Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Where is .....???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 11:36 AM
dirtyelk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is .....???

In order to do a standstill burnout I've heard you need to remove the brake fuse. I've searched this forums and others, but when i get in the car i can't seem to find the brake fuse. Can someone please explain to me where it is located. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:02 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just turn of Traction Control and Pop the Clutch if you are so inclined.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:44 PM
dirtyelk

I've done that at the track before, but that causes premature wear on the clutch i hear.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:23 PM
MADDOG`

Then don't do burnouts. Anytime you do it slips the clutch and, of course, you wear some rubber off them tires too.

You can't get a good launch without heating the tires so you have a choice. A less than optimum time on your run without a burnout, or, accept some wear on the clutch to do the burnout and get a better time.

Oh yeah...stay outta the waterbox with street tires.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:48 PM
dirtyelk

that wasn't the original question though. All I'm trying to figure out where the brake fuse is located inside the car. I know it located somewhere near the dead pedal, but i don't know what exact fuse it is so i'm just asking for your guys help so i don't pull the wrong one. Thank You.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're concerned with trying to prevent premature wear on your clutch... honestly, it sounds like track is not for you. I'm not trying to discourage you from what you want to do,

but isn't the reason people spend money on upgraded clutch etc., for track applications? Not to mention drag radials if you're serious.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:32 PM
PureXTZ

Originally Posted by dirtyelk
that wasn't the original question though. All I'm trying to figure out where the brake fuse is located inside the car. I know it located somewhere near the dead pedal, but i don't know what exact fuse it is so i'm just asking for your guys help so i don't pull the wrong one. Thank You.
Why would you do all that work to do what your hands already can do? What does the brake fuse have to do with going to the track? Your still going to have wear on the clutch when you launch.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:55 PM
dirtyelk

alright, i'm not too concerned about the wear on the clutch, i was just wondering the simple question where the brake fuse was located, but since nobody can help me i suppose, forget it. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Machupo

Originally Posted by PureXTZ
Why would you do all that work to do what your hands already can do? What does the brake fuse have to do with going to the track? Your still going to have wear on the clutch when you launch.

guess you've never tried a heel-toe burnout on a manual... it's easier on the clutch... unfortunately, you either have to install a brake-line lock or pull the fuse on the brake lights (which also controls the sensor to the ECU which pulls power when both the brake and gas are pressed simultaneously). This way, instead of dumping the clutch to break the tires loose, you have the brake pressed and launch normally but just continue to press the gas... no more wear on the clutch than taking off from a normal stoplight.

I'm not a big burnout freak, usually, i just clean rocks off the tires off with a quick spin, but everyone drives differently...

IIRC, the fuse box is located behind the interior panel just to the left of the clutch pedal. Brake fuse should be labeled... I'll dig my shop manual out of the garage in the AM if you still can't find it

good luck!

and for you ignorant ****ers... get a clue before you criticize someone else's methods:
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/119626-line-lock-converters.html
Old 06-11-2005, 08:14 PM
dirtyelk

Machupo, thank you very much for the needed answer, i truly appreiciate it. that'd be great if you could pull the manual out and just set me straight on exactly where it is. The method of heating the tires up is what i was talking about because i knew about the power loss issue with the brake and gas pedal at the same time and thats why i was wondering the location on the brake fuse.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:31 PM
DayBlueZ

This one.
Attached Thumbnails Where is .....???-fusebrake.jpg  
Old 06-12-2005, 11:52 AM
dirtyelk

DayBlueZ, thank you for the picture, i appreciate it greatly. Thanks again.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:28 PM
UsafaRice

Originally Posted by sq40
Just turn of Traction Control and Pop the Clutch if you are so inclined.
Does not work for a really good burn. The car still senses what you're doing and closes the throttle- TCS/VDC off or on.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:47 PM
DayBlueZ

Anytime
Old 06-12-2005, 08:15 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Machupo
guess you've never tried a heel-toe burnout on a manual... it's easier on the clutch... unfortunately, you either have to install a brake-line lock or pull the fuse on the brake lights (which also controls the sensor to the ECU which pulls power when both the brake and gas are pressed simultaneously). This way, instead of dumping the clutch to break the tires loose, you have the brake pressed and launch normally but just continue to press the gas... no more wear on the clutch than taking off from a normal stoplight.
Pardon my ignorance. But can you do this with the parking brake instead?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:25 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

The parking brake works on the rear tires (except for some older Saabs).
Old 06-12-2005, 09:23 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
The parking brake works on the rear tires (except for some older Saabs).
I definitely misunderstood. So this is to perform a wheelspin in place. Never tried that. Well... not on purpose anyway
Old 06-14-2005, 06:47 AM
tonio

lol the guy had to pull teeth just to get an answer. Are you going to practice any before you go to the track dirty? I wanted to know the exact same thing, I just got some slicks and wanted to be sure I do a good burnout.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by UsafaRice
Does not work for a really good burn. The car still senses what you're doing and closes the throttle- TCS/VDC off or on.
It does??? Hmmmm... interesting that I have had a few occassions where the car has stood completely still and smoked the tires all the way to the rev limiter in 1st gear. Are you SURE it closes the throttle with VDC off? If so... well ... i can't explain how I've done my burnouts.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:55 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by Qbrozen
It does??? Hmmmm... interesting that I have had a few occassions where the car has stood completely still and smoked the tires all the way to the rev limiter in 1st gear. Are you SURE it closes the throttle with VDC off? If so... well ... i can't explain how I've done my burnouts.
+1. With VDC off you can pretty much burn the tires to the cord.

Quick Reply: Where is .....???