2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Gripe, Gripe, *****, *****, Moan, Moan

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 12:35 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gripe, Gripe, *****, *****, Moan, Moan

We've had bad weather in the DC area so I hadn't driven my Z for almost two weeks. Since I wasn't driving it, I spent more time here than normal. Reading about people who don't like the interior, who think the sound system sux, orange peel, lack of power (huh?), who hate the antennae, whatever. Well, all I can say, is now that I'm driving my car again after a couple of weeks off, I LOVE THIS CAR. For all of you who are unhappy with the car, I feel bad for you, because you must just go through life just looking for things to complain about -- which probably means your nor very happy with your life. But for all you complainers out there, even it makes you feel better to complain, knock yourself out. But as for me, I think NISSAN has made a GREAT CAR and I couldn't be happier with it!!
Old 12-17-2002, 12:48 PM
justwant1

robbyn...I couldn't agree more. I have been more than satisfied with this car. I was floored the first time I got behind the wheel and drove. In the business I'm in, it's all about exceeding expectations, well, Nissan has definitly exceeded my expectations and I'm guessing a lot of other peoples as well.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Old Skooler

Damn straight, I agree. I've been lucky and had NO major problems (that are Nissan's fault, at least), and I couldn't be happier. BTW, D.C. still got all those crappy potholes? I grew up in Ft. Washington, so I know D.C. better than I know Maryland...
Old 12-17-2002, 05:11 PM
azjimbo

Great post robbyn.This car has been critically acclaimed mostly all good(C&D 10 best list,Automobile Mag Car of the Year and hottest new car of 2003).Just some of the great things wriiten about the Z.All for 27-34K.Nothing on the road looks as cool as this car.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:54 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by Old Skooler
BTW, D.C. still got all those crappy potholes? I grew up in Ft. Washington, so I know D.C. better than I know Maryland...
No, not really. Snow removal is BETTER, roads are BETTER, schools are BETTER, EVERYTHING is BETTER in DC since we finally got rid of that joke of a mayor, Marion CRACKHEAD Barry!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Old Skooler

Heh. Pretty damn hard to forget him. He made Clinton look like Santa Claus. Good to hear. I should go back and visit someday. Way things look though it'd probably be around 2007...
Old 12-18-2002, 04:56 AM
montemac

Default Totally agree Robbyn

Living in Leesburg, VA., that snow week killed me. I couldn't wait to get out and drive my Z again.

I too love this car and couldn't be happier. (DB, touring w/aero). You are right. Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. I have no orange peel. Car has loads of power and then some. Bose is fine for me. What more could you want in a sports car??

God I love this car. Look for me on the road. As soon as my personalized plates come in, i'll be "zlishus".
Old 12-18-2002, 06:21 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Default Re: Totally agree Robbyn

Originally posted by montemac
Living in Leesburg, VA., that snow week killed me. I couldn't wait to get out and drive my Z again.

I too love this car and couldn't be happier. (DB, touring w/aero).
You B**turd! You got the exact car I wanted I couldn't wait and got a Super Black Touring instead.

I couldn't wait to get back out either.. I caved in and drove the car last tuesday, and have been driving it since.

I'm living in Ashburn. My personalized plates should be in next month.. my regular title and tags should have shown up today. Still on temp tags.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:38 AM
montemac

Default flynnibus

My husband wants me to leave "my" car in the garage until at least February. You've got to be kidding me!.

Yeah, Yeah, I understand about the salt/sand and all that. What are you gonna do? The car is going to get dirty eventually and it's not like I'm going to go looking for the salty/sandy roads to drive on.

I just keep reminding him that he bought the Z for me for my Christmas/Birthday present and you better believe that when the roads are clear of ice and snow, I'll be out there.

He finally admitted he was jealous! I don't know why, he has a new Pathfinder

What are your personalized plates going to say?
Old 12-18-2002, 06:39 AM
350zSpeedRacer

While some complaints have been legit (i.e. bad trannies, etc.) most I've read about have been pretty frivilous. I still don't have my car, but I couldn't be more excited about getting it! Who really cares about little things like the antenna? You can replace it, if you don't like it! As for interior complaints, by now, it's really easy to see a car in person, so if you have that much of a problem with it, maybe the Z isn't for you afterall.

All I'm saying is that I'm going to love my car for what it is and what I can do to it to make it crazy fast! I'm not looking for anything more than that.

Enjoy!
Old 12-18-2002, 07:11 AM
olzilver

I got no gripes, etc. As a matter of fact, I just got the break-in oil out this morning and put in 5W-30 Mobile 1. I noticed a difference. She's smoother and has a little better pick-up. I love this car. What's not to love? No problems with her for me. This car continues to amaze me. As for it being underpowered-hell, ain't 5.4 & ~ 14 enough except for the real fanatics? Those #'s beat all but a few other cars. There will be faster models, but isn't that normal during horsepower wars? Shoot, feel good that Nissan brought the car back to us to enjoy. IMHO.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:46 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

I'm very happy with mine as well. Nissan did an outstanding job on getting back to the Z "roots" Though I sympathize with those with problems the quality of this vehicle is as good or better than
other Nissan products I've owned in the past.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:06 AM
VaGentleman

For all those who like to complain about their Z, just do yourselves a favor, turn in your keys and drive something
like this:

Attached Thumbnails Gripe, Gripe, Bitch, Bitch, Moan, Moan-part7b.gif  
Old 12-18-2002, 08:31 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by VaGentleman
For all those who like to complain about their Z, just do yourselves a favor, turn in your keys and drive something
like this:

LMAO!!