Old 06-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Machupo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, next step up the chain
Old 06-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's lawyer time. A lawyer will be able to elicit information from and communcate with Nissan USA much more efficiently than you can.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:54 PM
PureXTZ

Park your car across the street from the dealer with a sign letting future customers know that your car is not being covered by them, and even picketing them with other members on the weekend. They'll start realizing how much business they are losing because of your "current" model vehicle sitting out front warning potential customers that Nissans warranty refuses to help out it's customers, they'll fix it for you.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
It's lawyer time. A lawyer will be able to elicit information from and communcate with Nissan USA much more efficiently than you can.
exactly.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by PureXTZ
Park your car across the street from the dealer with a sign letting future customers know that your car is not being covered by them, and even picketing them with other members on the weekend. They'll start realizing how much business they are losing because of your "current" model vehicle sitting out front warning potential customers that Nissans warranty refuses to help out it's customers, they'll fix it for you.
just curious, how do you know this will work? have you done it, and if so, could you give details?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:49 AM
PureXTZ

When the RXS-S came out I read a post about how a member there was getting all kinds of repair work on his car. He decided he no longer wanted the car as he was having way too many problems. He asked them to buy it back which they refused. He simply had it towed right across the street and left it there with a sign and would go out every weekend sitting beside his car with a sign. It seemed that it was so bad for business for the dealer they bought the car back and gave him a new one. I would believe the same could hold up here as well. If potential customers see someone who has a 30k plus car not being able to get service under warranty (assuming it's not his fault) they will second guess buying a car from them.

I would suggest taking the digital pictures and blowing them up poster size at Kinko's so that people can see your engine failure. With the pic captioned, "don't let this be you at 39,000", I would say within a month Nissan will give you a motor to prevent any further loss of sales.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Z BOY

touche and well done!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:05 PM
350zbiturbo

well guys looks like i might end up sitting outside of nissan and hoping for them to get wore down and lose sales b/c my friends lawyer retired like 3 months ago, so now its me and i called and they seem pretty hard on their decision excuses coming from everywhere, saying abuse b/c of my tires, the mods these people are ridiculous i really hope none of you have to go through this, tomm the lady is faxing me a note stating that they are voiding b/c of my mods but dont know what im gonna do with that b/c i dont have the money for a lawyer so looks like its going to be me and the help of you guys, so whats the plan what should i do if i dont have a lawyer?? anybody have instances where someone else has blown theyre motor with n/a mods and gotten covered that maybe i could use to fight this??
Old 06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
JRinTXrog

What chain of effects did they say caused the motor to blow?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
350zbiturbo

the girl said that their was no oil but thats b/c all the oil was on the floor, she also said it through a rod out and that was b/c of the mods, another thing was umm my tires that they were worn out so that means high rpm, and that means nothing b/c their my show rims and my stocks have brand new tires on them not stock tires, brand new dunlops i use for everyday their so ridiculous it bothers me, god i really hate nissan right now
Old 06-13-2005, 03:31 PM
cloudy

I would of put on stock tires if you knew that the other ones were that worn down... just 1 less thing they can complain. But never less, ask them to kindly explain how your mods have effected the lack of oil circulating to the engine?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
well guys looks like i might end up sitting outside of nissan and hoping for them to get wore down and lose sales b/c my friends lawyer retired like 3 months ago, so now its me and i called and they seem pretty hard on their decision excuses coming from everywhere, saying abuse b/c of my tires, the mods these people are ridiculous i really hope none of you have to go through this, tomm the lady is faxing me a note stating that they are voiding b/c of my mods but dont know what im gonna do with that b/c i dont have the money for a lawyer so looks like its going to be me and the help of you guys, so whats the plan what should i do if i dont have a lawyer?? anybody have instances where someone else has blown theyre motor with n/a mods and gotten covered that maybe i could use to fight this??
I had a very similar situation like this happen with a past car of mine. Blew the flex plate apart in the tranny - 6800 in parts alone - as it took a good part of the lower cast oil pan on the motor with it. I had headers, crank pulley, test pipe, full exhaust, HKS S-AFR.

What I would suggest is that you find a 'friend' that works for a nissan or infinity dealership - preferably a mechanic or service manager, NOT a salesman. If not a friend, a friend of friend, or whoever. I am sure you can get in contact with someone through one of the forums. Then take your car to them and be honest about the situation. Tell them you want them to look at the car, not take pictures look, but talk to them about a tear down to determine the cause of the failure. You MUST agree that if the failure is related to you mods, that you will cover the cost of the tear down. This is what I had to do. I agreed to pay 500-600 bucks in labor to tear down my car to determine if the problem was related to my mods. If they determine the failure was due to you mods, this is the only money you will be out. You can have them stop work at that time. If it is not a failure due to mods, they 'should' cover this.

If you have any more questions send me a PM and I'll send you my phone # to chat.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
350zbiturbo

ill agree to pay for the labor of the tear down b/c im not going to have to put it back together anyways itll save the mechanic that i will have working on my car time if they dont cover it under warranty anyways so w/e
Old 06-13-2005, 04:40 PM
BigMike

I feel bad about about your situation. Here is what I would advise.

Read the magnuson-moss act until you know it extremely well. They just can't tell you "its because of the mods". They have to PROVE its because of the mods. If your tires aren't stock, then tell them you bought them used. Remember, your car has a warranty and if they are going to deny warranty, they have to have proof of abuse.

It wouldn't hurt to spend $200 on an attorney for a consultation. They will let you know exactly where you stand and what your chances are fighting it. It could be the best $200 you ever spent.

The other thing to do is to call junk yards and ask them how much a 350Z engine will run you. Hell, ask about a maxima, g35, altima engine to see if the price is different. Find a shop that is Nissan friendly and ask them how much to swap engines. DO NOT have the shop source an engine for you. Call them after you locate one. You might even get an engine from an '05.

At the end of the day, its a tough battle to take on Nissan unless you have some money laying around. But a lawyer will tell you real quick if you even stand a chance.

I don't want preach to anyone, but everyone really needs to learn from this situation. Are the 6-10HP mods worth the risk of voiding your warranty? The Z is a very fast car in stock form. Does it really matter if you can shave .5 seconds of your 0-60 time? At the end of the day, who really gives a ****?

Good luck!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Z BOY

one thing i noticed in your sig that concerns me is the pulley, which as i told you earlier, the nissan rep said would void your warranty. if they have noticed it, you may be sol. if its not documented, pull that puppy off asap.
ps: there's lots of low-cost legal representation available, aka "legal aid".
Old 06-13-2005, 06:06 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd try a different dealer. Have you talked with the guys over at www.mynismo.com ? if you were to pay for shipping to and from they might cover the warranty work.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Gman2004

Is there somewhere across the street you can park your car where future customers can see it? See if you can set something up to get the car there and let me know. Well round up some boys and park are **** there with nice big signs.

Last edited by Gman2004; 06-13-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:17 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Is there somewhere across the street you can park your car where future customers can see it. See if you can set something up to get the car there and let me know. Well round up some boys and park are **** there with nice big signs.
I really don't see this helping you in anyway. For the time spent doing that you could be working on finding another dealer that might work on it.

Also keep in mind there's more then one lawyer in this country.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:54 AM
BigMike

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I really don't see this helping you in anyway. For the time spent doing that you could be working on finding another dealer that might work on it.

Also keep in mind there's more then one lawyer in this country.
Another dealer won't be able to help him. Its in Nissan's hands now and they are flagging his VIN as a voided warranty.

Parking in front of the dealership won't help either. People will see a kid with a blown up Z and immediately think he was at fault. Whether that is true or not, that's going to be the percepion. Plus, it isn't the dealer that is turning him down for warranty. Nissan turned him down. Nissan would have sent a rep to look at his car before authorizing the warranty work. Although a "mod friendly" dealership could have probably helped him work with Nissan.

I see this all the time in the Harley world. Have any of you ever seen a Harley-Davidson Parts and Accessories catalog? Its a couple inches thick. There is a section for Scream'n Eagle which are the performance parts. Every part in there has a Stop Light icon with a Green or Red light. Green means the part won't void your warranty and I think you know what red means. There are also checkered flags by some parts that definitely mean "race application only". But some people have had difficult times with getting warranty work because they used an Arlen Ness air cleaner instead of a Scream'n Eagle. Both are K&N high flow air cleaners but one is approved by HD and one isn't. The upside to the Harley though is the engine is about as sophisticated as your lawn tractor engine. An entire new engine is only $4k but you'd rarely have to buy a complete engine. Most of the time you can do an entire rebuild for $2500.

Goto http://www.h-d.com and check it out.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:22 AM
VandyZ

the girl said that their was no oil but thats b/c all the oil was on the floor, she also said it through a rod out and that was b/c of the mods, another thing was umm my tires that they were worn out so that means high rpm, and that means nothing b/c their my show rims and my stocks have brand new tires on them not stock tires, brand new dunlops i use for everyday their so ridiculous it bothers me, god i really hate nissan right now
There is no void of warranty because of high rpm driving. The redline and rev limiter is there for a reason. If the car was not meant to be driven at high rpms then they should make the redline at 4000 rpm.

Be firm with them.

Quick Reply: THe Z is DEad