Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

THe Z is DEad

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 05:34 PM
LATEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can maintenance ur own veh but if a repair is due the negligence of of that part,or installation i.e oil filter (breakdown of a fram filter once the filter broke inside clog the filter, starve the engine of oil result engine threw a rod )nissan in this case did not honor warranty
Old 06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Stuff

Originally Posted by LATEZ
you can maintenance ur own veh but if a repair is due the negligence of of that part,or installation i.e oil filter (breakdown of a fram filter once the filter broke inside clog the filter, starve the engine of oil result engine threw a rod )nissan in this case did not honor warranty
Of course you're right about this, but you're missing what people are saying (at least, from what I understand)...

Extreme example: You buy a new Z, with 0 miles. You drive it 500 miles, put in an aftermarket radio. Another 500 miles, your engine blows. You take it to the dealer, and the dealer says "Oh, your radio caused your engine to blow, voided warrenty!" Thanks to the Magnasson-Moss act, you can sue and win, since they have to PROVE that the radio caused the engine failure, which they can't. They have to stand by their warranty.

In your example. They can't see a fram filter on your car and say, oh, you have a non-nissan filter, and say warranty voided! If they take off the filter and see that it broke and was starving the engine of oil, then yes, they can blame the part, but until they actually PROVE it, they can't void your warranty. The law protects you.

This case: I'm not an engine expert by any stretch of the imagination, but if it was a bad oil pump, I can't see how an intake would have anything to do with it? And until they can PROVE it, can't void the warrenty.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:26 PM
VIP-STATUS
Banned

sorry to hear that.good luck
Old 07-01-2005, 12:40 AM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the intake was really causing a problem, it would just like shut the car off and lock it up... worst case scenario suck in water cause the intake was some how submerged. But none of these would starve the engine of oil... </3 dealerships.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
LATEZ

Originally Posted by Stuff
Of course you're right about this, but you're missing what people are saying (at least, from what I understand)...

Extreme example: You buy a new Z, with 0 miles. You drive it 500 miles, put in an aftermarket radio. Another 500 miles, your engine blows. You take it to the dealer, and the dealer says "Oh, your radio caused your engine to blow, voided warrenty!" Thanks to the Magnasson-Moss act, you can sue and win, since they have to PROVE that the radio caused the engine failure, which they can't. They have to stand by their warranty.

In your example. They can't see a fram filter on your car and say, oh, you have a non-nissan filter, and say warranty voided! If they take off the filter and see that it broke and was starving the engine of oil, then yes, they can blame the part, but until they actually PROVE it, they can't void your warranty. The law protects you.

This case: I'm not an engine expert by any stretch of the imagination, but if it was a bad oil pump, I can't see how an intake would have anything to do with it? And until they can PROVE it, can't void the warrenty.

I agree with everything you said
so pretty much to sum everything up.. NNA pretty much voided the warranty when They spoted aftermarket mods that may have caused this damaged. header,pop charger etc... can we agree on that, the alteration of his mod may have caused this damage(does not matter if its a part failure or in-proper installation) alteration of the engine voided his warranty.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:51 AM
charliemike

not so if veh has mods, like I said if the veh was stock no mods and all maintenance was done by dlr then yes it may have been warranty repair but with the aftermarket mods and other garages or mechs working on the veh, why would NNA honor the warranty. exp if u buy a ps2 then chip it and it breaks the unit do you expect sony to send you a new one ?
hey I'm just tying to save the guy some money
Stop posting. You have no idea what you are talking about. The Magnusson-Moss Act deals directly with this.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:58 AM
LATEZ

Fine ..I'm tired of posting on this topic
This was My job at NNA just so u know
Old 07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Swiftraven

Sure it was....

Just because Nissans says that the mods caused a failure doesn't mean that it is true. They have to PROVE that the mod caused the failure, not just say that they did and you have to believe them.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
LATEZ

Hey I hope he gets the engine replace, I owe NNA nothing they owe me nothing was jus my .02
peace out
Old 07-01-2005, 01:16 PM
nicolaycastro

Well I think that the point here is not to attack anyone, we are just saying that even though nissan said that they voided the warrany because of the mods, there is somehting that can still be done to try to find the true cause of the problem. No one here is saying that his mods did not cause the failure, we are just saying that nissan needs to prove that one of the mods cause it so they can legally void his warranty.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Paul_BB_Guy

Any update?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
bixby

Good luck
just want you to know you wasted an extra $1k
your letter will be responded by another letter from nna
Actually he may not have. First the 1k is a retainer for the attorney to charge hrs against. Second, the letter going to NNA will be on the atorney's letterhead so Nissan will know that one has been retained which will (or should) make them take him a little more seriously.

Granted they may stand firm in the end but they will most certainly reevaluate their position.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:26 PM
hfm

Subscribed.

I just saw this thread now. There have been a lot of useful suggestions. You definitely needed to retain an attorney. Get all records. I mean everything. Receipts for your mods, receipts for installation of mods and names and dates of any modification installation, all service records from day one, warranty information, oil purchase receipts, dynos with air/fuel ratios. Keep track of every telephone call by written documentation and keep a copy of all correspondence. If you're using a rental, save your receipts.

Recognize you may need an expert witness (certified mechanic) that can testify the mods were not the cause of engine failure. Hopefully that wont be necessary if NNA picks this up. The fact that you have worn tires isn't much of an argument for abuse particularily considering your mileage. I'd find out if they downloaded any infomation from the ECU with Consult II. I don't know what kind of data mapping, if any, the ECU retains but there maybe useful information stored. And, I'd inquire why they didn't have a Nissan engineer appear to examine the engine. Good luck.

None of the above is legal advice.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:33 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> None of the above is legal advice.

OMG, it's illegal advice!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:48 AM
350zbiturbo

well heres an update guys, no word from nissan yet but my lawyer has spoken to me, and showen me that he is actually getting the better business bureau on this also since i guess they deal with stuff like this also, and he will be requesting a new vehicle for me b/c of the past that my vehicle has had at the dealer, he says the least that will go on here is a new motor but he is going to shoot for a new car from nissan to avoid the hassle and any future problems with the car, he seems pretty sincere, he is really an amazing lawyer from what i hear and he found out codes that nissan violated that i didnt even know bout so the letter is being sent out on monday and will go from there
Old 07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
nicolaycastro

Seems like he is doing a good job, lets hope everything works out for you... keep us updated.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:25 PM
gatti-man

very interesting, good luck man!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:28 PM
ryan350zpower

i hate nissan dealerships...they try to lay everyone out for every scrap of dollar they can get...PISSES ME OFF..good luck man...i hope u sue the crap outta them. They tried laying me out, but i fought and screamed and got what i needed
Old 07-15-2005, 08:19 PM
wj4

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
well heres an update guys, no word from nissan yet but my lawyer has spoken to me, and showen me that he is actually getting the better business bureau on this also since i guess they deal with stuff like this also, and he will be requesting a new vehicle for me b/c of the past that my vehicle has had at the dealer, he says the least that will go on here is a new motor but he is going to shoot for a new car from nissan to avoid the hassle and any future problems with the car, he seems pretty sincere, he is really an amazing lawyer from what i hear and he found out codes that nissan violated that i didnt even know bout so the letter is being sent out on monday and will go from there
hi, just wondering how much are u paying for the lawyers service? best of luck to u bro
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan350zpower
i hate nissan dealerships...they try to lay everyone out for every scrap of dollar they can get...PISSES ME OFF..good luck man...i hope u sue the crap outta them. They tried laying me out, but i fought and screamed and got what i needed
Sure beats going to a Mitsu dealership.

Quick Reply: THe Z is DEad