Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Maxima owners flameing the 350z wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005 | 11:22 AM
sanf

it's almost like the big bro is hating the younger bro just because the younger one is better looking and has more gfs. afterall, we are all under the Nissan tree.. just forget about it
Old 08-19-2005 | 11:31 AM
VO...
Administrator

BlackBIRDVO is a turd. Hater.
Old 08-19-2005 | 11:47 AM
Skull001

Do you know what posters do on the Porsche forum when Subie-lovers bash/rip on Porsche?

Nothing.

They laugh a little, but those comments are largely ignored/disregarded.

Nissan owners bashing on other Nissan owners is pretty WEAK.

Haters hate because they have to.
Old 08-19-2005 | 12:54 PM
03performz

Does anyone like the previous body style max better then the new one? I used to love them but the new style just seems so fugly...it's like a stretched out beetle. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing back but this was one big reason not to get one as a second car...I'm going with the TSX.
Old 08-19-2005 | 04:37 PM
Montez

Originally Posted by 03performz
Does anyone like the previous body style max better then the new one? I used to love them but the new style just seems so fugly...it's like a stretched out beetle. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing back but this was one big reason not to get one as a second car...I'm going with the TSX.
Yes the 02/03 Max Nissan had the Max just right......just the right amount of Luxury and Sport and get up and go and it looked sporty. New has the get up and go as well but the look.........A friend of mine whom is a Sales MGR at Bankston Nissan Dallas said that when they get 02/03 Max's in they dont stay on the lot long at all.
Old 08-19-2005 | 05:26 PM
ryanhartnett

this was 15 minutes of my life that I can't get back.

I think all cars have their +'s and -'s. Buy whatever blows your hair back.
Old 08-19-2005 | 06:49 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

My 88 maxima was the best thing ever lol
Old 08-19-2005 | 08:48 PM
Equalizer

OK...I'm to lazy to read through all of this but I thought I'd add my .02cents...

Ok, first off, I am INDEED from the maxima.org but I and not claiming side's.I just have to say, i think the guy that posted that thread was mad because of some problem between him and a Z. Now as far as a Z being more "sportier". i believe the maxima can handle just as well, but will need more modifications, but on the other hand, ITS A FAMILY SEDAN! Now you have to admit, it is quick indeed for it's size and somewhat a sleeper"ish" car. I know of a guy who ran his 2002 Maxima 6spd STOCK a 14.0! then constant 14.1's for the rest of the night. and There is another guy with a older body style maxima who ran a 11.5 on the 3.0L motor and has now swapped in a 3.5L motor and also turboed that and is expecting 10's!

SO, NO. The maxima MAYNOT be able to handle as well as the Z, but can get it some comp. and with no problem give him comp. in a drag and or topend run.

Now my reason for posting this is, I'm tired of seeing one group of people saying something negative about another car and it comes back to that cars"base" and is taken to a whole new level. I even read on here, a few guys HAD love for the max, but now dont?!?!?!?! because of one comment? I mean come on now. If it were someone else and they said something about a R34 skyline let say, and what they said was negative. You might LOVE that car, but might not like some things about it. So if your in a group with your friends discussing the car, OFCOURSE your going to maybe make your negative thoughts worse and start to "dog" the car. it also maybe because of the reason you "think" of your car as the best of the best.

Now i think the Maxima should be given a little more respect due to the fact that the 02+ use the same VQ35DE. So your car is doing Just as good as WELL driven maximas in the 1/4 and topend. but you've got more HP and TQ and in cornering your better stock for stock because of the simple fact, FWD vs. RWD and 4dr vs. 2dr. and other differences.

So, I left my .02cent's and now I shall return to my forum, but will still browse through here to see what feedback i will get from you all.

Take Care.
Old 08-19-2005 | 10:33 PM
cloudy

I think the part that was pissing off Z owners is that Maxima owners were claiming that our cars handled poorly, looked horrible, was slow, and cheap interior? When this is coming from guys whose cars are far worse in all categorys then the Z, possibly not interior, but everything else ya less superior.

You can make any car fast... so some1 saying they did an engine swap and turbo and to expect 10s, which i doubt he will, doesnt mean anything in my book. I can go get an astro van and do an engine swap and other mods to make it fast... But at the end of the day, what is it? A Astrovan. If you maxima owners really wanted a sporty car and to go fast, why get a maxima, and flame Z owners?
Old 08-19-2005 | 11:31 PM
PhxBlue

I actually like the 6th gen Maxima and would buy one for a second car If I were to get rid of the QX4.
Old 08-20-2005 | 07:03 AM
AZZGUY

Default Maxima VS 350Z

I bought a 1990 350ZX new - traded it in 1995 Maxima - I was sorry ever since! When the 350Z came out I knew I had to buy one! Finally got an 04 - with 18000 miles on it now - great car!!
Old 08-20-2005 | 09:35 AM
2slow4me1990

let them flame away....we'll see them on the track :]
Old 08-20-2005 | 10:37 AM
Equalizer

I understand what you all are saying but I can't answer for them..I personally would get a Maxima over a Z ONLY because i like to have a backseat (I'll let you all guess why). And is also decent speed for 4doors with out going into the sport compacts.

Originally Posted by cloudy
I think the part that was pissing off Z owners is that Maxima owners were claiming that our cars handled poorly, looked horrible, was slow, and cheap interior? When this is coming from guys whose cars are far worse in all categorys then the Z, possibly not interior, but everything else ya less superior.

You can make any car fast... so some1 saying they did an engine swap and turbo and to expect 10s, which i doubt he will, doesnt mean anything in my book. I can go get an astro van and do an engine swap and other mods to make it fast... But at the end of the day, what is it? A Astrovan. If you maxima owners really wanted a sporty car and to go fast, why get a maxima, and flame Z owners?
I'll keep you posted on his time's. Just keep in mind..11.5 on 75shot and stock VQ30 block.. NOW VQ35, BUILT, 125SHOT...i think low 10's are more in his range.. and just for the record. He ran with FULL BODYKIT. AND INTERIOR only remove spare tire.
Old 08-20-2005 | 03:22 PM
elms350Z

Maxima drivers are funny... okay if it makes you guys feel better your cars are up there with the Z. Happy?
Old 08-20-2005 | 04:27 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by Equalizer
I understand what you all are saying but I can't answer for them..I personally would get a Maxima over a Z ONLY because i like to have a backseat (I'll let you all guess why). And is also decent speed for 4doors with out going into the sport compacts.

I'll keep you posted on his time's. Just keep in mind..11.5 on 75shot and stock VQ30 block.. NOW VQ35, BUILT, 125SHOT...i think low 10's are more in his range.. and just for the record. He ran with FULL BODYKIT. AND INTERIOR only remove spare tire.

If i wanted something with 4doors i would of gone with an Evo .
Old 08-20-2005 | 04:42 PM
2slow4me1990

Originally Posted by cloudy
If i wanted something with 4doors i would of gone with an Evo .
same with me man.

p.s. what part of az are you in?
Old 08-20-2005 | 04:46 PM
DEMON1C

"Now as far as a Z being more "sportier". i believe the maxima can handle just as well, but will need more modifications"

That's just it. Keyword being modifications.
cloudy

Scottsdale.
cloudy

Originally Posted by DEMON1C
"Now as far as a Z being more "sportier". i believe the maxima can handle just as well, but will need more modifications"

Plus more then that.... gotta take in the weight/body roll difference :P.
Old 08-20-2005 | 05:58 PM
elms350Z

Originally Posted by DEMON1C

Hehe...well you can modify pretty much any car to be what you want it to be with enough money. The point is it's a Maxima lemme spell it out - Maaaximaaaaaa. Why buy a Maxima and spend money modifying it, then compare them to the Z's??? Hmmm...

Quick Reply: Maxima owners flameing the 350z wtf?