Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really torn between the G and the Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 06:31 AM
350Z007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really torn between the G and the Z

I have been researching each of these cars for a while now. I've decided if I buy a Z or a G it will be an 06 so that means that I'll probably wait till Feb. sense the G's aren't coming out till then. I like the outter styling of the G a little better than the Z. It is sleeker I think and I don't really like the antenna on the Z (I know you can buy shorter aftermarket ones that helps the looks). I like leather in my cars and I noticed that the track model Z doesn't have the option of leather. I like the brembo's and the diffusers that the track model comes with though, but how are the clothe seats? I figured I could get a touring model and then add better brakes later like StopTechs or something. I like the idea of a two seater where as the G has a small backseat. I also like the fact that I can get the Nismo 19's installed at the dealership along with other Nismo parts like floor mats, shift ****, etc. I plan on modding the car. Not forced induction but NA mods like intake, exhaust, cams, etc, etc. What is your take on the two cars. I know this is a 350Z forum so your a little biased. I really want to know how the clothe seats are though.

Last edited by 007G35; 09-27-2005 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:39 AM
Lerxst

You can't go wrong with either car. If you like the look of the G, I'd go with that and mod what you don't like. You could even pull the back seat and mod the interior.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all on personal taste. I was in your place before I got my Z. I test drove the Z and the G for a month. One time I even test drove the Z and then drove across town right away to test a G35c to see how they feel back to back.

1. I eventually picked the Z because I felt like I was part of the road more with the Z. The G was too smooth, it didn't feel like a sports car to me. The Z is lower I believe as well.

2. I liked the sexy interior of the Z. The G's interior looked too old for me. Wasn't my style. And what's up with the grad father analog clock in the middle dome?

3. The Z's exterior look won me over from the G. (I was planning to get a G in the first place because I could drive it in winter) I decided to keep my jetta as a winter beater and have the Z's sexy look in the summer.

4. I didn't want to buy a sports car that had 4 seats in it.

Now, someone with a G could come and tell you that the oppisite of all 4 of the points I stated for you is the reason why they got the G instead of the Z. It's all personal taste and what you are looking for.

The local meets we have, I see 350Z, G35c, and G35s. We all admire some aspects of the other's car.

Last edited by ZlleH; 09-27-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:30 AM
lamaz

The way I see it, you should probably get a G. The G is the more "bland" version of the Z. The G is for the person who wanted a Z but didn't go for it because ________. (Fill in your own blanks).

The Z is a car that you instantly fall in love with. You can't learn to love a car (or another person) it's just a matter of feelings.

kleenex moment brought to you by

-LamaZ
Old 09-27-2005, 07:34 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by lamaz
The way I see it, you should probably get a G. The G is the more "bland" version of the Z. The G is for the person who wanted a Z but didn't go for it because ________. (Fill in your own blanks).

The Z is a car that you instantly fall in love with. You can't learn to love a car (or another person) it's just a matter of feelings.

kleenex moment brought to you by

-LamaZ
Your right, although the more I look at the Z the more I start to like the looks of it. Do any of you know if I do get a G can I still have the Nismo parts installed at the dealer?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:41 AM
elms350Z

You'll find that many members here encountered the same cross road. If you haven't test drove them both, that would be my 1st suggestion. Personally, I was in love with the G and didn't like the design of the Z too much, I thought it was very simple looking. But after test driving the Z I fell in love with he handling, interior design, and the fact that it was a 2 seater. I realized I wanted a sports car feel over luxury. It was the right decision for me and I never regretted it. I hoped that was helpful, good luck.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
ANXIOUZ

If you have the money and like the look of the G, get the G.

I don't like the look of the G as much as the Z, and I didn't have the money. So I got a Z.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Zeromus

[QUOTE=007G35]I like leather in my cars and I noticed that the track model Z doesn't have the option of leather.QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is going to be a grand touring model for the '06 coupe that has everything the track does (brembos, etc) in addition to all the amenities of the touring (leather, bose, AT if you want it, etc.) - so you could get the best of both worlds.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:56 AM
350Z007

[QUOTE=Zeromus]
Originally Posted by 007G35
I like leather in my cars and I noticed that the track model Z doesn't have the option of leather.QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is going to be a grand touring model for the '06 coupe that has everything the track does (brembos, etc) in addition to all the amenities of the touring (leather, bose, AT if you want it, etc.) - so you could get the best of both worlds.
your right I just saw that on the nissan website. Wow, that makes the Z even more appealing as the G doesn't come with brembo's anymore and I can get the Nismo 19's installed at Nissan.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:59 AM
cessna

Both are nice,

Do you want a pure sports car or a luxury sports car....thats the real question!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by lamaz
I actually don't agree with that, sometimes you aren't in love with a car and the more you look at it and the more lines and curves you see in it the more you like it, then one day it dawns you, Hey even though I wasn't really into this car when I first saw it I REALLY like it now.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:02 AM
jr662

If your having second thoughts you should get the G. The Z is for enthusiasts that know automatically and dont have second thoughts. They know what they want from the get go.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:17 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by jr662
If your having second thoughts you should get the G. The Z is for enthusiasts that know automatically and dont have second thoughts. They know what they want from the get go.
I'm definately an enthusiast as you can see I own a pretty modded Evo. So that is why I started looking into the Z more closely and steering away from the G.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Adibese

I didn't know I wanted the Z from the get-go. I was torn between the G and Z as well. I test drove both twice at different dealers. Then I came across a PPW Z and knew it was my baby. I went for an hour long test drive, at twice the posted speed limit, as the salesman conducted business over the cell. He was pretty cool. But yes, the Z feels better as a driver. It's pretty much the 4 seats that had been pulling me towards the G.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:29 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by Adibese
I didn't know I wanted the Z from the get-go. I was torn between the G and Z as well. I test drove both twice at different dealers. Then I came across a PPW Z and knew it was my baby. I went for an hour long test drive, at twice the posted speed limit, as the salesman conducted business over the cell. He was pretty cool. But yes, the Z feels better as a driver. It's pretty much the 4 seats that had been pulling me towards the G.
The PPW is the color I've been thinking as well.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:41 AM
SilverII

You get a loaner when you service your G at the dealership..... also I think there is a warranty difference...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:50 AM
highside107

It all depends on what you're looking for, bro. I knew I wanted the Z from the get-go , so that's what I got. But to answer your question above, the cloth seats in the Z are pretty comfy in my opinion.

Judging from your screenname, it looks like you're leaning towards the G? Anyways, regardless of what you choose, you'll still be part of the Nissan family!

Last edited by highside107; 09-27-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:53 AM
sp1derm00

after thinking about it, and actually owning the Z... i've got to say that i cant even imagine myself owning a G anymore... to me they are like 2 totally different cars that i think you either love on or the other. (or neither)...

Basically... make the deicision on which car you believe would make you happy and content with.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cloth seats are fine but it is easy to get aftermarket leather for the Zzzz (cost around $800).
Old 09-27-2005, 10:10 AM
ZZ33bOI

i wanted a G first too..but looked at my wallet and the G were way overpriced then the Z...then i just decieded to get the Z because of the price....I still like the G because its more luxury..but i have a Touring so I have everything that a G will have except the MOON ROOF! thats the only thing that I dont have..its the MOON ROOF...but navi,leather, winter package..which i will never drive to the snow or durin winter time...heated sits its just pefect when ur buckin on the passenger seat hahaha..etc etc its the same with the G...if u cant live with out a moon roof then get a G...but its gonna cost u 5-6 G more for pretty much the same car....so its really yup to u..i like the BOLD and BLOCKY design of the G...but the Z has grown a lot on me..u just have to give it time and wash it couple times and u'll find all the smooth lines and the shape its quite lovely...but i love both...i would get either one...just depends on ur wallet..

Quick Reply: Really torn between the G and the Z