Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the Z...again

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:28 PM
BENSIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the Z...again

Recently I was clocked a little more than double the speed limit, I'm going to court soon and plan to be basted in BBQ-pepper sauce, then roasted before being skewered and chewed up. Oh yea, this is in Jersey, so I'm sure they're going to be real nice to me. Unfortunately since I'm not super rich, this is going to set me back a good bit, either way it's going to be lawyer fees, suspended license, MEGA FINE, etc...

Thanks a lot you damn PIG.

Road was clear, dry, no traffic just me and another car, that was the stupid thing though since we stuck out like sore thumbs. Like I said in some other thread on the racing forum, LESSON LEARNED...

Get a radar detector!

Flame on

Last edited by BENSIN; 08-14-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:33 PM
elms350Z

Ouch man, it happens and you knew what you were getting into, so I wouldn't blame the cops. I don't encourage Road Racing, but I've done it many times, and no matter what the conditions, you endanger others. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:33 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you did double the speed limit on a public street and your pissed at the cop? Was it the cops fault you were doing double the speed limit?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:10 AM
King Tut

I tell you what I have never seen this much cop bashing on one forum in my life and I have frequented alot of forums.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Electricchild

elms is right--- save it for the closed tracks guys... road racing can affect many people--- and also think about the families of those people.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:35 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Why does the cop have to be a pig? Typical hate relationship until you need the police, then its thank you Officer.

In my opinion, your the pig for driving recklessly!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 AM
BENSIN

There was zero traffic, the only traffic was me and the other car, it was almost 2 AM, that's what I did that was stupid, racing with only me and one other car on the highway...we stuck out like sore thumbs. It wasn't a street, it was a highway.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:44 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by BENSIN
There was zero traffic, the only traffic was me and the other car, it was almost 2 AM, that's what I did that was stupid, racing with only me and one other car on the highway...we stuck out like sore thumbs. It wasn't a street, it was a highway.
Just curious what you were clocked at? I bet triple digit speeds! Your lucky you didn't get taken in.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Clapton9286

I agree with the rest of the people; you did double the speed limit. As much as I love speeding in a generally safe setting (10-20 over), I don't think doing "double", which was prolly what, 120-130, is safe. Even at 2am.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 AM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by zand02max
Why does the cop have to be a pig? Typical hate relationship until you need the police, then its thank you Officer.

In my opinion, your the pig for driving recklessly!
Hey, I thanked the 'officer' for my over the top punishment considering the conditions, with no sarcasm or cynical tone. Hey, I never had a cop there when I needed one anyway, I'll say this much. There is a big difference between an officer and a pig, and this guy was a pig.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 AM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
I agree with the rest of the people; you did double the speed limit. As much as I love speeding in a generally safe setting (10-20 over), I don't think doing "double", which was prolly what, 120-130, is safe. Even at 2am.
less than 110
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 AM
PDX_Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Street -- highway -- doesn't matter.

2AM is even worse.

Everytime you're out in a car, you need to realize that you're wielding a DEADLY WEAPON. The sooner you realize that, the sooner that you'll take that stuff to the track -- during the day -- where it belongs.

I've seen rear-end accidents where people were going THE SPEED LIMIT on dry pavement at night. Your headlights provide, at most, about 2 seconds of reaction time, and it often takes 3 seconds to react at night. You do the math...
Old 08-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Clapton9286

hmm..and what highway were you on? Usually NJ highways are 65 or 55 right? So double we're talking anywhere between 110-130.

Eh, doesn't really matter.

Point is..the cop is certainly not a pig for pulling you over going that speed. I can understand one being called that when they pull you over at 5 over, but nearly double? Cmon man, you win some and you lose some!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:48 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

less than 110
So you were doing betwwen 105 and 110 and you say the Officer was a pig.

Was the ticket just for speeding or did he get you for reckless driving and street racing?

Say bye bye to the low premiums you now pay.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:51 AM
BENSIN

They were never low to begin with, but I will say that racing is now going to be done on a track only.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Clapton9286

Yea, I don't like messing around like that b/c I don't need to get nailed with insurance, esp. when a Z is a nice payment already.

I can't wait to hit a track though..that's going to be yummy..haha
Old 08-15-2005, 07:53 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Well after this, I doubt you will be able to afford your new premium.

GL and I hope you leanred your lesson the hard way, but at least you learned without crashing yourself or soemone else up.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:18 AM
BENSIN

Well honestly that was the 2nd race I had, I even had a bad feeling about it considering it would be easy to spot us. Nonetheless, I would never race with traffic, the roads were literally dead, it was me and one other car, 3 lanes, I'm telling you it was dead empty, it was a straightaway and by the time I got to the underpass/curve he stopped us at I was doing 50. If he stopped us and gave us a ticket, okay fine, but this guy hit me really hard, had a crystal clear driving record previous to that.

I see people going WELL past 110 on here and other forums, he's a pig because I could have gotten off with a lot less. Keeping in mind I've never been pulled over before, no tickets, I don't even speed (aside from this time and one other time.), honestly I consider myself a careful driver and would even have attempted anything like that if there was anyone else on the roads, take that as you will.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
you did double the speed limit on a public street and your pissed at the cop? Was it the cops fault you were doing double the speed limit?
+1

you blame the cop for doing his job. he'd be doing us all a disservice if he let you
go. sure we all speed at times. but that's the risk you take. chalk it up to a real
expensive lesson and learn from it. but why call him a pig because he caught you
breaking the law?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:04 AM
#15Blade

Well honestly that was the 2nd race I had, I even had a bad feeling about it considering it would be easy to spot us. Nonetheless, I would never race with traffic, the roads were literally dead, it was me and one other car, 3 lanes, I'm telling you it was dead empty, it was a straightaway and by the time I got to the underpass/curve he stopped us at I was doing 50. If he stopped us and gave us a ticket, okay fine, but this guy hit me really hard, had a crystal clear driving record previous to that.

I see people going WELL past 110 on here and other forums, he's a pig because I could have gotten off with a lot less. Keeping in mind I've never been pulled over before, no tickets, I don't even speed (aside from this time and one other time.), honestly I consider myself a careful driver and would even have attempted anything like that if there was anyone else on the roads, take that as you will.
Actually, he let you off easy. At those speeds he doesn't have to give you a ticket, he could have charged you with a felony and arested you on the spot.

Quick Reply: Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the Z...again