and realize that while the silent treatment sucks, the delay is not unusual.
Old 06-06-2005 | 07:12 AM
twenzel

From his standpoint... He probably just has an account with a large distributor that he ships directly from. Meaning he doesn't actually ship it to his shop and then ship to you. It cheaper this way. So provided that the warehouse distributor probably has a few hundred different accounts and ships hundreds of packages a day, its probably very difficult if not impossible to find a tracking number with those guys. On top of that it is going to Canada and brokers are huge pain in the **** to deal with.

Point is, I am sure he is good guy and trying for you but honestly there isn't a whole lot he can do about it. Customs takes a while so you just have to be patient. I agree with the above statement that he has nothing to gain my ripping you off on this single purchase.

Good luck and post pics.

Last edited by twenzel; 06-06-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2005 | 07:57 AM
mgk65

Why is everyone always making excuses for dave?

Bad communication === bad service.
Bad service === unhappy customers.
Old 06-06-2005 | 08:17 AM
marco_mendoza

cuz apparently he brings money to this forum web page. anyways, dude, i think you deserve your money back. you've given reasonable time for an item that was paid for.

Quick Reply: Help Having problem with VENDOR