Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Reasons why the Z is superior to everything else!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 12:44 PM
DBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, I don't think most folks are going to cross shop between a Ferrari and an Z. Maxima? G35? These are sedans, unless you are referring to the G35 coupe? Why stop there?

Z vs. F150 - Price, 909 factor

vs. Suburban - Price, It's a SUV
vs. Camry - Secretary car, looks
vs. Bentley - Price, Too Many Ganstas Like Them
vs. Econoline Van - Size, Too many at the airport
vs. John Deere Riding Mower - Acceleration, Single seater
vs. Tricycle - Acceleration, No ABS
vs. Popsicle - Melts Too Easily, High Carbs
Old 08-20-2005, 02:05 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, for the extra $30,000 I could get a twin turbo with built engine and get a custom interior done for the 350Z. I don't understand your point. I would still want the look of the 350Z over the M3. Looks are subjective so that is why _I_ prefer the 350Z look.

Originally Posted by SB Track
Z interior sucks. The Carrera S 997 is the best car you can buy. Looks, performance, build quality, luxury... You name it. Also, you forgot to put M3 on their, which is a 1000x better buy than the Z. For $60,000 you get world class performance and build quality. Thank you, drive through.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:18 PM
tad2480

Default M3 is isn't a really sports car

Hi-

The M3 isn't a relaly sports car, more of a GT coupe. Its not that fast and doesn't handle that well. I believe the Z handles better. Look at them side by side, and tell me which one really looks cooler, the Z just doens't have a fancy badge on the hood.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:39 PM
plumpzz

I still think a Audi TT and Z4 are awsome cars. TT responds amazing to simple mods and the Z4 just looks sick w/ some money invested in the car. Speed isn't always that important.. having a pimp car and the overall goodies is whats the ish Performance wise, Z is very average or slightly above average. I still love my Z though. As Wired 24/7 said, the Z hits that niche in the market.. low price, good power/torque.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:45 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tad2480
Hi-

The M3 isn't a relaly sports car, more of a GT coupe. Its not that fast and doesn't handle that well. I believe the Z handles better. Look at them side by side, and tell me which one really looks cooler, the Z just doens't have a fancy badge on the hood.
First of all....WOW! You've been registered here for over a year and this is your first post!?!?! You picked an odd one to start out on.

The M3 is a sport sedan, I believe. It may not be a sports car, but its' performance is close enough to the Z's that it's a fair comparison on that front. Looks, price, practicality are all hard to debate since it gets kind of 'apples and oranges' on those topics. I think the M3 is a great car and would love to have one in addition to my Z.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:08 PM
ZlleH

I guess it depends how many Zs are in your city. Where i am, the Z is the exotic and people stare at my car more then the Z4 or audi TT. And looks must be subjective because I don't like the look of the z4. I could have bought a bmw z3 or mercedes slk if I wanted a "name" car but I bought the Z for the looks. This car gets major attention in my city, I love it

Originally Posted by plumpzz
I still think a Audi TT and Z4 are awsome cars. TT responds amazing to simple mods and the Z4 just looks sick w/ some money invested in the car. Speed isn't always that important.. having a pimp car and the overall goodies is whats the ish Performance wise, Z is very average or slightly above average. I still love my Z though. As Wired 24/7 said, the Z hits that niche in the market.. low price, good power/torque.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:10 PM
rlee60

The Z my not be the best car out there in it's segment, but I think it is a great car. Even with all of the problems that it has, I still believe that for the price point and looks, many other car companies are still trying to create their version of the 350Z. I glad that I have one after many years of lusting after the great 280z's and 300zx's past.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Skull001

Hi-

Are you kidding? The E46 M3 is a monster (and the E90 that's coming out will be even better).

333 hp, 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds, and 0.91g on the skidpad, and it's "not that fast and doesn't handle that well"?

I love my Z, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and BMW has built a mean machine.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Clapton9286

Originally Posted by Skull001
Are you kidding? The E46 M3 is a monster (and the E90 that's coming out will be even better).

333 hp, 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds, and 0.91g on the skidpad, and it's "not that fast and doesn't handle that well"?

I love my Z, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and BMW has built a mean machine.
Touche, but its not a sports car if you take a purist-esque definition.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:54 AM
ZlleH

Again, you can take the extra money saved on the Z and put in a twin turbo and built motor and spank the Bimmer's a$$ and still look better and less expensive to boot.

Last edited by ZlleH; 08-21-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:16 PM
r26

i am fan of cars in general. cars are priced for a reason. hard to say one is better than the other. porsches may be expensive, but what a feeling it must be to drive an awesome car and know that there won't be four other porsches driving beside you. z's are great, but you don't feel that differentiation when there are so many out there due to the lower price on them.

p.s. m3s are awesome.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:19 PM
r26

"Again, you can take the extra money saved on the Z and put in a twin turbo and built motor and spank the Bimmer's a$$ and still look better and less expensive to boot."

not trying to start any wars here. i love my z. but a scion owner can say the same thing. they can drop $3,500 down and kill our zs.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:27 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r26
i am fan of cars in general. cars are priced for a reason. hard to say one is better than the other. porsches may be expensive, but what a feeling it must be to drive an awesome car and know that there won't be four other porsches driving beside you.
You must not be from Metro DC. I see more Porsches on the road here then I do Z's, and I'm quite serious. This is a ridiculous place to live.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:42 PM
ZlleH

But like I stated in my earlier post, looks are subjective to ones taste. I would rather have the look of a Z then a M3. So I'd rather spend the saved money on the twin turbo and built motor on the Z. I wouldn't get a scion tC because I don't like the look of them, so I wouln't bother to spend the saved money to build them up. I don't know what's so hard to understand. I'm not saying the Z is superior, but I think it is priced right for what you get.

I'm not a bimmer or porsche guy, I wouldn't say no to them if they were given to me, but I love the look of the Z. I'm sure others have the oppisite taste. Personally, I could never get over the way the porches nose looks like a duck bill.

Oh, btw, there are more porsches in my city then 350Z. I see more porches then I see the Z. So in my city, the 350Z is the exotic.

Originally Posted by r26
not trying to start any wars here. i love my z. but a scion owner can say the same thing. they can drop $3,500 down and kill our zs.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by plumpzz

Average? With a stock 350z? What kind of world do you live in? For $30,000.00, the Z has as much horsepower & torque as any other car for the same price or less. And just as much or more hp/torque then some vehicles that cost more.

But lets get back to "average". The 350z has MORE horsepower and torque then probably 90% of the vehicles on the road. At least on my planet. Not sure which one you are from.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Spideynw

Oh, and if I my original point wasn't clear, the starting of the thread, I do think the 350Z is the best you can get because of its mix of looks, performance, and price. But that is solely my opinion.

If looks are not so important to you, and performance is, then the SRT-4, EVO, or STI are probably better choices.

If price is not important, then the field is wide open. If price was no objective, then I would go with a Ferrari, Viper, Lamborghini, M3, or any other multitude of high end sports cars.

If performance is not as important, then there are a multitude of vehicles for $30k or under that might suit you better.

Point is, the 350z IS superior to every other vehicle, but if and only if you want superior looks and great performance at a reasonable price.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Skull001

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Again, you can take the extra money saved on the Z and put in a twin turbo and built motor and spank the Bimmer's a$$ and still look better and less expensive to boot.

This is true (and, sure, you can modify any car and kick the crap outta any OTHER car if you have the $$$ to spend), but the poster said that the M3 wasn't fast and doesn't handle well, and I can't seem to agree with that assessment, given the numbers (and that's stock).
Old 08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Skull001

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
Touche, but its not a sports car if you take a purist-esque definition.

Yes, and Road and Track seems to agree with your definition (and therefore they excluded the M3 from their sports car comparison, March 2005). But I think that folks can still look at the M3 and say that it's a strong performer, objectively, right?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
ZlleH

I think he means for the price you pay for an m3, it's not up to par with the performance he would like it to have. Basically, you are paying for the name of the car.

This is true (and, sure, you can modify any car and kick the crap outta any OTHER car if you have the $$$ to spend), but the poster said that the M3 wasn't fast and doesn't handle well, and I can't seem to agree with that assessment, given the numbers (and that's stock).
Old 08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
elms350Z

Hi-

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. I think for the most part the E46 beats the Z on all levels. Track, acceleration, top speed, braking, etc... I love the Z but I love E46 even more, it's just a better car overall, performance wise.

Quick Reply: Reasons why the Z is superior to everything else!