Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This is BULLSHAT I'm furious!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:00 PM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry This is BULLSHAT I'm furious!!

I'm faucken furious I just got back from METRO NISSAN in Montclair.

So here it is I went in for the grind from 1st to 2nd, so I took a tech for a drive and it did it 2 times out of 5 exactly the time I told them it would.

He went on telling me it was my fault it was grinding, that it was ABUSE and NEGLAGENCE

DAMM i got pist he said the car is not supposed to be driven and abused like that and that I should drive normal and this wouldnt happen.

I told him if I wanted to drive normal I would have bought an Altima.

So they said it was my fault and they wont fix it

What do I do?!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
heezyo2o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try another dealer.

Next time let the service guy drive the car and let him try to replicate the problem. True, the car should be driven hard, but not in front of a tech guy you are trying to get warranty service from.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:23 PM
jackwhale

You can also ask to speak with the Nissan regional representative. I think that he/she is the one who makes the determination to cover expensive warrantee items like a transmission.

How does the dealer know that you abuse or drive the car too hard? I wouldn't overemphasize to them that the car is a sports car and should be pushed to redline each time. Just demonstrate the grind from 1st to 2nd while shifting at 3500-4000.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:34 PM
RED HOT Z

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
Try another dealer.

Next time let the service guy drive the car and let him try to replicate the problem. True, the car should be driven hard, but not in front of a tech guy you are trying to get warranty service from.

ok then how am I supposed to duplicate the problem
Old 07-28-2005, 04:37 PM
RED HOT Z

Originally Posted by jackwhale
You can also ask to speak with the Nissan regional representative. I think that he/she is the one who makes the determination to cover expensive warrantee items like a transmission.

How does the dealer know that you abuse or drive the car too hard? I wouldn't overemphasize to them that the car is a sports car and should be pushed to redline each time. Just demonstrate the grind from 1st to 2nd while shifting at 3500-4000.

no no the grind doesnt happen from 3500-4000 just at redline havent you heard of this issue before plenty of people on this forum have it.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:05 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Your always mad at someone, Red. Have you considered you may be the problem?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Z BOY

he's not "red hot" for nothing
Old 07-28-2005, 11:37 PM
B-Unit

LOL, this thread is funny.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:09 AM
The Mike

So he's slammin the car to redline with the tech in the car? I'm guessing he drives the car like that all the time as well and is wondering why its breaking down. In stock form it can't take the constant hard shifting ab(use).. I doubt any car will. Should just install some aftermarket racing clutch, flywheel setup instead. More durable for that purpose anyhow. I'm no expert.. just my 2 cents.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 AM
elms350Z

This used to happen in my 05 but it shortly went away. I first noticed it last month when I grinded maybe 3-4 times as you stated. But now it works fine, and the clutch is still as aggressive as normal.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:29 AM
NissanZfan

Originally Posted by The Mike
So he's slammin the car to redline with the tech in the car? I'm guessing he drives the car like that all the time as well and is wondering why its breaking down. In stock form it can't take the constant hard shifting ab(use).. I doubt any car will. Should just install some aftermarket racing clutch, flywheel setup instead. More durable for that purpose anyhow. I'm no expert.. just my 2 cents.

In defense of Redhot, you ***-u-me that he takes it to redline everytime going through the gears. Maybe that is not the case, once in a while if you have the urge to go fast you will take it to redline. In that case the car should operate normally, and should not grind. If taking it to redline is the only way the tech will witness the problem, well then thats what needs to be done. On the z booklet you get from the dealer on the bottom it says shift temptation. Well, hell if you get the temptation then the car should not grind AT ALL. Maybe I don't know what IM talking about and the guy drives the car into the ground, if that is the case you get what you deserve.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:53 AM
The Mike

Originally Posted by RED HOT Z
I told him if I wanted to drive normal I would have bought an Altima.
that's what gives me the impression that he's redlining every chance he gets popping 1st to 2nd, ect. so if it breaks down quicker it just makes sense. Racing costs $ to maintain.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:26 AM
Prelude1897

Why would you drive it hard in front of the Tech in the first place He could've just voided your warranty just for doing that. Try taking it to another dealership and see what they say
Old 07-29-2005, 03:47 AM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I must say I've been to that dealership and when I showed them my tire feathering and brought over a printout of the TSB they refused me without even looking at the TSB....
Old 07-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Sly_Z

Sounds like the dealer has issues. Take your car to another dealer. I had the same exact problem with my tranny last year and one dealer blame it on the Nismo shifter install, so I took it to another dealer and got a new tranny and clutch under warranty.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:06 AM
BigMike

Originally Posted by The Mike
So he's slammin the car to redline with the tech in the car? I'm guessing he drives the car like that all the time as well and is wondering why its breaking down. In stock form it can't take the constant hard shifting ab(use).. I doubt any car will.
I have to disagree. Owning 2 Porsches in the past, I ran them hard almost every day and never had a problem. It all comes down to the fact that the 350Z has the same drive train as every other car in the Nissan line. It might have better suspension (which is questionable), but its basically a 2 seater Altima, Maxima, Frontier, Xterra, etc. Its a fragile car that can't take hard driving and/or people that don't know how to drive a car hard (probably the latter). I'll bet people that own Xterras and drive them offroad much (like in the Nissan commercials) will be told by the dealer their truck isn't meant to be driven like that. Nissan is the worst auto company I've ever seen when it comes to standing behind their product.

As far as Red Hot getting his car fixed, an adult attitude would probably go a long way. He sounds like a hot head and probably puts the service writer on the defensive 5 seconds after stepping foot in the service department.

Its a stark contrast in forums between my350z.com and a Porsche forum. Porsche owners and generally Engineers or business professionals. If I had to make a big generalization about 350Z owners that are on this forum, its mainly younger males in their 20's that don't have the first clue about what a sports car really is and are more worried about big rims, new exhaust, and stereos. Oh yeah, and can't write a post without a ton of grammar and spelling errors.

I know there are many 350Z owners on this forum that don't fit that description, but for the most part, that's what I see. Feel free to flame away because I'll just laugh at your silly posts.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:37 AM
ZlleH

Your post is pretty unfair. I've seen many porsche owners act like ********, and not in the forums, but in real life. The only difference I find is that they sprinkle some snobby attitude to go along with their a$$hole attitude.

Originally Posted by BigMike
I have to disagree. Owning 2 Porsches in the past, I ran them hard almost every day and never had a problem. It all comes down to the fact that the 350Z has the same drive train as every other car in the Nissan line. It might have better suspension (which is questionable), but its basically a 2 seater Altima, Maxima, Frontier, Xterra, etc. Its a fragile car that can't take hard driving and/or people that don't know how to drive a car hard (probably the latter). I'll bet people that own Xterras and drive them offroad much (like in the Nissan commercials) will be told by the dealer their truck isn't meant to be driven like that. Nissan is the worst auto company I've ever seen when it comes to standing behind their product.

As far as Red Hot getting his car fixed, an adult attitude would probably go a long way. He sounds like a hot head and probably puts the service writer on the defensive 5 seconds after stepping foot in the service department.

Its a stark contrast in forums between my350z.com and a Porsche forum. Porsche owners and generally Engineers or business professionals. If I had to make a big generalization about 350Z owners that are on this forum, its mainly younger males in their 20's that don't have the first clue about what a sports car really is and are more worried about big rims, new exhaust, and stereos. Oh yeah, and can't write a post without a ton of grammar and spelling errors.

I know there are many 350Z owners on this forum that don't fit that description, but for the most part, that's what I see. Feel free to flame away because I'll just laugh at your silly posts.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:26 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike

I tend to agree. Many more 20-somethings are driving Z's than Porsches and their attitudes are very evident on the forums. I would bet I can nail the age of many forum posters within a couple of years just based on what they post.
And you should not be driving the sh*t out of the car with the dealer rep in the car - maybe once to show them, but not as if you drive like that every day. You drive almost ANY car like that every day and you are going to have issues. FYI the only time mine grinds like that is when "I" miss a shift. And I do drive like that on occasion.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:27 AM
zzz350

this forum is entertaining, keep it up!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:35 AM
arejohn

Generally speaking, I have to agree with bigmike when I compare Z forums to Jaguar and Volvo. And it's all not the age of the owner. Look at focaljet.com SVT. Real data over there - before and after dyno charts, race info, micro-code history and changes made for updates. Ford, or dealer employee input- on a car that sold 4k units in each of 3 years. Yes, there's some trash on those other sites but nothing like Z owners.
They are also literate enough to communicate with meaning and not substitute misspelled words from George Carlin's list.

Like George Burns once said "with good you get bad."

Quick Reply: This is BULLSHAT I'm furious!!