Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

3 tickets in 1 night.... need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 AM
VeeTec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suck it up and accept responsibility for your actions.

You're lucky you didn't get charged with racing and reckless driving.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by palmerwmd
Sports Cars are meant to be driven fast and yes raced

Its been a real henhouse around here lately..

Fred..
Racing in a straight line on a highway isn't racing, pal.

Oh look, I can downshift and floor my gas, I'm a racer!

Get yourself to a real race event, some time at the drag strip or even an AutoX, guarantee you'll get embarassed when you realize that your "mad street racing experience yo" doesn't count for **** in a real performance situation.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by palmerwmd
Sports Cars are meant to be driven fast and yes raced

Its been a real henhouse around here lately..

Fred..
This is a pretty weak excuse. So you are saying that it's OK to turn a public roadway into your own personal racetrack and put at risk other people's lives just for your own personal pleasure. Owning a fast, powerful car doesn't give you the right to put the lives of others in jeopardy. Out by where I live, street racing and sideshows are a real problem, we always hear about the aftermath of those things on the news.

You're in the Army, you probably use or have access to firearms. Guns were meant to shoot things and yes kill things. So by your logic, those of us that have access to firearms should just go discharging them haphazardly in public because they were meant to shoot targets. So, why don't you do it in the city where you live? Because, there are laws that prohibit it and because you run the risk of injuring or killing someone. A car can be a weapon also and the risk of injuring or killing someone is why they don't allow street racing on public roads.

God forbid if someone you know is injured or killed because someone had a car that was meant to be driven fast and did so on a public road. Take that stuff to the track or to a legally organized event and have a blast without fear of tickets from the police.

Last edited by Aggro_Al; 07-03-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:05 AM
elms350Z

That's funny because I don't see "speed contest" on there. I live San Diego, CA. And they take that pretty seriously around here. If you were here you would of got arrested, car impounded, and slapped with a big fine and 2yrs informal probation. But if you're lucky like I was(mind you this was about 4yrs ago) I sat in the cruiser cuffed for about 20 mins which seemed like hours to me, and they only wrote me up for "speed contest" and I think "wreckless driving", and the court gave me 2 yrs imformal probation. The probation period stated if I was caught with anything to do with racing I would get my license taking away. If I was watching a race or even as a passenger in a car that was racing I would have violated my probation. Also you don't get an PO hence "informal." So consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by elms350Z; 07-03-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:17 AM
palmerwmd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amnbex
Racing in a straight line on a highway isn't racing, pal.

Oh look, I can downshift and floor my gas, I'm a racer!

Get yourself to a real race event, some time at the drag strip or even an AutoX, guarantee you'll get embarassed when you realize that your "mad street racing experience yo" doesn't count for **** in a real performance situation.

Thanks for assuming I havent been at both..
(which I have)
Also I dont claim any "mad street racing experince"

Dont read into things..
Old 07-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Jim Yandell

I nearly lost my life last summer, rear-ended by a steet racer like you. I hope you get jail time. If you want to race, go to your local track.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:36 AM
nlsqba

Originally Posted by Jim Yandell
I nearly lost my life last summer, rear-ended by a steet racer like you. I hope you get jail time. If you want to race, go to your local track.
I dont consider myslef a street racer - both my skills and my car are not good/fast enough. Adding a muffler, intake and a few stickers DOES NOT make you a racer

You cant put all people into one category... I got t-boned by an older man once and totaled my car... but I dont generalize that all older people should have their DL taken away! Thats kinda stupid dont you think?

I have friends in Europe that are real racers and personally I feel safer going 140miles on some side street with them then driving 55 miles with my grandpa on the empty h-way.

As you see everything is relative!
Old 07-03-2005, 11:39 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Then move to Germany!
Old 07-03-2005, 11:40 AM
CAN0802

"Marked" most likely refers to the type of vehicle used, in this case, a "marked" car, meaning it actually looked like a police cruiser, complete with the identifying stickers, lights, etc. Other types would be unmarked, aircraft, and even photo radar.
You raced though, time to pay the piper. Seriously, you are lucky she didn't throw you in jail.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:57 AM
nlsqba

Originally Posted by zand02max
Then move to Germany!
I have a question. As I see in your profile you are supposed to be a policeman. As a policeman (symbol that we all should refer to) you should not be speeding...

Then why would you need a V-1? People who do not speed do not need V-1?
The other thing is tints. As far as I know they are mostly illegal. And Mr. Policeman is having them!

Thats just being ignorant! I dont know if you are just jealous that some younger kids can afford Z or you are just one of those people with double standards?

I belive in walking your talk! So you you want to preach you should have some principles 2!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:00 PM
imoz

You are such a fool. Why don't you go to court and tell the judge this idiotic argument of yours? See how receptive he or she is.

If you don't adjust your attitude you are going to wind up either killing yourself, getting locked up in jail, or worse - killing someone else.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by nlsqba
I have a question. As I see in your profile you are supposed to be a policeman. As a policeman (symbol that we all should refer to) you should not be speeding...

Then why would you need a V-1? People who do not speed do not need V-1?
The other thing is tints. As far as I know they are mostly illegal. And Mr. Policeman is having them!

Thats just being ignorant! I dont know if you are just jealous that some younger kids can afford Z or you are just one of those people with double standards?

I belive in walking your talk! So you you want to preach you should have some principles 2!
Why would I be jealous of younger people owning Z's? LMAO! Most Z owners are young due to the price range of this sports car!

1. Since when is owning or operating Radar detectors illegal? Last I checked there was only a few states that outlaw them, VA, DC, to name a few, and guess what, I DON'T LIVE THERE! So you're saying since I own one, I must speed all the time? WRONG answer again Bob Barker! I speed only on Interstates ( and thats maybe 3 times a year I travel) and it is usually 1-10 mph over, thats what the detector is for. SO I guess you could say the detector is actually a waste of money. Most folks use them just as I intended it for, not for racing or wondering where the next cop is hiding in the city!

2. Since when is Window Tint illegal? Ever seen a Police Car with tinted windows? Once again, I don't live in a state that outlaws tinted windows. Last time I checked, I did not live in North Dakota! Tinted windows is for the sunlight, security at night, not for rolling blunts, MORON!

3. Quit portraying me a some type of criminal or being double standard, Get a life, pay your fines, fix your broke a$$ Z, and learn from your mistakes!

Last edited by zand02max; 07-03-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:24 PM
The Liu Man

I dont consider myslef a street racer - both my skills and my car are not good/fast enough. Adding a muffler, intake and a few stickers DOES NOT make you a racer
Uh...

so does that mean you have to own a damn ferrari to qualify as someone who drives fast and puts them and other peoples' lives in danger?

you don't need "skillz" to race. it's just putting your foot down on the gas pedal. i've seen geo metros race civics. skill/car means nothing. your actions are what dictates whether or not you are a "racer" and you clearly belong in that category.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:35 PM
HighwaySpeed

"The incident happened around 11pm and the highway was relatively bussy at that time" "I was passing cars on the exit-lane" "I dont consider myslef a street racer - both my skills and my car are not good/fast enough" "I know I was lucky cause she could put 95 miles and put me to jail for reckless driving"

Pay For Your Mistake, Live And LEARN!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Aggro_Al

I don't care what you drive or what your skills are. If you are doing any type of road competition on a public road that hasn't been legally organized, you are putting yourself and other's in danger. Just be luck nobody got injured and all you got were a few tickets. Learn from this because the alternative is not so great.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:43 PM
nlsqba

This is my last response to this thread. I am not going to argue with anybody.

Drive safe.

Last edited by nlsqba; 07-03-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:11 PM
texasGJ

And I by any means have created any unnecessary danger to other car drivers.
Hmmm...
Old 07-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Teez Zee

You are a young 2 ignorant f***.
I hope that the judge puts you in jail so that you wont be a menace to the rest of us.
Street racing should have been sufficient to have your car taken away from you while you still get to make the payments.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

I think we agree that his actions weren't responsible. Honestly, lately here in
Virginia there have been more and more cases of accidents involving younger
individuals where street racing was suspected. The track is the best and only
place where you should be testing the limits of your car.

At the same time old and young we all have and continue to do stupid things
on the road. Speeding, quick lane changes, etc. that put others around us in
jeopardy. The point is that street racing is bad, but so is driving irresponsibly
in general. We all make mistakes, so let's cut this guy a little slack. At the end
of the day, after all the a$$ pounding from everyone in this thread I'm sure
street racing is the last thing on his mind. I think the thing to be learned here
is not simply to NOT street race, but to simply drive responsibly... in a sports
car or not. Just my 2 cents.