Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the Z...again

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:35 AM
jdg345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolverineut
Do I think there should be speed limits on highways? No. Did you know that there are fewer accidents on the autobahn then on U.S. highways? Probably not. And guess what, the autobahn does not have a speed limit. Fact is, speed does not kill. As I said, inattentive drivers and intersections do.
FWIW, the autobahn is probably a bad example. You see, over there ... you actually have to have half a brain to get a drivers license. In the States? Not so much.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sentry65, wow, you were totally screwed by the man. He was tailing you. Let's see, oh yea, that IS illegal. How nice, that he can break the law, isn't it? Total pig thing to do. You have every right to be pissed at that cop, and not just the situation. I guess you could have pulled over. Then again, if it was some crazy lunatic, he might have pulled over too and done who knows what. So, you did what you thought was most prudent, and sped up to try and lose him. But, being that it was a pig, he then proceeded to pull you over. Again, I say he was a pig because of the situation, not just because he is a cop. Instead of pulling crap like that, he should have just pulled you over for doing 85, and THEN ran the license plate, in a safe situation.

I had a pig try and pull something similar to that on me once. I was doing 74 in a 65 and had a cop follow me for THIRTY miles to see if he could catch me doing something worse. I didn't know he was there. Not until I finally saw him and slowed to 70 did he pull me over.

yeah, it's a little fuzzy now, he didn't really start tailing me up my *** until he was just about to throw on his lights

before that he was like a car length behind me following me cause I was driving in lower gears occasionally flooring it for a sec, making lot of noise having some spirited fun being within 5mph of the rest of traffic. I think I was letting myself slow down to 75 then flooring it to get up to 85 thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal cause i'm still within 5mph of the flow of traffic. There was no one ahead of me for a football field length or so, but it doesn't matter.

It wasn't until I broke free of traffic and noticed this guy still following me that I floored it to 93 and let off the gas. At that point he came up within 2-4 feet of my car going around 86mph by now that i've let off the gas and he threw his lights on.

My cop was very much a holier than thou good boy cop. People can get a lawyer and go to court, but a lot of times cop cars have video cameras these days...You better for sure know what happened, cause the video won't lie

Last edited by sentry65; 08-16-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by BENSIN
Conditions were different man and I had no passenger I will never race with someone being in the car with me.
How were conditions different? What if you would have blown a tire? That's unreal even at 60mph, imagine at 100+ ... unless your thinking is that if you're going to go, let it be quick.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:28 AM
BENSIN

How were conditions different? I was on clear, straight highway, dry road, no traffic whatsoever, no passenger and I was wearing a seat belt. No poles nearby, it wasn't on back roads, or even a main road...

If I blew a tire I'd be dead or close to it, but I recently got new tires so the danger of blowing a tire was slim to none and there was nothing in the road.

The driver was probably thinking just like Bensin. (Thinking that just because he was going fast, he's not endangering anybody.)
Does that last line make any sense to you? 'Just because I'm going fast, doesn't mean I'm endangering someone.'

That's definitely not how I was thinking...because there was no one else there, I wasn't endangering anyone and I didn't have a passenger. If the other guy I was racing lost control then that would be his fault and his problem. If you can't keep a car going straight in such wonderful driving condition, then you shouldn't be driving at all.

I did what I did in conditions as safe as they get outside of a straight track in the same weather conditions. What I did was wrong only in the eyes of the law...

Last edited by BENSIN; 08-16-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:31 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by BENSIN
How were conditions different? I was on clear, straight highway, dry road, no traffic whatsoever, no passenger and I was wearing a seat belt. No poles nearby, it wasn't on back roads, or even a main road...

If I blew a tire I'd be dead or close to it, but I recently got new tires so the danger of blowing a tire was slim to none and there was nothing in the road.
Few things really ... the other poster didn't say if it was wet, dry, etc, so we can't really know for sure if the conditions were different. Now, you mentioned you were on a highway ... most highways have poles, either exit poles or light poles or something. And for you to say there was nothing in the road is hindsight -- you don't know what's on the road in front of you.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:36 AM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by jdg345
Few things really ... the other poster didn't say if it was wet, dry, etc, so we can't really know for sure if the conditions were different. Now, you mentioned you were on a highway ... most highways have poles, either exit poles or light poles or something. And for you to say there was nothing in the road is hindsight -- you don't know what's on the road in front of you.
lol, well there was air in front of me...
Old 08-21-2005, 08:53 PM
ZValkyrie

Originally Posted by B-Unit
Youve got to be kidding me with this line!!! From this and this alone, i can guarentee that you are under the age of 20, and thats a guarentee. Your mind is incapable of looking at things for their consequences and all you think a car is for is showing off! What a joke, its people like you that sportscar owners a bad name

Wow, you are so wrong!! Just from your answer I can tell you have some rage issues! I've noticed a definate teen-hate theme in your posts....lol Not the purpose of the question. I just thought that people should lay off Bensin. Can everyone here say that they have NEVER done anything remotly like that? He said lesson learned. We've all learned them.

Originally Posted by B-Unit
FWIW, the autobahn is probably a bad example. You see, over there ... you actually have to have half a brain to get a drivers license. In the States? Not so much.
So, there are fewer accidents,and they are aloud to go as fast as they want. So, maybe speed isn't what's dangerous...hmmm
I think that the US should be a little more selective as well then. Just my opinion,

Last edited by ZValkyrie; 08-21-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:01 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by ZValkyrie
So, there are fewer accidents,and they are aloud to go as fast as they want. So, maybe speed isn't what's dangerous...hmmm
I think that the US should be a little more selective as well then. Just my opinion,
You'd have waaaay less legal drivers here then. Licenses there are more expensive and simply harder to get. You actually have to pass a test, not to mention take classes. Less people there are caught driving without a license too -- why? Because the penalties are that much more harsh ...
Old 08-22-2005, 07:34 AM
PDX_Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Of course, drivers like me, then there would not be anymore accidents. As I said, I have never been in an accident.
I've see *A LOT* of drivers who "have never been in an accident" but have been the cause of a lot of them. Do you manage to "just avoid" being in those accidents that "just happen to occur behind you?"
Old 08-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
I've see *A LOT* of drivers who "have never been in an accident" but have been the cause of a lot of them. Do you manage to "just avoid" being in those accidents that "just happen to occur behind you?"

I always thought that was weird, all those accidents that just happen behind me.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Clapton9286

I always thought that was weird, all those accidents that just happen behind me.
ROFL...all those "strange" occurences that happen to the side and right behind me..man..i'm like Mr. Bean or something!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:05 PM
jdg345

:lol: