Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Z is ruined...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let he who has not done (at least) one stupid thing in his life cast the first bent fender.

(Which means I won't be throwing the first fender).
Old 09-03-2005, 06:55 PM
MacRayZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignore rabbid, you live you learn. You pay for your education and it is expensive. Just don't let people like rabbid keep you down for an accident. It is just that; an accident.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:00 PM
NTRIGUE

Glad you're Volks weren't installed. $4000 not insured
Old 09-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you and your GF STILL arguing?? or...did she find a new guy with a car who can take her out?? Some girls don't like taking the bus to the movies ...LOL

As you can see, I have ZERO sympathy for you. You destroyed a car just because you were showing off = juvenile, irresponsible behavior.

Maybe your parents will be kind and help you get a '92 Honda Civic with AT or something....LOL

Last edited by Racer Z; 09-03-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Navygold

Seriously...how fast were you going? I want to put a speed to the pictures...see how the Z does and doesn't hold up at X mph crash.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:36 AM
JRinTXrog

WTF, There is not a strait body panel on the whole car. Looks like you hit more then a tree
Old 09-04-2005, 06:50 AM
KenWH

Originally Posted by JRinTXrog
WTF, There is not a strait body panel on the whole car. Looks like you hit more then a tree
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe other trees came over to kick the sh*t out of the car for killing one of their own.

I bet your girls bro crapped his pants watching you do that.

Glad your ok. Just look at it as a hard lesson learned and move on.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Rampage

Sorry about your loss and the lack of sympathy here. We have all made very stupid mistakes in our lives, many of them while driving. Some of us were just lucky enough not to have had the tree be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. My brother and I raced cars for 6 years. We know their limits. Yet he made a mistake driving his street car one night that cost him his life. Thank God that you are alive and learn from this. You are luckier than you know.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
scrapy

i am sorry for your loss
Old 09-04-2005, 06:58 PM
VQ35DEV6

Just be glad your okay .. a lot more could have happened .. what if there were kids playing in the yard the tree fell over into? ignore the haters .. I'm pretty sure they drive PERFECTLY and have never been in any type of accident what so ever.. if that's not the case .. I honestly think they have no right to say **** .. but then again there really are *dumb a$$es* .. keep your head up bro .. and remember one word .. charma ..
Old 09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
4everZ

hey man- that’s one bad wreck -glad no one was hurt. I can somewhat relate, a few years ago, I picked up my sister's $45K Benz from detailing to take it to a dealer to be sold. I was doing her a favor since a customer was ready to buy and she couldn’t make it on time.

To make a long story short, I went down an off ramp a little too fast and the car just started spinning out of control - the ramp was a long curved one with concrete wall on each side -I think I hit those walls more than 10 times on every side of the car - I kept bouncing from once side to the other like a ping-pong ball (airbags never deployed!) - that Benz was almost beyond recognition - I wasn't hurt though and luckily no one else.

The insurance company paid for the car and the amount was more than that customer wanted to pay!! my sister was happy at the end and things worked out. I take off-ramps extra careful till today. Learn from your mistake and Stay safe…
Old 09-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Clapton9286

I agree with some previous statements..it looked like you hit more than try and had to be going quite fast to get that kind of damage.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:51 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. I've never seen a factory wheel shatter like that before.

You know, for all the pain it causes my eyes to see another trashed Z, and my wallet for the insurance hikes bound to drain it...I've yet to hear of anyone getting hurt wrecking this car. Can you say S-O-L-I-D?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:11 PM
KenWH

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile

Wow. I've never seen a factory wheel shatter like that before.

You know, for all the pain it causes my eyes to see another trashed Z, and my wallet for the insurance hikes bound to drain it...I've yet to hear of anyone getting hurt wrecking this car. Can you say S-O-L-I-D?
I cracked two wheels like that when a guy failed to yield and plowed into me while I was driving an RX300. We were doing 40mph and witnesses said we rolled 4 times. The other two wheels were ripped from the rx with the upper and lower a-arms still attached. In other words it takes a crap load of force to do that kind of damage.

The z is a very safe car...every crash test report I see gives it top ratings. It's good to see those ratings holding up in real world crashes. It truely looks like the z's crash worthiness is saving lives. Wrecks are going to happen...just be glad the Nissan engineers(and the man above) is lookin' out for us.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:42 PM
shady z

Whoo damn! I'd like to reiterate the ideas that I'm sure none of the people judging you right now have ever done ANYTHING stupid in their lives...

Sucks to see ANYONE have that happen, I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hope you learn from it...

I had my fair share of idiotic moves in my younger years, and luckily I never did anything this bad to a car of mine, but only by the grace of the universe...

I can think of more than one instance where one slight change in the road/someone coming the other way/etc would've ended me up like this... again, sorry for your loss and I hope you learn from it...

Shady
Old 09-04-2005, 09:46 PM
zweetredline

thanks guys... i have definitely learned my lesson... i did hit more than one tree (i see that some of you said it looked like I hit more than a tree)... I hit a boulder (decoration rock) with the left back rim (which is why it cracked the way it did) which ping-ponged me head first into a tree (which I initially tried to avoid but hit the boulder instead). after i hit that tree i managed to hit two other trees (another ping pong effect)...

I thank the Lord... i have a greater purpose
Old 09-05-2005, 05:04 AM
BigTones

Hey zweetredline,
Thanks for posting your pictures and sharing your story. I'm young too, and sh.t like that sticks in your mind, especially when you got a mate in the car and mashing the pedal to show off. You don't come off looking so cool when you gotta walk home, or get a free trip to the hospital. I'll remember your pics and think twice before doing some stupid sh.t in future.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
skip2daZ

Originally Posted by BigTones
Hey zweetredline,
Thanks for posting your pictures and sharing your story. I'm young too, and sh.t like that sticks in your mind, especially when you got a mate in the car and mashing the pedal to show off. You don't come off looking so cool when you gotta walk home, or get a free trip to the hospital. I'll remember your pics and think twice before doing some stupid sh.t in future.
+1
Old 09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Z Rider

Sorry bro.......that freakin SUCKS!!!
The good thing is that you live another day to drive again......maybe another Z!!! Good luck
Old 09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
AdrenalineFX51

If there is any good that can come from a situation is that you are here to tell the story and maybe even save a few lives if they see what happens even in a temporary lapse of judgement.