Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

THe Z is DEad

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 10:17 AM
bixby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strong, aggressive, but professional. Matter of fact. Basically something to indicate to them that you are not taking their decision lightly and will not go away. I suggested a "Draft" so that we may all see it and edit it until it's perfect (or as perfect as we can get it). So there will be a 1st draft, 2nd draft & so on until we get it the way we want it.

Oh, I edited my post to read "as defined in the magnuson-moss act".

And again, good luck! Most importantly DO NOT BACK DOWN!

Last edited by bixby; 06-17-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:22 AM
LATEZ

heres my .02
from a good source.
I used to work at Corp and heres what I suggest ..
First your dealer would love to tear down ur car and install a new or use engine as the bill would be sent to NNA no cost to you, NNA would pay dealer for labor. the problem is NNA is gonna request for the replaced engine for inspection(almost all tranny and engine) if its found that the replaced part was damaged due to misuse NNA charges fees and parts back to dealer... thus the reason why pics were sent to warranty dept for review. before digital cameras were available NNA would have master techs from the regions come out and inspect the veh prior to approving the claim.
would suggest you try to have the service manager have that request made.
NOT sayin you misuse ur veh
but I've seen first hand how warranty part break from neglect (oil sludge, lack of oil) this would throw an arm, burn a ring etc.
try to have NNA tech look at ur veh if they deem its not warranty see if consumer affairs will offer any service credits as goodwill...hiring a lawyer will not help ... NISSAN have corp lawyers ..again this is just a suggestion
Old 06-17-2005, 11:25 AM
VTECHURT

Originally Posted by Qbrozen
30 minutes before redlining? Why? The car gets up to full operating temp in about 5 minutes.
Such a common misconception... the cooling system is @ operating temp within 5 minutes. It takes at least 15-20 minutes before your oil is at high performance operating temp... don't forget it. Take it easy for at least this long if your taking the car out for the first time... especially in cooler climates. Yes... i know it's tough... but then again, it's your investment not mine.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
350zbiturbo

ok so now your suggesting dont get a lawyer on this try to handle it myself through the dealer??, i talked to the dealer and they told me that THEY didnt void my warranty, nissan did, so what no lawyer then or wait for this draft you guys are gonna help me out with?, by the way who would i give this draft too???
Old 06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
nicolaycastro

Wow this is tough... I would not be good a writing a letter to nissan, but I can help with some ideas.

The engine was not taken apart to prove thet the modifications done to the car actually caused the failure.

The misuse prove given (rear tires weared), does not actually prove misuse since other cars have shown similar wear of tires and their engines have not blown.

Well thats about it for know, but I will think of some more. Not much, but its a start.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
what do you mean by draft a firm,
"Draft a firm" is meaningless. "Firm" is being used as an adjective here. You read it (past tense) as a noun.

Originally Posted by bixby
I say we help him draft a firm, agressive response to Nissan
You should be reading this as "a firm and aggressive response."

Sorry to be a grammar ****, but in this case you didn't even understand a correctly written sentence...
Old 06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
LATEZ

My question if your hiring a lawyer ..
How will you proof its a manufacturs defect and a warrantable claim
Old 06-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by LATEZ
My question if your hiring a lawyer ..
How will you proof its a manufacturs defect and a warrantable claim
I thought the point is that the burden of proof is on the car company.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:21 AM
LATEZ

have u seen his list of mods?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:35 PM
bixby

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
"Draft a firm" is meaningless. "Firm" is being used as an adjective here. You read it (past tense) as a noun.

You should be reading this as "a firm and aggressive response."

Sorry to be a grammar ****, but in this case you didn't even understand a correctly written sentence...
Gee, a typo . You obviously understood what I meant. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:29 PM
350zbiturbo

well everyone on these forums, and mike wade at performance nissan says their is no way the mods i have blew the motor, b/c their breathing mods, nothing crazy, i even had a dyno a while back and the guy said i haid the best a/f ratio z of the day
Old 06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by bixby
Gee, a typo . You obviously understood what I meant. Thanks for the help.
Huh, no you didn't have a typo... 350zbiturbo misread your post. I wasn't correcting you, I was telling biturbo how to read the post correctly. Whatever... this is getting to be really old news now,
Old 06-20-2005, 07:49 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
Huh, no you didn't have a typo... 350zbiturbo misread your post. I wasn't correcting you, I was telling biturbo how to read the post correctly. Whatever... this is getting to be really old news now,
Sorry, Misread on my part LOL. And yea, I think we've pretty much beaten this one to death.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by VTECHURT
Such a common misconception... the cooling system is @ operating temp within 5 minutes. It takes at least 15-20 minutes before your oil is at high performance operating temp... don't forget it. Take it easy for at least this long if your taking the car out for the first time... especially in cooler climates. Yes... i know it's tough... but then again, it's your investment not mine.
I find this hard to believe. Where do you get this info? Now, first off, its obviously not just the coolant that gets up to that temp because it is merely absorbing the heat from the engine itself. So, technically, the engine block and head get up to that temp BEFORE the coolant registers it as such. Now I kind of have to assume your assertion that the oil is a bit behind is true just because, by its properties, would take longer to heat. BUT, I think .... oh, wait, now you said 15 minutes rather than 30 minutes. Well, 15 minutes MAY be closer to the truth ... still seems a bit excessive... but then we'd be quarreling over a small difference. 30 minutes was definitely too much, IMO.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:27 AM
350zbiturbo

well if everyone wants to know, my brothers lawyer is really good but he usually doesnt handles things like this, mainly bigger things, he says he will give me an answer if hes gonna take the case by 6 tonite, hes asking me for all the service records that were done at nissan so i have to get those b/c i dont have ALL of them, and he's gonna need the letter that i got from nissan, ill update you guys as soon as i know that some serious action has been taken hopefully he'll take the case and send them a letter, and as soon as i get nissans first reaction ill be posting for you guys, so the next time i post if you want to know whats going on then that will have started the fight to see if nissans wants a battle or not
Old 06-20-2005, 04:26 PM
PureXTZ

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:09 PM
dlaw300z

This does suck and I hope all works out for you but at the end of the day if there is no resolution to this (which sadly seems likely) if you can't afford it, I'm sure if you sold you're HREs that could probably pay for the motor right there. HREs don't do you any good if the car doesn't drive. Just a thought. Sometimes **** happens, its just part of life and you have to take it and move on.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:28 PM
nicolaycastro

also you may not need to buy all the engine may be you just need some pieces.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:49 AM
FairladyZ

Why does it say single turbo in your sig?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:00 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Why does it say single turbo in your sig?
read it again.
It says "soon to come" above it.

Quick Reply: THe Z is DEad