Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 12:07 AM
xirtam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35's Sux

G35's are crap. They are wanna-be Z's. All those punks that drive one try to sound like us and try to be like us. But head to head, the Z's will always smoke them. That's fine if you wanna drive a a seemingly more luxurious, but slower car. I choose the Z anyday!!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've owned them both, I like them both, G35 has more luxury,the 350Z has more performance.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xirtam
G35's are crap. They are wanna-be Z's. All those punks that drive one try to sound like us and try to be like us. But head to head, the Z's will always smoke them. That's fine if you wanna drive a a seemingly more luxurious, but slower car. I choose the Z anyday!!
Wow, nice first post. Now get off mom's PC and go to bed, you have to catch the bus early tomorrow for school.
Attached Thumbnails Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?-stfu3.jpg  
Old 10-13-2005, 12:23 AM
xirtam

Sure, let me kiss your mom goodnight before I go to bed.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Z_Driver
Master

It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:49 AM
Tattude

My sisters 04 G35 coupe brand newe FULLY loaded...cost 38K
It is more expensive but the sportier faster Z will always win over the true sports car fan.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:54 AM
oldsnail

it's all wierd how different nissan marketed Canada and U.S.
in Canada, 350z is a bit more expensive than g35, lowest I can go with 350z would be 52k after tax whereas I can get g35 luxury sedan for 46k after tax...

and yeah, it seems to be opposite in the states...
and for the insurance, here in canada where I live, it's cheaper to insure 350z than g35 ($2300 vs $2500)
Old 10-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Tattude

The coupe is more expensive then the sedan. Sedans are CHEAP here in the US too.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:22 AM
RedRicer

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Wow, nice first post. Now get off mom's PC and go to bed, you have to catch the bus early tomorrow for school.
+1.

Umm the G35c is actually a practical car as a daily driver, one touch everything, you can fit 4 race tires in the car and drive to the track, stop at the grocery and get some lunch and still not need a trailer? My requirement was the fastest car you could buy, under 30k that you could get 2 kids in, no way the 350z is better under those circumstances.

I am sorry but the performance difference between a stock 350z and stock G35c is the DRIVER. I would bet 10 out of 10 times it would be a drivers race, best shift, smoothest line, that would be the difference. Put a fat guy in a 350z and a skinny guy in a G35c and the difference in weight is 200 lbs maybe 250? They are the same car except the G35 isn't over styled.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:50 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same class, different league.

G35 = sport coupe
350Z = sports car

Both ones of the best in their own leagues for the price.

Does that answer your question?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Tattude

It isn't a driver’s race...
Going to the track so often I get to see many races. I never see the G35 coupes or G35C's get anything better then low 14's even lightly modded.
350's are getting high 13's more and more stock and/or very LIGHTLY modded. I could only get a 13.9@101mph with my stock Z but I've seen better on other tracks (Florida's HOT)
I drove my sisters G and the best I could do was 14.3@98mph
I've been driving a LONG time and these are lower then most peoples times at this track with these cars.
I've never driven the G35c myself but I've seen two modded ones at the track and they both are only getting low 14's.
A few tenths on the 1320 is MANY CAR lengths.
So, basically unless the Z driver misses a gear or is a totally ****ty driver the Z will win every time.
But, in this case I can beat a Viper...? lol
Old 10-13-2005, 06:21 AM
tekk

i never thought there'd be so much ignorance and hate on a Z forum, especially toward the G35 of all cars!

someone said they felt the G was in the same class different league, id say its the reverse- same league, different class. but either way, i think we're thinking the same thing and its an argument over semantics.

having said that, some of the ignorance on this forum is disturbing.
especially:
-the G doesnt have the heritage of the Z
-the G is a wanna be Z

you guys DO realize that the platform first appeared on the Skyline 350GT prototype right? that's where the Z's platform came from. The whole FM thing started on the Skyline 350GT/G35. So the G-C, Z, FX, etc all borrow from a design first used and premiered on the G sedan. As far as the heritage goes, the first skyline appeared in 1957. the first Z didn't show up until 1969.

so in fact, the G has at least as much history as the Z.
carry on.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Tattude

Never said anything about class but I agree... My sister has a G and I love it. I like speed and handling so I went with the Z. ONLY reason...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:35 AM
RedRicer

Originally Posted by Tattude
It isn't a driver’s race...
Going to the track so often I get to see many races. I never see the G35 coupes or G35C's get anything better then low 14's even lightly modded.
350's are getting high 13's more and more stock and/or very LIGHTLY modded. I could only get a 13.9@101mph with my stock Z but I've seen better on other tracks (Florida's HOT)
I drove my sisters G and the best I could do was 14.3@98mph
I've been driving a LONG time and these are lower then most peoples times at this track with these cars.
I've never driven the G35c myself but I've seen two modded ones at the track and they both are only getting low 14's.
A few tenths on the 1320 is MANY CAR lengths.
So, basically unless the Z driver misses a gear or is a totally ****ty driver the Z will win every time.
But, in this case I can beat a Viper...? lol
Hmmm. I figured a race car races on tracks not on drag strips. In a straight line that 500lbs makes a huge difference. At Putnam, Mid Ohio, and Beaver Run I raced with many 350z's and a few modded G35c. I passed more 350z's than passed me and these were drivers of similar skill level (HPDE 2 - 3) with race tires versus me in my 19's on Toyos.

If you are going to buy a car for the strip i would say the 350 is better than the G35c but that is because the G35c has more, higher end, luxury parts. Hence it is a higher end car and more luxurious. Hey thanks for making the point for this thread that the G35c is a higher end car than the 350z.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by RedRicer
If you are going to buy a car for the strip i would say the 350 is better than the G35c but that is because the G35c has more, higher end, luxury parts. Hence it is a higher end car and more luxurious. Hey thanks for making the point for this thread that the G35c is a higher end car than the 350z.
Reading someone's posts helps when trying to insult them.
I have said time and time again that the G35 is a nicer luxury car. As for the track statement, I'll just say different strokes for different folks...
Most races happen from light to light. This is a fact in EVERY state. Some have it lucky and get to have long strait-a-ways but rarely see twisties in competition or street racing. Auto-Xing isn’t even close but does have some fun points.
So, the next time they have a 250 dollar run at Daytona, I’ll think about going? Not...
I'll pay my 20 bucks and be happy at the drag strip on Wed. Fri. oh, and Sat.

Last edited by Tattude; 10-13-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:21 AM
SoFl_G

Originally Posted by Tattude
Reading someone's posts helps when trying to insult them.
I have said time and time again that the G35 is a nicer luxury car. As for the track statement, I'll just say different strokes for different folks...
Most races happen from light to light. This is a fact in EVERY state. Some have it lucky and get to have long strait-a-ways but rarely see twisties in competition or street racing. Auto-Xing isn’t even close but does have some fun points.
So, the next time they have a 250 dollar run at Daytona, I’ll think about going? Not...
I'll pay my 20 bucks and be happy at the drag strip on Wed. Fri. oh, and Sat.
Wow, a lot of G haters on this Board. Surprising considering the cars are brothers. I was under the impression that the Clientele for the Z was about handling and all around performance.
If you wanted a Drag monster I suggest maybe an F body or Stang, Gran Nationals are stoplight monsters, maybe you should reconsider.

As for me, I needed something a little more practical than my last true sports car (3rd Gen RX7). Making a move down in performance and still keeping 2 seats would have been pointless. I got the G because I needed 4 seats and am not ready for a sedan or worse.....
Old 10-13-2005, 08:45 AM
AZZGUY

Default g35

Originally Posted by krgs2k
g35=old fart sports car
+1
Old 10-13-2005, 09:34 AM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoFl_G
Wow, a lot of G haters on this Board. Surprising considering the cars are brothers.
Nothing better than a little family rivalry. I think the problem is that if someone compliments the G, the Z owner takes offense. If someone compliments the Z, the G owner doesn't care. When either car gets insulted, well... I think the Z is like the G's younger, more athletic brother. Whereas the G is the older brother that graduated high school
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by SoFl_G
Wow, a lot of G haters on this Board. Surprising considering the cars are brothers. I was under the impression that the Clientele for the Z was about handling and all around performance.
If you wanted a Drag monster I suggest maybe an F body or Stang, Gran Nationals are stoplight monsters, maybe you should reconsider.

When have I hated on the G or Z?
I only mentioned the fact that MOST races are in a strait line from light to light.
I also said I like to drag race more then any other racing.
I didn't buy this car for drag racing; I just end up drag racing with my cars because it is fun and a stress reliever for me. I've owned many 1/4 mile monsters in my day but I like the sexy look, great handling, and great all around driving experience the Z offers. After I turbo this car it will still not be worthy of a true ¼ monster status.
Again, my point is the G is more luxurious but the Z is a better sports car…PERIOD!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by xswl0931
Nothing better than a little family rivalry. I think the problem is that if someone compliments the G, the Z owner takes offense. If someone compliments the Z, the G owner doesn't care. When either car gets insulted, well... I think the Z is like the G's younger, more athletic brother. Whereas the G is the older brother that graduated high school
I love those analogies… lol

Quick Reply: Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?