Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

THe Z is DEad

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 10:47 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdg345
Soooo ... as an aside ... what does a flywheel do exactly?
Are you asking what a flywheel in general does, or are you asking what specifically the JWT flywheel does that is different from stock?

If you're asking what a flywheel is/does, it's basically a metal disc on the output shaft of the engine. Its' purpose is three-fold. First, it provides the friction surface for the clutch to engage with the engine. Second, it effectively "absorbs" some of the energy from the engine, causing the engine to accelerate and decelerate more smoothly. This also helps to keep the engine speed more constant when shifting. With lightweight flywheels, the engine RPMs fall off much faster during shifting, so the clutch wears just a little faster as it lines up the engine/flywheel RPM with the input shaft of the transmission. Third, it has teeth around it's outer-edge that that the starter engages with to start the engine when you turn the key.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
jdg345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it does! Thanks for the info guys!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:04 PM
350zbiturbo

ok went to the dealer and these guys are real amazing seriously, they actually werent sure what caused it at first the mechanics and service manager were saying it was my flywheel and then the head mechanic for the Z came and said that would never cause an engine failure like what happened, but i plan to hopefully find out what it was, they were useless but they said i will have my car back by next friday so im going crazy lol so close oh so close, i ordered ksport coilovers already, indash kenwood ddx7015, 4 new alpine speakers, and im gonna order the cobra milano seats in orange and carbon fiber nismo spoiler on monday. its gonna be awesome to be driving my car again and get respect from people on teh road again.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:47 AM
JRinTXrog

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
ok went to the dealer and these guys are real amazing seriously, they actually werent sure what caused it at first the mechanics and service manager were saying it was my flywheel and then the head mechanic for the Z came and said that would never cause an engine failure like what happened, but i plan to hopefully find out what it was, they were useless but they said i will have my car back by next friday so im going crazy lol so close oh so close, i ordered ksport coilovers already, indash kenwood ddx7015, 4 new alpine speakers, and im gonna order the cobra milano seats in orange and carbon fiber nismo spoiler on monday. its gonna be awesome to be driving my car again and get respect from people on teh road again.
Its funny how kids that don't have any money for lawers or engines its amazing how fast they can find money for hop ups.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:29 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by JRinTXrog
Its funny how kids that don't have any money for lawers or engines its amazing how fast they can find money for hop ups.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:20 AM
350zbiturbo

well the lawyer costed 1000 dollars, that i paid for, but lets put this in a way maybe you can understand lets say i spent 3 to 4000 dollars on mods, and the 1000 for the lawyer make it like 5000, ok now that your stupid comment will go to shame to fix my car it would of been not 5 or 6 or even 7000, no it would of been a good 9500 to 10000 dollars to fix, but lets see i guess its easy to find that money seeing as how i save up, pay for my own car, pay for my own insurance, pay for all my mods, pay for gas, pay for food, that is money i save up on the side for me to screw around with, and for me to spend another 10000 dollars on my car to get it running when i bought it new for 30000 not really in the mood to pay more money for a car i bought that should of had no problems, but its ok since you know so much go ahead and continue with your stupid and immature comments.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:55 AM
nicolaycastro

Originally Posted by JRinTXrog
I dont know about you but even if I had the mony I would rather spend my money on mods to make my car better than stock, than to fix it back to stock for something that wasnt even my fault to begin with... thats way companies offer warranties, no matter how much money you want you want to make sure the car you are buying is going to start falling into pieces, and then you have to begin fixing it.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:24 AM
seabass

well the lawyer costed 1000 dollars, that i paid for, but lets put this in a way maybe you can understand lets say i spent 3 to 4000 dollars on mods, and the 1000 for the lawyer make it like 5000, ok now that your stupid comment will go to shame to fix my car it would of been not 5 or 6 or even 7000, no it would of been a good 9500 to 10000 dollars to fix, but lets see i guess its easy to find that money seeing as how i save up, pay for my own car, pay for my own insurance, pay for all my mods, pay for gas, pay for food, that is money i save up on the side for me to screw around with, and for me to spend another 10000 dollars on my car to get it running when i bought it new for 30000 not really in the mood to pay more money for a car i bought that should of had no problems, but its ok since you know so much go ahead and continue with your stupid and immature comments.

I still see it as you being out $1000 dollars for a WARRANTY item. My question is what is you lawyer doing for you to recover your cost from Nissan?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:18 PM
350zbiturbo

nothing b/c i didnt ask him too, I understand where your coming from but if I was to fight nissan for the grand i paid him, that would go into court and be a really long and worthless fight that would most likely end up costing more and wasting time, yea its a warranty item but sure i spent a grand, b/c nissan didnt believe they were wrong, now my 1000 dollars, will always be an example that nissan cannot have any excuses to void anyones warranty, anyone if they ever have this problem can contact me, and i gaurantee to you for now on nissan isnt going to be voiding peoples warranties just b/c a few bolt on mods, so yea i think for the Z community i might of just helped out everyone a little, so its ok no biggie spend 1000, get a 10000 job done lol
Old 09-04-2005, 01:35 PM
hypeiv

nothing b/c i didnt ask him too, I understand where your coming from but if I was to fight nissan for the grand i paid him, that would go into court and be a really long and worthless fight that would most likely end up costing more and wasting time, yea its a warranty item but sure i spent a grand, b/c nissan didnt believe they were wrong, now my 1000 dollars, will always be an example that nissan cannot have any excuses to void anyones warranty, anyone if they ever have this problem can contact me, and i gaurantee to you for now on nissan isnt going to be voiding peoples warranties just b/c a few bolt on mods, so yea i think for the Z community i might of just helped out everyone a little, so its ok no biggie spend 1000, get a 10000 job done lol
thanks for fighting the good fight... it totally pisses me off nissan put you through all that. I feel even if it was a mod that caused the problem I think they owe all of us at least the 10 or so hours to tear down the engine and find out what the problem was instead of just assuming they can pick on someone who might not fight back. If I ever have a warranty issue and it starts to go south I will get a lawyer right away after reading your story.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:14 AM
JRinTXrog

well guys looks like i might end up sitting outside of nissan and hoping for them to get wore down and lose sales b/c my friends lawyer retired like 3 months ago, so now its me and i called and they seem pretty hard on their decision excuses coming from everywhere, saying abuse b/c of my tires, the mods these people are ridiculous i really hope none of you have to go through this, tomm the lady is faxing me a note stating that they are voiding b/c of my mods but dont know what im gonna do with that b/c i dont have the money for a lawyer so looks like its going to be me and the help of you guys, so whats the plan what should i do if i dont have a lawyer?? anybody have instances where someone else has blown theyre motor with n/a mods and gotten covered that maybe i could use to fight this??
I was just stating a earlier fact. The comment was not necessarily at you. You stated you did not have enough money for a lawer.
I have never diagreed that if something went wrong with the car thst Nissan should not fix it. I just see so me many people that spend all this money on things they dont need and end up in so much debt they end up taking bankruptcy and that is a pet peave of mine. Then its people like me that end up paying for stupid peoples mistakes.

Last edited by JRinTXrog; 09-05-2005 at 05:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Joeys_z

I couldn't agree more with the above statement. I see so many people driving nice cars that they cant afford. The get a large dent or damage the car, and are forced to drive it that way for the life of the car, because they can't afford either the repair bill or the insurance deductible. It sounds like the Z wasn't a good fit for you! Sorry about your luck....a hard lesson to learn.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:30 AM
jdg345

Still not sure why Nissan didn't pay your legal fees ... the only reacted when you brought him in and otherwise would have sent you packing. You should get reimbursed for that ... but, spending $1k to save $4k on an engine rebuild seems like a fair trade. It just sucks that you have to eat that.

Oh, and the comment about not having money -- I think that was in reference to an earlier post where you alluded to not being able to afford a lawyer and that's why you didn't want to take that route early on.