Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z is now at Capitol Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 06:02 AM
ZON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z is now at Capitol Nissan

I waited along time for it to arrive at Capitol this afternoon. It finally arrived, on a truck bed, at about 4:30 PM.

I don't want to get into a big long novel about what I discovered since it's all been covered. But I will say one thing about the Daytona Blue color, it's mezmerizing. In the sunlight it looks like a candy blue metalic, beautifull and it kind of glowed in the sunlight, stunning. Pictures have been real good but do no justice at all, relatively. Anyone who ordered Daytona Blue will be quite pleased. If it's not too late to change my color then consider it changed, but I fear it's too late.

I sat in it and it fits me like a glove. I'm 5'11", 200 lbs. and it fit me perfect. Trying the seat in all sorts of adjustments and found that fit that makes me a part of the cockpit. I felt like what an F-16 pilot must feel like. WOW!! Interior materials all up to par for the money, quite pleased.

The Z will be at Capitol until 4:00 PM thursday according to them.

ENJOY!
Old 06-27-2002, 06:43 AM
NissaNZ

How far are you from Los Angeles?
Old 06-27-2002, 06:44 AM
netviper

does the tilt mechanism give you a fair amount of heigh ajustment since u played with the seat
Old 06-27-2002, 07:49 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I saw it there too! The Daytona Blue is AWESOME! I am so glad I ordered that color. It was far better than I had even hoped. It's true that pictures do not do it justice. The same can be said for the car -- it was incredible to see it. In Pictures it sometimes looks a bit awkward with that gaping grille, but up close the grille is down low and all you see is a mean-looking almost cat-like machine with jewel-like headlight "eyes" glittering with striking details.

I sat in it too. Lots of headroom! Beautiful interior. Needless to say I am very excited right now. Got lots of pictures. I can upload some if anyone's interested.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:02 AM
netviper

sure upload some pics. did you read my last msg
Old 06-27-2002, 08:03 AM
azmo

yes yes very interested. Id love to see some more pics..cant get enough. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:28 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Here are a few of the pics, scaled down so they're not too huge. The photos are not great, but I hope they help to satisfy at least some of the cravings out there. (Yeah, that's me in the car in 1 and 2).

(Image didn't work as an attachment. Here are links to files hosted elsewhere:)

I played with the steering wheel and there is lots of up/down travel and the instruments move with it. I played a bit with the seat. Lots of adjustment room. The seat feels really good and supportive.

Capitol Nissan is in San Jose (Capitol Expressway auto mall) and according to the salesman the car will be there for 24 hours, which will make it until 4:30PM tomorrow (Thursday).

Last edited by z350z; 06-27-2002 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:41 AM
azmo

How tall are you z350? I want to compare our heights to get an idea of how high my head will sit. Im 5'10.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:55 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I am 5' 9.5" (close enough to 5'10" !) and I was amazed by the amount of headroom. I could have worn a hat inside (if I were so inclined).

Other things I noticed:
  • Nicely functional sunglass holder.
  • Convenient but kind of flimsy front cupholder (the rear ones are less convenient but more sturdy).
  • Nice smooth flip-up action on the middle storage/nav door, but seems kind of useless as a storage area (maybe a few CDs?)
  • Very nice interior with thoughtful details everywhere, like a big handle on the door for the passenger to grip, but none for the driver (that's what the steering wheel is for!)
  • Rear storage is reasonably large, but of course limited in height by that humongous brace
  • Gearshift felt really good, with nice positive clicks into gear, short throw, and a very obvious feel as to what gear you're in.
  • I was not impressed by the alarm system, which I set off (in the dealership!! ) simply by opening the door from the inside after locking it. Not good -- I am hoping this is due to some setup problems by the dealer.
  • I didn't like the look of the 7-spoke wheels (base/enthusiast model) as they were very obviously painted grey and didn't have an aluminum/alloy look at all.
  • Massive crowd appeal -- everyone was knocked out by the looks. My wife LOVED it, and she's kind of hard to please (she only likes really sexy sports cars and thinks anything else is boring.)
Old 06-27-2002, 10:39 AM
ZON

Originally posted by netviper
does the tilt mechanism give you a fair amount of heigh ajustment since u played with the seat
Um, ya I tried the tilt mech. also and for me the back of the seat situated relatively verticle there was plenty of adjustment for the steering column/gauge cluster to meet me in the eye. And that set up (column/gauge cluster) is pretty cool. I would say it had about 4" of total travel top to bottom. But the position I liked was with the seat back reclined almost all the way with the seat not quite all the way moved back, so my feet can reach the pedals, and the column/gauge cluster tilted all the way down. That really gave me that "at one with the thing" feel and it was good. Pretty cool my friends, pretty cool. But again I can't get that color out of my head, just a great color.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:17 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG! The guy at the back of the car in pic two HAS NO HEAD!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Old 06-27-2002, 02:49 PM
john0213

u mean.............handicap!?
LOL~