Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Fence sitters: I took the Z out for an hour-long drive today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 10:41 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive never heard wow this is cool.

I have repeatedly heard, "it looks like a space ship" which I think is good. or "it looks like a jetsons car"; again, I think this is good. its not your typical bland interior, even if it is plastic, it looks like carbon fiber and aluminum, and to most you cant tell the difference.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Bobg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are You KIDDING????
Have you seen the interiors even in the "higher class" american vehicles? Corvettes, high-end passenger cars, and anything.. their interiors just make anyone with a decent taste want to puke!
Dude, get real!

Hey Porschekiller you got two cards like me. Want to start our own club?
Old 12-02-2002, 11:05 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

"'it looks like a jetsons car'"

Dude, have they even driven a Jetson's car!? They wouldn't say that if they had! Jetson's cars go from 0-60 miles per *second* and they use inertial dampening fields to make you feel like you're not even moving. They have the latest in anti-gravity drives. They use cold fusion to burn water, so that their only exhaust is steady stream of water vapor donuts that just evaporate. Speaking of exhaust, it sounds so sweet. It just goes bloot... bloot... bloot, then when you really gun it, bloo..hoo...hoo...hoo...hoot. And don't get me started on the interiors!
Old 12-02-2002, 11:10 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

When it comes to the Z, I love just about everything about it, especially driving through some mountain roads last night. But I still think there's some kind of feedback loop on freeways that's causing the body to shake without respect to the contours of the road. The orange peel doesn't bother me. If it did, I'd just paint the car. The interior feels like it was made for me, and if that makes *me* cheap, so be it
Old 12-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Them Bones

The interior is made from a "space age" polymer.

I've been told "if you keep picking it, it won't heal", so I'll stop now. Thanks for the comic relief.

-TB
Old 12-02-2002, 12:52 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to concur with J Ritt's statements.

I love my car inside and out... and so has everyone whom I've shown the car to. I've not heard one deregatory remark about the interior. In fact, most gush about how cool it looks and how well laid out it is.

The bottom line is some people will find something to nitpick about no matter what. Is the Z perfect? No... but it's very darn nice for the price. As someone else said, you know immediately if the Z is for you. I think all the minor gripes we see are mostly from people who are wanting to be Z-ophiles or have jumped on the bandwagon and now are having just a tiny bit of buyers remorse.

Me... I'd go out and buy another one tomorrow if I could affort to! I LUV THIS FREAKIN' CAR!!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 03:08 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Them Bones

The interior is made from a "space age" polymer.

-TB
Space age started in the 60s, so maybe it is retro?