2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

for perspective touring owners, and current too

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 01:22 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default for perspective touring owners, and current too

I just got the bose fix in my touring. and Ive heard lots of things about it. and well, let me say; it fixed the problem 100%. the car works as it should.

now if some people think it should have worked better, I think some expectations may have been a bit high. while Im sure aftermarket would sound better, I knew that from the start, but the bose was a bit easier to have.

anyway, hope this helps somewhat for those curious about how the fix works. and yes there is still bass, not HUGE bass, but IMO the amount of bass it can put out without distorting the sound as it did before the fix when the bass would raise up very high.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:41 PM
BigZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At what Volume?

Are you happy with the clarity and bass response at all volumes or only at 20+?

It seems as though the AutoPilot opens up and provides better gain at the higher volume. Possibly due a bug in the design.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:44 PM
ares
Veteran

I actually havent taken it over 20, thats about right where I stop. Im afraid of blowing a speaker, and I hear they are very expensive to replace. but between 15 and 20 has good bass with good clarity as well.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:20 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you keep apologizing for this system? With a 10" sub it should have a TON of bass response. There's no excuse for anything less!

Glad you're happy, but making excuses is not the way to go about getting this misrepresentation on the part of Bose AND Nissan fixed. Sounding like sh*t is one thing and subjective from person to person, but for a system to not deliver the ADVERTISED PERFORMANCE OF 240 WATTS is inexcusable.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:36 PM
k2we

I had my amp replaced weeks ago and while listening to a new jackson Browne CD, I cranked the Bass al the way up and brought the volume to +31 which is as far as it goes.. I could see the windows bouncing from all the Bass.. I parked the car and walked away a bit with the CD playing and the Bass was still bouncing my ear drums.. I'm very pleased with the sound of the radio.

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY

Touring/6MT/Chrome Silver mats & side air bags.. 4100+ miles in 12+ weeks
Old 12-18-2002, 03:54 PM
davez

I just got my car last week, and I dont like the system at all.
I am not being picky but my Pathfinder Bose system sounds 100% better. Plus my girlfriends 03 Altima's Bose sounds awesome. I thought it was going to sound even better than that being theres a 10" sub in it but it dosent. I dont know what to do. I didnt order the touring just for the bose but it was nice that the system in it was supposedly a better system than the other models. I hope they can find a fix for this.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:48 PM
ares
Veteran

Originally posted by droidekaus
Why do you keep apologizing for this system? With a 10" sub it should have a TON of bass response. There's no excuse for anything less!

Glad you're happy, but making excuses is not the way to go about getting this misrepresentation on the part of Bose AND Nissan fixed. Sounding like sh*t is one thing and subjective from person to person, but for a system to not deliver the ADVERTISED PERFORMANCE OF 240 WATTS is inexcusable.
it is what it is, and it is 240watts of sound, perhaps you are unfamiliar with how much that is... there are many 200watt subs around, forget about 240 for the whole system. but this is only aftermarket.

as for 10" sub, are you sure about that? Ive never heard of bose using such a large Sub. they used a 4" sub in the RSX-S. but I dont know what they used in the Z, just didnt realize it was a 10" sub.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:06 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares
as for 10" sub, are you sure about that? Ive never heard of bose using such a large Sub. they used a 4" sub in the RSX-S. but I dont know what they used in the Z, just didnt realize it was a 10" sub.
Please tell me you're kidding.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:12 PM
ares
Veteran

*shrug*

owell just thought id share, if you expected super duper aftermarket like sound, i could have told you months ago youd be disappointed. but now with the fix, it is what I expected from the upgraded factory system.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:47 PM
SirZaLot

So, say an aftermarket sound system with all the same specs as the Bose.......... will it sound much better than the Bose system we have now???
Old 12-18-2002, 09:59 PM
ares
Veteran

if you bought high quality speakers, yeah it might. I have no idea, never had an aftermarket sound system, this ones better than any stock system Ive had.

but I am also not sure of anyone that puts a 240watt system in a car. they ussually have atleast 100-150 watts to the sub alone. can be even more, then theres like another 6 speakers to power.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:39 PM
SirZaLot

Originally posted by ares
if you bought high quality speakers, yeah it might.

But I am talking about when all the specs are the same. If that is true, then Bose is really
Old 12-19-2002, 05:30 AM
BigZ

Default Ares.. Crank it!

Why are you so scared to bring it over 20? Try it.. then you'll notice how sh**ty the sound is below 20! The sound should be more linear than this. At 20 and below .. I bet the sub is only getting about 25W.. before the fix it was getting much more.

I have have an idea what to expect since I have purchased many vehicles with decent to upper end factory systems... and this system doesn't come close. 240Watts, if clean ... can be all you need.. you don't need 500W to 1000W unless you're driving very large drivers. Also... Bose uses lower impedance speakers to maximize the speaker response with minimal power!

The system is lacking and definetely needs work.... this is not what we paid for. If the bass response, mid-range, and treble responded the same at lower levels as it does at 20-25.. I would be content!
Old 12-19-2002, 05:47 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

My system sounds great to me. While I had complaints before the
"fix" the new amp corrects the old faults. It's not a 10k system but it's worth what I paid for it. I highly recommend Touring owners add XM radio however.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:04 AM
BigZ

Default HD Radio

I'm not putting my investment inot XM radio.. I'm looking forward to HD radio which will be free.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:51 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

I don't look to XM radio as an investment but it's a good way to waste 200 bucks or so it you like listening to CD quality sound w/0
commercials or at least VERY few. The good thing about XM or the other brand is you can get it right now and the sound thru the Bose system is as good as CD, in fact I rarely listen to CD's now. HD radio is still a ways off and will be a welcome addition but it'll still be loaded with commercials and 10 bucks a month is worth hearing music and not commercials. What I want to get across to other touring owners is XM sounds much better than the radio - both in quality, lack of commercials, and the sheer number of stations to choose from.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:59 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Thumbs up I just had my amp swapped!!

Originally posted by BILL T
My system sounds great to me. While I had complaints before the
"fix" the new amp corrects the old faults. It's not a 10k system but it's worth what I paid for it. I highly recommend Touring owners add XM radio however.
And I think it sounds a lot better! I guess I am not expecting too much to begin with, so it sounded fine. I am not an audio guy, but it is on par with the BMW Harmon Kardon systems I had. It's worth the money for those who like nicer than stock sound but don't want to put extra money for after market stuff!!!